lives new authorization scheme, stump the crackers?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bulo

Post by bulo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:09 pm

I cannot see the problem with Ableton's authorisation system.
Everything's done automatically.
What's the problem?
My tongue spits english like a frog and my head is currently searching for a comprehensive language.
And I shit here

Kilroy

Post by Kilroy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:50 pm

I would love to see a dongle or iLok on Live. I think it would be a better program in the end.

Plus there would be a lot fewer asshats on the forum.

K

otnooishphoo

Post by otnooishphoo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:24 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:
timothyallan wrote:honestly, because it f*cks up my recordings and my mood when I have to constantly keep clicking firewall related dialog boxes.
I've got a firewall, how come I never have to deal with that?

I guess probably cause my studio computer isn't connected to the internet.
little snitch is more of a firewall for pirates then a real firewall..
so POP UPS AWAY for all i care.

Parametex

Post by Parametex » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:29 pm

I love Abletons authorisation system, very fast and convenient. I hate those bloody cumbersome iLoks!

m:o

Post by m:o » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:33 pm

Kilroy wrote:I would love to see a dongle or iLok on Live. I think it would be a better program in the end.

Plus there would be a lot fewer asshats on the forum.

K
double nope, sir.

why would an ilok would live make a better programm ?! please elaborate on this

parameter recording in session view would live make a better program
but thats another story...

Kilroy

Post by Kilroy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:26 pm

More people would pay for it. There would be more development resources available. More development resources would yield a better product.

disco judas

Post by disco judas » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:45 pm

Kilroy wrote:More people would pay for it. There would be more development resources available. More development resources would yield a better product.

They need to make a dongle where an essential part of the program is actually
processed on the dongle, to make it proof, right?

aisling

Post by aisling » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:55 pm

adventurepants_ wrote:
xh9o wrote:
adventurepants_ wrote:its pretty rich for you to talk about authorisation hassles when youve never even paid for it in the first place.

hell shut up and go to the church.
hey get back to work troll. you havent finished digging your ditch in the analog v digital thread yet.
take the non violent approach and just ignore.......don't feed the trolls :D
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:08 pm

Kilroy wrote:More people would pay for it. There would be more development resources available. More development resources would yield a better product.
I disagree. I was hell bent on buying Cubase b/c I was fed up with live's midi limitations and completely axed the idea simply because of the dongle crap. There are plenty of other people who have avoided certain software for the simple reason that they use dongles for authorization. The unlock file is a better solution because it still gives the developer the power to hide their system of generating serials but it doesnt come with the hassle of having to use a physical usb key just to use the program. keys get lost, they break, they take up usb slots, they cost money, they are annoying. MAX 5 doesnt use a dongle and nobody cracked their software, maybe ableton should learn what Cycling is doing. Actually I kinda doubt that ableton needs to change much of anything as nobody has cracked it since version 7.0.3 anyway

Kilroy

Post by Kilroy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:53 pm

Blah, blah, blah.

Geezus, I know so many torrent kiddies that lie just like you do. Oh, a dongle, how terrible! The fact is you have no experience with dongles because by your own admission, you don't use software that has dongles. You have no expertise in dongles, so enough with that line of crap. And of course the other reason is that you don't pay for software, so you would never own a dongle. And you never will.

Instead, torrent kiddies like you just spin your musical wheels, because you spend all your time fantasizing about the next piece of software you are going to rip off, because that will be the software that "finally unlocks your creative potential" or some crap like that.

Trust me, in a month yow will be over on the Cakewalk forums, saying, "I was going to buy Cubase, and then I was going to by Live, but now I have the money set aside for Sonar and am going to buy it. But in the meantime I have a cracked copy I am using."

And in the meantime you produce jack squat because you won't make the commitment (financial or otherwise) to the creative process.
Geezus wrote:
I disagree. I was hell bent on buying Cubase b/c I was fed up with live's midi limitations and completely axed the idea simply because of the dongle crap. There are plenty of other people who have avoided certain software for the simple reason that they use dongles for authorization. The unlock file is a better solution because it still gives the developer the power to hide their system of generating serials but it doesnt come with the hassle of having to use a physical usb key just to use the program. keys get lost, they break, they take up usb slots, they cost money, they are annoying. MAX 5 doesnt use a dongle and nobody cracked their software, maybe ableton should learn what Cycling is doing. Actually I kinda doubt that ableton needs to change much of anything as nobody has cracked it since version 7.0.3 anyway

otnooishphoo

Post by otnooishphoo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:13 pm

disco judas wrote:

They need to make a dongle where an essential part of the program is actually
processed on the dongle, to make it proof, right?
like protools

i hate protools.