Ableton Unsigned

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
amigo

Ableton Unsigned

Post by amigo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:32 am

Hey All.
I am a frequent visitor to this forum, specifically the Link Your Music section. I have come across some really great music as a result and the talent that some of the people have over there is amazing.
So, in order to show my appreciation I decided to put together a mix of my favourite tracks from the past couple of months.

My reason for doing this is firstly to show my appreciation to the artists for writing such great music and secondly to showcase those artists to anybody that will listen.

As artists we all know how hard it is to get somebody to listen to our music so this is another medium to help the cause of those artists.

You can download my mix from my Ableton Unsigned Blog.

If you like it please leave a comment and I urge you to check out the other music from the artists featured as you won’t be disappointed.
Also, make your way over to the Link Your Music forum and start checking out the music that is posted there daily.

This is the first in a series of planned mixes and anybody can contribute so check out the section titled How To Contribute for details.

The track list for this first mix is as follows:

(00:00) polyslax - Closer At First
(10:54) Thomas Arthus - excel-o-tone
(17:21) de wouzer - flapwapper
(24:45) Thomas Arthus - Dawns End
(30:47) dego - Hero
(37:37) Paul Coyles - Frost
(41:53) Our Amygdala Heist - Remember Us
(45:21) Thomas Weitz - Amethyst
(51:40) Thomas Weitz – Refire

Enjoy!

8O

Re: Ableton Unsigned

Post by 8O » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:36 am

What a great idea!

Edit: am currently listening now - it sounds great so far, good selection - and it's playing fine through the QT player in firefox, but that doesn't show the running time, so I've no idea whose track I'm listening to. How about a podcast?

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:06 am

that's really great! will download and listen.

Would be cool to have some notes regarding genre etc. for forthcoming mixes.

amigo

Post by amigo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:21 am

8O wrote:What a great idea!

Edit: am currently listening now - it sounds great so far, good selection - and it's playing fine through the QT player in firefox, but that doesn't show the running time, so I've no idea whose track I'm listening to. How about a podcast?
You should install FoxyTunes for Firefox as it gives you want you want. Anyway, I will look into doing a podcast.

Thanks for listening. :)

amigo

Post by amigo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:24 am

pepezabala wrote:that's really great! will download and listen.

Would be cool to have some notes regarding genre etc. for forthcoming mixes.
Noted. This particular mix spans a few different genres, chilled, progressive house, tech house, techno.

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:53 am

Just listened to it all - very nice!

Have now installed foxytunes and am listening again - there was a highlight somewhere in the middle, I'll see if I can track it down...

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:53 pm

Seriously, one of the best mixes if not the best mix I´ve heard in a while. Great stuff!!! All tracks are amazing, there´s not one in it thats not fresh in its own way! The thomas weitz stuff is quite crazy!
KnobCloud - marketplace for audio software

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:35 pm

Oh yes, 26:30 to 29:30 - *very* nice - I guess that makes it Thomas Arthus' track. And thanks to this mix I get to hear this track which I would've missed in the Link Your Music forum swamp.

So, thanks again! :D

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Really glad to be a part of this project! Thanks to amigo for the interest and for putting together an excellent mix. Congrats to the other artists - very solid tracks! :)
Image Image

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:38 pm

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:26 pm

Great idea Amigo!

rbro

Post by rbro » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:49 pm

amigo wrote:
8O wrote:What a great idea!

You should install FoxyTunes for Firefox as it gives you want you want. Anyway, I will look into doing a podcast.

Put it up on alonetone.com, then they'll automatically create the podcast for you

meekspeaker

Post by meekspeaker » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:12 pm

amigo wrote:Hey All.
I am a frequent visitor to this forum, specifically the Link Your Music section. I have come across some really great music as a result and the talent that some of the people have over there is amazing.
So, in order to show my appreciation I decided to put together a mix of my favourite tracks from the past couple of months.

My reason for doing this is firstly to show my appreciation to the artists for writing such great music and secondly to showcase those artists to anybody that will listen.

As artists we all know how hard it is to get somebody to listen to our music so this is another medium to help the cause of those artists.

You can download my mix from my Ableton Unsigned Blog.

If you like it please leave a comment and I urge you to check out the other music from the artists featured as you won’t be disappointed.
Also, make your way over to the Link Your Music forum and start checking out the music that is posted there daily.

This is the first in a series of planned mixes and anybody can contribute so check out the section titled How To Contribute for details.

The track list for this first mix is as follows:

(00:00) polyslax - Closer At First
(10:54) Thomas Arthus - excel-o-tone
(17:21) de wouzer - flapwapper
(24:45) Thomas Arthus - Dawns End
(30:47) dego - Hero
(37:37) Paul Coyles - Frost
(41:53) Our Amygdala Heist - Remember Us
(45:21) Thomas Weitz - Amethyst
(51:40) Thomas Weitz – Refire

Enjoy!
wow some great stuff here so far at 20 minutes in...
...and this is cool too! The things that are going on we have no idea about eh! Inspiring stuff...thanks people!

----------------
Now playing: Ableton_Unsigned_amigo
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Now playing: Ableton_Unsigned_amigo
via FoxyTunes
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4600+ 2.41Ghz, 2GB Ram, Ableton Live 8.0.9, Novation Remote 37SL, Novation X-Station 25 - http://www.myspace.com/meekspeaker

"...i didn't mean to call you a c**t i meant to call you a tosser. that was a bit harsh..."

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:02 pm

This is a great idea - thanks for doing this! Listening to your mix now.

cacti

Post by cacti » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:40 pm

i really like this mix, just my style downtempo tech