Ableton Unsigned

Share your tracks with other users.
amigo

Ableton Unsigned

Post by amigo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:54 am

Hey All,

Apologies for the cross post but I think people here would be interested in this too and it may get lost in the General forum.

I am a frequent visitor to this forum, specifically the Link Your Music section. I have come across some really great music as a result and the talent that some of the people have over there is amazing.
So, in order to show my appreciation I decided to put together a mix of my favourite tracks from the past couple of months.

My reason for doing this is firstly to show my appreciation to the artists for writing such great music and secondly to showcase those artists to anybody that will listen.

As artists we all know how hard it is to get somebody to listen to our music so this is another medium to help the cause of those artists.

You can download my mix from my Ableton Unsigned Blog.

If you like it please leave a comment and I urge you to check out the other music from the artists featured as you won’t be disappointed.
Also, make your way over to the Link Your Music forum and start checking out the music that is posted there daily.

This is the first in a series of planned mixes and anybody can contribute so check out the section titled How To Contribute for details.

The track list for this first mix is as follows:

(00:00) polyslax - Closer At First
(10:54) Thomas Arthus - excel-o-tone
(17:21) de wouzer - flapwapper
(24:45) Thomas Arthus - Dawns End
(30:47) dego - Hero
(37:37) Paul Coyles - Frost
(41:53) Our Amygdala Heist - Remember Us
(45:21) Thomas Weitz - Amethyst
(51:40) Thomas Weitz – Refire

Enjoy!

Danny Lee

Re: Ableton Unsigned

Post by Danny Lee » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:10 am

this is a brilliant idea

well done mate im sure the members whos music youve used will be buzzing at the support to!

honestly mate! great stuff!

amigo

Post by amigo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:22 am

Thanks Danny. :)

All tracks were provided with permission so everybody concerned is aware of the project.
I hope it gathers pace and something comes of it, especially for the artists.

Danny Lee

Post by Danny Lee » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:46 am

i do too mate. thanks for your work

cant download right now as in work but will be all over this like a fat kid on cake when i get home

de wouzer

Post by de wouzer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:17 pm

I like this a lot! Realy cool to hear so much nice music all together..... and I am very happy to be on this mix!

Thanx Amigo, good work

I see you made a blog about it... is it your plan to make more of this mixes?
macbook 2.4 ghz 2 gig ram, akai MPK 25, uc33e, apc40, ableton 8 suite, krk vx6, NI audio 8

amigo

Post by amigo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:32 am

de wouzer wrote:I see you made a blog about it... is it your plan to make more of this mixes?
Yes, number two is in the pipe line. I am just waiting on aprroval from the artists featured.

Thanks for listening and contributing your track. Initial feedback has been excellent. :D

amigo

Post by amigo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:39 am

Hey Rave,
I'm not sure what you mean as everything looks fine at this end. Please elaborate.

toma

Post by toma » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:48 am

very very very cool idea, and nice music ;)
I really like this idea, and releasing a new mix regularly. Maybe Ableton could promote this?

Well done Amigo this is what it's all about: music, sharing. Thanks!

the_antagonist

Post by the_antagonist » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:40 pm

had a wee flik around this mix. need to make time for a ful lengeth listen.

there are some really good sounds going on.

this is a really good idea, on paper. I hope it works out. are we reminded that it should not have to be a mix if your tastes do not require such a presentation. a selection could also be appropriate..

I would like to upload a mix however.

we have to seek permission... maybe people should be meationing in their 'link your music' that this song is unsigned and availabe for this project.

how are people going to feel about edits of their music. this is ableton live remember.

amigo

Post by amigo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:54 pm

The only thing I am looking to gain from this project is to get the music heard.

It was already mentioned that people are hearing great music in the mix that they missed because of the noise on this forum.
I was also asked where certain tracks could be purchased. My answer to this was to contact the original artist.
Maybe an 'Ableton Signed' net label is required ;)

A selection of tracks would also work but we are using Ableton Live so why not mix them?

Doing an edit I guess would require the permission of the original artist. My personal opinion on that is that the music should speak for itself so there is no need for tricks, effects etc.

By all means put together a mix and get back to me. I'd love to hear it and possibly release it as part of the Ableton Unsigned project.

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:03 pm

toma wrote:Well done Amigo this is what it's all about: music, sharing. Thanks!
+1

There seems to be a lot more music posting/listening/commenting going on recently, which is really nice to see. I think amigo has played a big part in this change with his relentless activity in all 3 areas, so... thanks amigo! :)
Image Image

amigo

Post by amigo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:24 am

It certainly is all about the music and I'm just doing my bit.

Thanks guys. :)

pbasonuk

Post by pbasonuk » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi, Paul Coyles here.

I just want to say thankyou to Amigo, his idea is excellent and thanks to him doing this, I have been getting enquiries and label interest and dj's asking me for copies of my tunes left right and centre! It's also gave me a prod into sorting out my recording quality as I admit, it was shit but I'm now getting a lot better. (Hear for yourself on my myspace website).

Amigo, anytime you want any more just ask mate, i appreciate what you have done.

Cheers

Paul Coyles
http://www.myspace.com/paulcoyles

sussey

Post by sussey » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:22 pm

Really Cool!

amigo

Post by amigo » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:37 pm

pbasonuk wrote:Hi, Paul Coyles here.

I just want to say thankyou to Amigo, his idea is excellent and thanks to him doing this, I have been getting enquiries and label interest and dj's asking me for copies of my tunes left right and centre!
That's excellent news Paul! It looks like the project is starting to achieve what it set out to do. :D

I'm looking forward to listening to the new tracks but why not also post a link here to let everybody else know.

Cheers!