why a lot of people here anti BT

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eisnein

Post by eisnein » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:34 pm

i left out my favorite thing!

the thing that even pissed off friends of mine that were fans of BT's was when he insinuated that he was the first person to do audio stutter thing.

and no...i am not some nameless guy who hides behind the interweb, i would actually like to have this conversation in a constructive manner with the man himself.

not that he wants to hear it from some audio nerd though.

rEalm

Post by rEalm » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:38 pm

Let's not forget his new book on micro-editing too, puhlease!

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:44 pm

He looked like a total arse in those PowerBook commercials.

As far as techno goes, I've yet to hear anybody do it as good as Underworld. So nerr.

-Paws

radder

Post by radder » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:49 pm

the8bitdeity wrote:If he only used his powers for good instead of evil.
BWAHAHAHAHA... :twisted:
myspace.com/raddermusic || soundcloud.com/a-radder || Thinkpad R61 / 3GB RAM / Echo Audiofire 4

bencodec

Re: why a lot of people here anti BT

Post by bencodec » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:08 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
sweetjesus wrote: I'm keen to know what causes the "i hate plugging BT" type comments around here?
I just want people to know one really simple easy to understand idea, my heros are not necessarily your heros, and my music taste is different than yours. Don't expect people to like the kind of music you do, and you'll be much happier, and have better taste in music, because you won't be judging whether or not a group is good or not by their popularity, but by whether or not you personally are moved by it.
wow, what a very nice way of saying that! i wish i could be so polite.
i'd say bt is a constant source of musical mediocrity along with the likes of sasha, oakenfold, dj teitso, and sadly many more. but i guess when he decides to produce work for nsync i really should be expecting much should i?

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:19 pm

I quite liked that N*Sync track, actually.

-Paws

bencodec

Post by bencodec » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:21 pm

hey, to each their own, i find most bt songs sound like synth demo songs.

special ed

Post by special ed » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:43 pm

bencodec wrote:hey, to each their own, i find most bt songs sound like synth demo songs.
ouch. now that was harsh.

i respect his musicianship and production skills. i would have made different choices though in whom i would produce. nsync? give me a fucking break. im not anti bt. i just hate the pop 40 shit. he is better than that i believe.
As far as techno goes, I've yet to hear anybody do it as good as Underworld. So nerr.
i second that.

stockbender

Post by stockbender » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:16 pm

"wow, what a very nice way of saying that! i wish i could be so polite.
i'd say bt is a constant source of musical mediocrity along with the likes of sasha, oakenfold, dj teitso, and sadly many more. but i guess when he decides to produce work for nsync i really should be expecting much should i?"

wow!!!, thats a BOLD statement kid, lets hear ur creations?? we are eager for a new sacrifice, this year in music hasnt been very innovative...show us the light, son :)

so many people jump to judge others while having no clue what so ever as to how "they" would react if they were to wear the shoe of the other and which choices they would make. I bet i can find many errors in your life, and tell you why you arent respected by all the people for whom you produce your music now or why your tracks havent fallen into the top10 lists of 2004 or why you arent yet as successful as you want to be., but wait, you might actually prefer to be small, stay low, and create music for selfish reasons like its a hobby right?...well then theres not much more to say, is there????

this whole topic/post is silly...as it obviously will only evoke negativity and ego boosting.

im out!!! and so should you.

supster

Post by supster » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:04 pm

eisnein wrote: btw i wrote this using 32 out of the 56 keys on my computer, used spell check on every word and none of the posts on this board even come close to what i am doing. i used 21 periods, 14 commas, NO semi colons and still managed to write original string parts on top of it.
lol

*Post of the day*

(and no-one is more qualified to judge that than I am. I have been on the internet for more than 11 years. Lynx was my first browser. I founded a 3000+ member gaming website that is still in existance. I have read thousands of posts, and sometimes feel like i have seen it all. The internet would not be the same without me)
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

supster

Post by supster » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:10 pm

special ed wrote:
i respect his musicianship and production skills. i would have made different choices though in whom i would produce. nsync? give me a fucking break. im not anti bt. i just hate the pop 40 shit. he is better than that i believe.

ok when I hear opinions like these I take issue with it.

Why wouldnt you jump at the chance to make money if you had the chance?

Its a sellout to want to make a living at your craft?

If you had the opportunity to make 20x as much money on ONE TRACK than you ever have made in music in your life, you wouldnt do this?

What do you do for a living? I'm assuming (like most of us) you are not 100% professional and at least have a day job. Could be wrong.

Please dont stand behind the "I'm an artist with integrity" front, when u know as well as I do that an offer like this could make the difference between you having a day job, or doing music full time.
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:19 pm

supster wrote:
special ed wrote:

ok when I hear opinions like these I take issue with it.

Why wouldnt you jump at the chance to make money if you had the chance?

Its a sellout to want to make a living at your craft?

If you had the opportunity to make 20x as much money on ONE TRACK than you ever have made in music in your life, you wouldnt do this?

What do you do for a living? I'm assuming (like most of us) you are not 100% professional and at least have a day job. Could be wrong.

Please dont stand behind the "I'm an artist with integrity" front, when u know as well as I do that an offer like this could make the difference between you having a day job, or doing music full time.
No. I wouldn't produce for Nsync. Maybe Madonna, maybe even Pink, and maybe even a whole host of other popcorn acts.

But I wouldn't produce for ANY boy band or ANY girl band, no matter how much the cash.

eisnein

Post by eisnein » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:21 pm

of course there will be negativity, but sometimes there can be constructive criticism....none of us are in any others positions which means none of our music is the same either. there is nothing wrong with being a hobby muscian or not wanting the entire world to hear your music on the top ten, some people would prefer it to fall on a few ears or keep it as musical masterbation. nothing wrong with that.

also for every 15 of us who criticize Mr. transeau, there are 150 who LOVE him and think he is the shit.

yes a great deal of the time most people have no idea what they are talkin about on the internet (93% of statistics are bullshit!) and many dont care, but its a forum for discussion. freedom of speech, dissent blah blah....positivity can come of it.

we could nitpick everyone to death and it usually happens to people who are well known. you want to listen my music go ahead, there is a link next to my name. i would appreciate criticism from someone i have never met and may never meet. you may think its shite, thats cool, its your opinion. i may learn something from it that may make me a more rounded musician. you may just not get what i am going for, as i may not understand BT, but there is a limit to vocalizing your ego when other musicians look to you for inspiration...or not, i dont know. it seems to impress certain people, that extreme level of confidence, and sometimes it may work.

i understand that it is his job and certain sacrifices must be made even by superstars djs/producers. i dont believe in selling out. we do what we can do, we learn from our vaired experiences.

but sometimes it gets tiring to hear interviews in which people push product. this isnt the artist's fault alone. endorsements are key. products are key. as long as we remember that music is the important parts and tools are tools.

and like i said i would be willing to have this conversation with him face to face...

eisnein

Post by eisnein » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:23 pm

btw that was in response to stockbender and

thank you supster.

supster

Post by supster » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:24 pm

Amberience wrote:
But I wouldn't produce for ANY boy band or ANY girl band, no matter how much the cash.
Why not?

What do you currently do for a living? Is it music 100% of the time, or no?

Are you currently recognized in the industry as someone who gets work? Or no?

You dont have to answer, I'm curious as to how many people that can answer those questions in the affirmative, or are actually striving to be successful in music, would say what you just did.
--