Saw Digweed last night.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
funky shit

Saw Digweed last night.

Post by funky shit » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:09 pm

4 hour set.
Was good night, no James Zabiela tho.

breslin

Re: Saw Digweed last night.

Post by breslin » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:24 pm

saw him too. Thought he was just good, but not as good as some folk were making out on the night.

beats me

Post by beats me » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Saw him with Sasha once. Most boring thing I had ever witnessed. 15 minutes of throbbing bass while everybody sat on the floor with suckers in their mouth. Thank God it was at a festival and there were 4 other artists to check out. I think the guy sweeping the stage between acts was more entertaining. Maybe they had an off night or I just didn't get it.

roach808

Post by roach808 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:49 pm

the last time i saw digweed it was seriously off the chain. the best part was it was a weeknite no less, and it was a smaller club. Dunno, had more a vibe to it then whole festival crap.
roach- the other white meat
http://www.themenacetosobriety.com/blog/
MBP, Live Suite, and lots of nice analogue gear.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:30 pm

saw diggers at a festival about a year ago. he was off the hook, seriously awesome music and vibe.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:57 am

The tunes he were playing was rockin.
too much hype tho.

amigo

Post by amigo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:26 am

He also played a four hour set in Dublin recently, which is unheard of these days.
I thought he was great and his track selection was superb. :)

Ball Sack

Post by Ball Sack » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:18 pm

beats me wrote:Saw him with Sasha once. Most boring thing I had ever witnessed. 15 minutes of throbbing bass while everybody sat on the floor with suckers in their mouth. Thank God it was at a festival and there were 4 other artists to check out. I think the guy sweeping the stage between acts was more entertaining. Maybe they had an off night or I just didn't get it.
Has anybody ever told you that you sound like an old man :)

Zygi

Post by Zygi » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:50 pm

He'll be playin near my place in a month...

but I wonder if there's anything special about him without sasha standing next to him :)

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Ball Sack wrote:
beats me wrote:Saw him with Sasha once. Most boring thing I had ever witnessed. 15 minutes of throbbing bass while everybody sat on the floor with suckers in their mouth. Thank God it was at a festival and there were 4 other artists to check out. I think the guy sweeping the stage between acts was more entertaining. Maybe they had an off night or I just didn't get it.
I think you have it backwards. Sounding like an old man would be still being a fanboy of a DJ that got big in the early 90's. I'm sure there's people bringing their kids to Digweed shows to show them what dad was into back in the day.

Ball Sack

Post by Ball Sack » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:16 pm

beats me wrote:
Ball Sack wrote:
I think you have it backwards. Sounding like an old man would be still being a fanboy of a DJ that got big in the early 90's. I'm sure there's people bringing their kids to Digweed shows to show them what dad was into back in the day.
Ok thanks for clearing that up :)

aisling

Post by aisling » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:17 pm

beats me wrote:
Ball Sack wrote:
Your absolutely right, last time I actively listened to him was pre 2000 :oops:
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

lerky

Post by lerky » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:03 am

was lucky enough to live in london from 2000-2008 bedrock used to be on first thursday of every month, so many great nights, john is an ace dj, even flew back last october for the birthday at matter.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7 ... =552957200