My nanoKEY just kicked the bucket

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SolutionG

My nanoKEY just kicked the bucket

Post by SolutionG » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:22 am

Don't ever buy one of these. I was bashing out some chords when all of a sudden one key pops off. Upon further inspection, it turns out that one of the ends of one part of the clip that holds the key on the board broke off. I'll need a new clip if I have any hope of fixing this thing, but IMO its too much of a hassle just to have it happen to another key in a couple weeks.

DId I mention that this is less than 3 weeks old? These things can't take any abuse at all, so heed my warning and save your money.
Live 7 + Sampler + Operator + Drum Machines | NI Audio Kontrol 1 | nanoKONTROL

SMonk

Re: My nanoKEY just kicked the bucket

Post by SMonk » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:06 am

SolutionG wrote: DId I mention that this is less than 3 weeks old? These things can't take any abuse at all, so heed my warning and save your money.
Either that, or avoid abusing your gear.

m:o

Post by m:o » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:16 am

I've had got a nanokey too.....for 1 day.
i sent it back to thomann cause it was
absolute crap. Loose keys, no builtquality.

SolutionG

Post by SolutionG » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:29 am

SMonk wrote:
SolutionG wrote: DId I mention that this is less than 3 weeks old? These things can't take any abuse at all, so heed my warning and save your money.
Either that, or avoid abusing your gear.
I see what you mean, but a keyboard should be able to take rapidly played 16th's at 80-100% velocity without breaking, no matter how small it may be.
Live 7 + Sampler + Operator + Drum Machines | NI Audio Kontrol 1 | nanoKONTROL

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:04 pm

I held a Nano Key for one minute and realized it was absolute crap.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:27 pm

I love mine, but I only use it as a convenient way to trigger different pitches when I'm doing music or sound design on the road. Definitely don't buy one of these as a serious performance instrument (unless you're Jordan Rudess).

- Nick

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:33 pm

How about the Nanopad, do any of you guys find the Nanopads more durable than the Nanokeys? Or do you think those will break quickly too?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Willyum wrote:How about the Nanopad, do any of you guys find the Nanopads more durable than the Nanokeys? Or do you think those will break quickly too?
I've been beating my *er* nanoPad for months now. No problems. Same with the nanoKontrol. I've got two of them and they've seen lots of action. No issues at all.

Build quality of the nanoKey is crap? Compared to WHAT exactly? Show me another mini keyboard in the $40 range that has BETTER build quality. 8O :?: Show me a mini keyboard in the $40 range, period! I'd never take it on a gig, but have certainly used it quite a bit. It's not had any issues either.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

chevthewizard

Post by chevthewizard » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:41 pm

I've never had any issues with my nanoKey either*

*apart from the one key that keeps falling off

seriously though they rock, there's nothing else i can sketch ideas out with whilst sitting on my bed.
My Website | Myspace | Soundcloud
birdhouse19 wrote:i was playing a club last night and had to play some rap, and i know ableton live isnt very good with rap without a sound card.