OT (enough) vidya game thredddd - Fallout 3 (lounge?)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
john doe by choice

OT (enough) vidya game thredddd - Fallout 3 (lounge?)

Post by john doe by choice » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:10 am

Ok, since this thread keeps coming back RE: Video games, I'm renaming the thread...it is no longer about my undying love for the Japanese-created Resident Evil (aka Biohazard), but all yer favrite vidya gemes.

Also, RE5 does now have a head to head option for sale on XBox Market, and as soon as I'm done with finals, the pummeling shall begin (although, since I never do the xbox live thing, I'll probably be on the receiving end of said pummeling for a bit, lol). XBox gamer tag is John Lon Bishop, add me, duh.

I can't wait for this to show up:

God bless the Japanese for the ever-glorious Resident Evil - I got my pre-order shipment email today for the collectors edition, and am currently clearing space between my DJ Q-Bert dunny and my Quasimoto Lord-In-A-Box for my new buddy, Chris Redfield. I probably won't go XBLive with it until I beat the game, but anyone else on XBLive that wants to go head to head in about a week, post here, but be ready to get clobbered. Really, I'll slay alla yous.
Last edited by john doe by choice on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.

john doe by choice

Re: OT - RE5: You may be waiting for L8, but...

Post by john doe by choice » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:58 am

what a bunch of chickens 8O

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:15 am

john doe by choice wrote:what a bunch of chickens 8O
There isn't versus multiplayer in the game yet. It's going to be a $5 download, but they haven't given a release date. So you won't be going "head to head" for a while, but online co-op is still available.
Unsound Designer

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:32 am

stringtapper wrote:
john doe by choice wrote:what a bunch of chickens 8O
There isn't versus multiplayer in the game yet. It's going to be a $5 download, but they haven't given a release date. So you won't be going "head to head" for a while, but online co-op is still available.
I didn't know that...I never got into/paid attention to the whole multiplayer/co-op thing, just not my style, but this game will change that, I think. I tried it once, back when the system was wholly infested with people using cheat codes, so it just pissed me off because I just won't play like that, but I hear that kind of crap has cleared up a little since XBLive was started.

jamester

Post by jamester » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:40 am

I'm excited for this as well, will probably get it next week. Never finished 4 though - not even close! lol

Not much of a gamer, but a big RE fan...
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:07 am

Played the demo, gameplay is terrible. Oooh pretty graphics but still, games are supposed to be fun.

Left4Dead4thewin...best zombie game EVAR

massiveheadpain

Post by massiveheadpain » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:02 am

L4D FTW!!!11!!!

but yeah resident evil 5 looks awesome!

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:10 am

Geezus wrote:Played the demo, gameplay is terrible. Oooh pretty graphics but still, games are supposed to be fun.

is the free dlc available for left for dead yet?
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:21 am

Geezus wrote:Played the demo, gameplay is terrible. Oooh pretty graphics but still, games are supposed to be fun.

?? The gameplay is (nearly) exactly the same as RE4, so I guess you think that's "terrible" too?

Been playing RE5 for the last 6 hours, awesome game. Definitely enormously like RE4, but more fast-paced.

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:13 am

great game so far - but whats with the control system??? it sucks big time. dead space had it down much better.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:18 am

Played the demo, the controls were so bad i had to turn it off after 5 minutes. Its exactly the same as resi 4, which while good for its time has been surpassed control wise by even the most average of games. They needed a gears of war type interface for it. Disappointing as RE4 was one of my favourite games of last generation.

jeffplaysmoog

Post by jeffplaysmoog » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:40 pm

Hmmm, I am not sure how you can complain about the controls while citing REIV as one of your favorite games as the controls (and the game, basically) are identical. I beat REV a few days ago, and I must say that, although it was a fun game, REIV was better overall. REV suffers from being a sequel with not too many new ideas and the new ideas it introduces (the ammo chugging partner) fall a bit flat. The game is fun overall for REIV fans, since it offers the same type of game play (walk into room, trigger zombies, kill) but is a bit of a let down in the end.
Mac Book Pro 2.33ghz, 2gig Ram, OS 10.5, Ableton Live 8 Suite, APC40

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:49 pm

+1

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:00 pm

Meh, I'm not really worried about the gameplay - with the way you can actually get updates for games nowadays, they could drop an update the day of release that could totally smooth things out, and according to the RE5 site, that kinda sounds like that's what they're doing. I don't know shit about development, though, so I could be wrong.

Anyway, anyone complaining about gameplay ought to go back and play RE 0-3 again - those games had some rough gameplay, way rougher than the gameplay in RE4, I guarantee it. I loved those games, but still had a way harder time with movement in them.

For those who have played the demo, I wouldn't count on it being the final word on how smooth the game is.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:42 pm

I liked Dead Space controls too, tht wa sa fun and scary game. Stuck playing Fallout3 now, another great game.