so what do you eat??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

what do you eat??

Nothing with eyes (Vegi)
16%
Nothing that comes from anything that has/had eyes (Vegan)
6%
Kosher
1%
Halal
1%
Everything that moves really
75%

Total votes: 85

shai

so what do you eat??

Post by shai » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:59 am

i'm moving slowly from vegi to vegan and while still experimenting, i wonder what my fellow ableton live users have on their plates --

pepezabala

Re: so what do you eat??

Post by pepezabala » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:06 pm

hmm, nothing that walks or flies. started fish and seafood when I came to Spain ...

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:15 pm

I eat anything and everything...i love food(but i'm not fat)

We've got canine teeth for a reason......now get some meat down ya and stop being soft :D
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:28 pm

If god (ahem!) didn't want us to eat animals then why the fuck did he make them out of meat??!!

I eat everything. Lots of it. Always have. And I'm 5'11" and 10 stone!
/smug
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:48 pm

If you can't hunt it down and kill it, I won't eat it.
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

dru

Post by dru » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:48 pm

I eat halal but apparently allowed to eat kosher too.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:18 pm

everything... i am more like the french when it comes to food, i use / eat everything from an animal what you can possibly turn into food, but i am also very keene on all sorts of veggies, fruits... everything really.

mnjam. i love food, after music and sex the next best and most important thing in my life and cooking is my passion and luckily my girlfriends, too
and she is a fantastic cook, i also have several friends who run gourmet upper class restaurants in town and potsdam. he he... lucky me.
Last edited by SubFunk on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Rave wrote:
SubFunk wrote:everything... i am more like the french when it comes to food, i use / eat everything from an animal what you can possibly turn into food, but i am also very keene on all sorts of veggies, fruits... everything really.

mnjam. i get hungry.

Do you stink of Garlic? :lol:

yes! very often and onions, too

i don't give a shit even at work... i would never not eat something and miss the utter joy out of fantastic food just for being polite or some other artificial rubbish.
*** Image GAFM ***

minimal

Post by minimal » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:30 pm

I eat everything but I try to stay easy on meat now.
Growing up i gradually started thinking about the real value of balanced and healthy nutrition, and the topic is quite hot at the moment, which is good because a lot of people are poisoning themselves with loads of junk food.
In the past I could eat meat every day, never eat a lot of pork, mostly beef
now I'm getting slower cause I feel I couldn't continue eating meat so much, and eating less meat makes me automatically go for more vegetable proteins, I have to say it feels better after a couple of years now, not that I was feeling bad before but now it's just "lighter" inside me, and I'm also try to eat a bit less than i would, and that helps a lot too, i was overloading my stomach by eating a lot before, may it be that as son of italians immigrants I grown up with carbohydrates a gogo, you know spaghetti are very good and all but if you continuosly combine it with animal proteines you load your stomach a bit...
I'm also happy not to be a conservative "spaghetti or pizza or nothing" guy cause discovering foods from various sides of the world first of all I discovered a trip of flavours and tastes and I can vary more what I eat.
The fact is that here in switzerland -but in italy is the same, and I can only speak for these two countries, people grown up used to eat tonns of meat. In the company's restaurants where the serve 700 to 1000 meals a day to office workers, you get everyday meat, and believe it or not is cheaper that the vegetarian "do your own plate" buffet. That should give also ideas about the quality of the meat served in such structures. bleah.
I never was into sweet stuff anyway, I can maybe eat a piece of chocolate or apple pie every now and then, but most of the desserts are not of my liking, and all these "fake" shit like bonbons, chocolatebars never found a way in my body, even when i was a child I never had interest in junk food unlike the biggest part of my school fellows, and I'm pretty scared now to see how many people are fullying themselves up with this "designer food", expecially schools boy who can't go back home to eat on lunchbreak... the most part I see are walking with redbull or cheaper equivalent (all made in the same factory in Austria anyway so it's really the same shit) and sad sandwiches which are packed since a month in a plastic bag... the most part of them doesn't look very healthy, to be honest. I mean if you can see the signs of bad eating of the people's face -eyerings, eyeballs, lips, skin, blah blah... one doesn't need to be fat to look like a fastfood whore.
on the other side you have these ords of dried up anorexic girls who go on on sigarettes and salad who neither looks very healthy.. and they are mostly unfriendly cause if you permamently walk arund hungry and high coffee and cigarettes you probably won't very relaxed and taklative, let alone start a talk with one of these skinny b*****...

abletoff

Post by abletoff » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Quoting Minimal for sure.

I'm trying to unload junk food, but it's really your body that asks and you only have to reply. Office life is crap for eating because you can't get antisocial everytime and stick with your apple and yogurt. You have to go and when eating with coworkers is fun like in my case, it's hard not to follow them to the fucking dirty-oil-fryier of choice.
But mostly I'm cutting on meat and sugar and balance breakfast. Cereal, green tea in the morning, fruit-veggie shakes at lunch, maybe with a tuna sandwich before, or even the chinese rice spaghetti sometimes. Less pork, avoiding cheeseburgers which I happen to appreciate, and eaten in truckloads since young age.
Live 9 Suite, audio trackles (several audio tracks that crackle)

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:18 pm

I rarely eat 'junk' food; never a fast-food joint like CackDonanlds or KFC. Primarily I'll eat vegetarian (as my partner is, and it's easier to cook one meal) but if we're out, I might have a steak or a meaty curry or something.

I've gotten into a routine of eating when I need to eat, and eating as healthy as possible; low fat, low carb, low sugar. Lots of fruit & veg. I do like the occasional chinese meal or pizza, but we have them so rarely, they don't really register on my index.

Tasty.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

shai

Post by shai » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:21 pm

one conclusion so far - meat eaters talk more :lol:
where are the proud cats-savers on board???

jamester

Post by jamester » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:55 pm

I'm a terratarian, but I only have beef once a week or so. Mostly chicken, veggies and pasta...
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:58 pm

shai wrote:one conclusion so far - meat eaters talk more :lol:
where are the proud cats-savers on board???
Mmmmmm..........cat..........drool
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:09 pm

Anything Denny's puts on a plate that qualifies as a "slam".