Video Tutorials: Huge Basses with Corpus

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Michael Hatsis

Video Tutorials: Huge Basses with Corpus

Post by Michael Hatsis » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:51 pm

I just made a couple tutorial videos for dubspot - problee the coolest school in the world. One shows off a really cool way to use Ableton/AAS corpus effect to make your bass HUGE. figured some of you fellers might enjoy them...

Linkage:
http://dubspot.squarespace.com/

direct links:
sub bass with corpus

dubstep bass

enjoy!
Last edited by Michael Hatsis on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

dredd i knight

Re: Video Tutorials: Huge Basses with Corpus & Dubstep

Post by dredd i knight » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:40 am

Thanks! :D
great resource for tips.
peace

john gordon

Re: Video Tutorials: Huge Basses with Corpus

Post by john gordon » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:01 am

very cool.

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:51 pm

glad your enjoying. Ill probably be making some more in the future...

Zerobae

Post by Zerobae » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:35 am

i watched these tutorials recently, not knowing it was you who did them - very very useful stuff! thanks...
and i have to say, corpus is fantastic. secret weapon alert

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:40 pm

nice Mike.

The voice though...are you sure you're not Sly Stallone in disguise? :D

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:37 pm

UKRuss wrote:nice Mike.

The voice though...are you sure you're not Sly Stallone in disguise? :D
Yes, I do have a deep voice, i think it has something to do with my large...em............feet. :oops:

Zerobae wrote:i watched these tutorials recently, not knowing it was you who did them - very very useful stuff! thanks...
and i have to say, corpus is fantastic. secret weapon alert
glad your enjoying. yeah corpus is great! I never would have thought that you can thicken up a bass sound like that with a resonator style effect, but booooom. havent had a chance to play around with collision yet. but I do love mallet sounds, (specially vibes with a nice log release and some tremolo 8) ) so im sure Ill get around to it sooner than later. But hopefully ableton will do this more in the future, I mean offering a standalone effects component from some of its instruments...
For instance how cool would it be to have the autofilter with all of those new filters operator has...add to that the morphing filters in sampler...yum yum

Darwinist

Post by Darwinist » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:18 pm

For instance how cool would it be to have the autofilter with all of those new filters operator has...add to that the morphing filters in sampler...yum yum
My hope is that all of these "elements" from the native FX will be included as Max4Live objects when MFL ships. So you could indeed stick filters from Operators or Sampler into an Autofilter like FX....

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:40 pm

Darwinist wrote:
My hope is that all of these "elements" from the native FX will be included as Max4Live objects when MFL ships. So you could indeed stick filters from Operators or Sampler into an Autofilter like FX....
I imagine that all of my device-chains will end up reading Like Aphex Twin's limo in the beginning of Windowlicker :D

Samplers with Beatrepeats with Resonators' with autofilters with lfo after lfo...

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:42 pm

Oh, and thanks for the patch. I will look into it once I am allowed... Still have lot's of Max homework to do before I can afford to try out 8 (can you say discipline?)