so what do you eat??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

what do you eat??

Nothing with eyes (Vegi)
16%
Nothing that comes from anything that has/had eyes (Vegan)
6%
Kosher
1%
Halal
1%
Everything that moves really
75%

Total votes: 85

Machinesworking

Re: so what do you eat??

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:28 pm

aisling wrote:The coffee is the hardest toxin of them all to give up for me.....I admittedly drink to much that I probably run a net acid ash similar to the average hamburger and hot-dog eating schmuck.

Same here, it's gotta go at some point.
Anthropologically (this is my own theory) I think that during the summer time, man was made to eat primarily raw foods, fruits and nuts. The animal proteins would have been consumed in the fall and winter as a way to add body fat for insulation and energy expenditure......
Well it depends on where you live whether this is the way men eat etc. If you agree people origionated in Africa, which is almost considered a fact, then it figures that winters VS summer aren't as drastic as say Norway. Biologically all long living areas on the planet are similar in diet, in that it's low in meat and dairy, and the people tend to work hard. Alaskan natives and other arctic circle dwellers who ate only a diet of whale and other sea life didn't live much past 40 apparently. Same with most tribes who's diet was controlled by their northern climate, and had to rely on meat only during the winters.

Anyway back to you pandering to the majority. :wink:

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:56 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
aisling wrote:The coffee is the hardest toxin of them all to give up for me.....I admittedly drink to much that I probably run a net acid ash similar to the average hamburger and hot-dog eating schmuck.

Same here, it's gotta go at some point.
Anthropologically (this is my own theory) I think that during the summer time, man was made to eat primarily raw foods, fruits and nuts. The animal proteins would have been consumed in the fall and winter as a way to add body fat for insulation and energy expenditure......
Well it depends on where you live whether this is the way men eat etc. If you agree people origionated in Africa, which is almost considered a fact, then it figures that winters VS summer aren't as drastic as say Norway. Biologically all long living areas on the planet are similar in diet, in that it's low in meat and dairy, and the people tend to work hard. Alaskan natives and other arctic circle dwellers who ate only a diet of whale and other sea life didn't live much past 40 apparently. Same with most tribes who's diet was controlled by their northern climate, and had to rely on meat only during the winters.

Anyway back to you pandering to the majority. :wink:
Yeah, it's a double edged sword trying to "fit in" :wink:

Like I said originally, I do eat animal products.....But in moderation. This week, the only animal protein I consumed was salmon durring one meal, and any trace amounts of dairy from chocolate. I seem to cycle. Right now my body seems to only want vegetables and fruits (which are a staple anyway), along with beans and sprouted breads. You mentioned the wheat allergy issue, have you tried sprouted wheat/breads.....Ezekiel brand is a family favorite.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

shai

Post by shai » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:01 pm

+1 for coffee . gave up cigarettes, meat, milk, eggs... still holding on to my espresso. and not just one a day let me tell you

why all the stuff we crave for is toxic and bad? i just can't totally explain it to myself. something is wrong with us humans.

i recently think more and more that we're indeed sourced in some alien origin. hence the total misunderstanding of earth and it's nature

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:06 pm

I dunno, coffee is part super food/drug, part toxin.

I prefer to enjoy it in moderation, then have green tea & water the rest of the day.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Darwinist

Post by Darwinist » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:20 am

Anything that runs/swims slowly enough that I can catch it :twisted:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:24 am

Darwinist wrote:Anything I can afford at the supermarket.
fixed. :wink:

shai

Post by shai » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:31 pm

ok now. this is horrifying stuff. watch on your own risk
http://www.meat.org/

aisling

Post by aisling » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:24 pm

:( Yes a sad state of affairs.......I do believe that if the animal is in a state of fear, or a 'fight or flight' response, the hormone and neurotransmitter release of cortisol, adrenaline, and epinephrine can drastically affect the quality of the meat.

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:44 pm

aisling wrote::( Yes a sad state of affairs.......I do believe that if the animal is in a state of fear, or a 'fight or flight' response, the hormone and neurotransmitter release of cortisol, adrenaline, and epinephrine can drastically affect the quality of the meat.
makes it taste better! when the shit hits the fan (should be later this week according to the Ableton forums) the vageterians are going to be the first ones we eat, they'll taste good. especially with the extra cortisol, adrenaline, and epinephrine. I get dibs on kodama, there's nothing like grain fed hippy brisket slow roasted, dripping with BBQ sauce. 8O what about hippy foie gras?!?!? nom nom nom

(please take the 'hippy' name calling with a grain of salt, I don't know you, wouldn't care if you were a hippy or not, it's just a funny word.)

aisling - speaking of hippies, have you been to Magnolia lately? the Dead mural is completely painted over, new menu, same beer. they opened a sister restaurant, Alembic, high end bar food, wicked liquor selection.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

aisling

Post by aisling » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:28 am

Tone Deft wrote:
aisling wrote::( Yes a sad state of affairs.......I do believe that if the animal is in a state of fear, or a 'fight or flight' response, the hormone and neurotransmitter release of cortisol, adrenaline, and epinephrine can drastically affect the quality of the meat.
makes it taste better! when the shit hits the fan (should be later this week according to the Ableton forums) the vageterians are going to be the first ones we eat, they'll taste good. especially with the extra cortisol, adrenaline, and epinephrine. I get dibs on kodama, there's nothing like grain fed hippy brisket slow roasted, dripping with BBQ sauce. 8O what about hippy foie gras?!?!? nom nom nom

(please take the 'hippy' name calling with a grain of salt, I don't know you, wouldn't care if you were a hippy or not, it's just a funny word.)

aisling - speaking of hippies, have you been to Magnolia lately? the Dead mural is completely painted over, new menu, same beer. they opened a sister restaurant, Alembic, high end bar food, wicked liquor selection.
......might be a good time to plug the psy tarnce band infected mushroom with the album "converting vegetarians" (secretly, the album sucks....but for some reason those guys are the like the superstars of trance.....and I have a soft spot for good quality trance, althought the last good quality trance that I know was released like 8 years ago)

Actually speaking of hippies, I am up in Sebastopol CA (where it is still 1977), and I don't get down to the City as Often as I'd like (with 2 little aislings that I mr mom.......) But I'll make an effort to check it out the next time I get down there (once a month or so) out. Thanks for the heads up.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:25 pm

i just ate a bowl of popcorn with tamari, olive oil and nutritional yeast on it.

it was awesome.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:35 pm

I'm a pescetarian.

I tend to eat rice in some form or another at least once a day. Other than that, it varies a lot.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

shai

Post by shai » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:36 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:i just ate a bowl of popcorn with tamari, olive oil and nutritional yeast on it.

it was awesome.

.lm.
8O

sounds adventurous .. :)

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:03 am

No, most AR vegans are hard core punks or death metal types.

I don't really fit in there, I quite fancy industrial myself.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:17 am

shai wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote:i just ate a bowl of popcorn with tamari, olive oil and nutritional yeast on it.

it was awesome.

.lm.
8O

sounds adventurous .. :)
sounds bizarre. could be nice with some bacon on top, though.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com