New iphone OS 3.0 announced!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beats me

New iphone OS 3.0 announced!!

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:56 am

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/0 ... index.html

Did they add the features you wanted?

arachnaut

Re: New iphone OS 3.0 announced!!

Post by arachnaut » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:18 pm

The iPhone is the only computer I've owned that doesn't allow me to save files.

I don't think that is in v3.0, is it?

They did add copy and paste, so that's a giant leap forward.

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:34 pm

Still no Flash player, right? That's what we really need.

And a better halfpipe in Touchgrind.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:57 pm

They added the MMS stuff which is great because my drunk friends are always sending me pictures of God knows what which I can't view on the current OS.

I wasn't blown away by the announcement, but then they zinged me at the end saying some of this won't work on the first gen iphone which I have. Way to force me to buy a new one. I hope I can get a new one without starting a new contract. It seems like anytime you purchasing anything new from AT&T they start a new contract.

Also it seems like with push technology your phone is going to be lighting up every 30 seconds from some app you have installed. Yikes. Good thing I'm not that social on my iphone and it could be quite annoying if you hang out with somebody who is. "Hey, I just got a new email/IM/tweet/text/sports update!"

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:38 pm

beats me wrote:Good thing I have no friends as it could be quite annoying if you hang out with somebody who does. "Hey, I just got a new email/IM/tweet/text/sports update!"

Yeah, and it drains your battery life biiiigtime. You should thank your lucky stars!

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:52 pm

timothyallan wrote:
beats me wrote:Good thing I have no friends as it could be quite annoying if you hang out with somebody who does. "Hey, I just got a new email/IM/tweet/text/sports update!"

Yeah, and it drains your battery life biiiigtime. You should thank your lucky stars!
I thought you were my friend. :cry: Just this weekend you said you would show me your pet unicorn if I ever make it down there.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:57 pm

Now I feel sad and ashamed.

Maybe we could start an online internet suicide pact?

n0nce

Post by n0nce » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:58 pm

beats me wrote:http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/0 ... index.html

Did they add the features you wanted?
hey thanks for last Tuesday's news.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:05 pm

lol @ poor beats me

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:47 am

STOP MAKING FUN OF ME!!!

bensuthers

Post by bensuthers » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:05 am

> The iPhone is the only computer I've owned that doesn't allow me to save files.

saving files is one of those paradigms that needs to be broken so we can move into the 21st century.

like cut, copy and paste, it's interface design from another era.

jonny72

Post by jonny72 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:37 am

timothyallan wrote:

Apple seem to think they've solved the battery life issue. If I read it correctly, all the push updates have to be sent through Apple who deliver it to the phone through the relevant mobile company's network. So they shouldn't use any more juice than receiving an sms.

Whilst there is no Flash player officially announced yet, I'm sure Adobe and Apple have said they are working on it and that we'll be seeing it soon. Its supposed to be custom written for the iPhone rather than just a port of an existing version, so the features may be different.
MacBook Pro 13" Early 2011 - OS X 10.7.4

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:42 am

jonny72 wrote:
timothyallan wrote:

Apple seem to think they've solved the battery life issue. If I read it correctly, all the push updates have to be sent through Apple who deliver it to the phone through the relevant mobile company's network. So they shouldn't use any more juice than receiving an sms.

Whilst there is no Flash player officially announced yet, I'm sure Adobe and Apple have said they are working on it and that we'll be seeing it soon. Its supposed to be custom written for the iPhone rather than just a port of an existing version, so the features may be different.
I heard the second gen. iphones in general have a shit battery life compared to the first gen. Is this true or have they somehow fixed this? I'm no iphone power user but if I start fiddling around with games for about a half hour it drains the battery pretty quickly.

arachnaut

Post by arachnaut » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:29 pm

bensuthers wrote:> The iPhone is the only computer I've owned that doesn't allow me to save files.

saving files is one of those paradigms that needs to be broken so we can move into the 21st century.

like cut, copy and paste, it's interface design from another era.
Yes, get rid of that keyboard and use voice recognition.

jamester

Post by jamester » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:48 pm

beats me wrote: I heard the second gen. iphones in general have a shit battery life compared to the first gen. Is this true or have they somehow fixed this? I'm no iphone power user but if I start fiddling around with games for about a half hour it drains the battery pretty quickly.
The GF and I got our 3G's in January; mine has awesome battery life, her's is not nearly as good. Not sure if mine's especially good, or her's is especially bad.

I am definitely excited for 3.0 though, finally most of the things that should've been there all along are coming!
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge