Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nuxnamon

Re: Post your set up and your ugly face...

Post by nuxnamon » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:14 am

hrmnk

dude, watch out for that beer!! 8O i've knocked over a few drinks before on equipment and it's a total buzz kill..

selthym

Post by selthym » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:29 am

hrmnk

I too have the sl zero and padkontrol, I would love to know how you use these two together. Currently I use the remote sl for mixing €, rack selection and automap, the padkontrol for triggering clips and occasionaly playing in synthlines... when I haven't bothered to plug in my usb keyboard.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:42 am

nuxnamon wrote:hrmnk

dude, watch out for that beer!! 8O i've knocked over a few drinks before on equipment and it's a total buzz kill..
That was my thought as well... Worse than Buzz Killington himself!
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

hrmnk

Post by hrmnk » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:32 am

selthym wrote:hrmnk

I too have the sl zero and padkontrol, I would love to know how you use these two together. Currently I use the remote sl for mixing €, rack selection and automap, the padkontrol for triggering clips and occasionaly playing in synthlines... when I haven't bothered to plug in my usb keyboard.
I use the sl for mixing (without automap though, i hate it) and effects and the padkontrol for clip launching and filters(xypad). this combo is ok but im planning on building my own controller cause it doesnt satisfy me 100 %

and yeah, watch out for the beer, i know :p but i need beer while i'm performing ;p

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:50 am

hrmnk wrote:and yeah, watch out for the beer, i know :p but i need beer while i'm performing ;p
Very true - me too.

I like to request a separate small table just for my beer!
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:27 pm

ollyb303 wrote:
hrmnk wrote:and yeah, watch out for the beer, i know :p but i need beer while i'm performing ;p
Very true - me too.

I like to request a separate small table just for my beer!
i had a spilled beer once in my current lappy, that's why i now always use a griffin elevator to keep him save.
*** Image GAFM ***

allenz

Post by allenz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi,
Thanks Amb, gotta confess I'm frontin with the second powerbook though - one of them belongs to my buddy...... :)

digitalgeist

Post by digitalgeist » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:53 pm

--
Thanks!
Alex K/ Digital Geist

http://www.digitalgeist.com

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:02 pm

hrmnk wrote: and yeah, watch out for the beer, i know :p but i need beer while i'm performing ;p
I once did a 5 1/2 hour long set on a club i was resident in.
I never once left the decks until i was finished.
When the night ended, the owner asked me: do you know how many beers you had?
I said no. 26, she said (25cl ones). I was amazed, i wasn't even drunk.
Needless to say, i went to the bathroom a lot the next 1/2 hour.
Dunno how i didn't get drunk or feel the need to piss myself during the set - the power of music huh? :D

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:58 pm

Rearranged my room a bit, to make better use of the space, and to be able to get more light whenever i'm sitting on my desk. Whew... that was serious work. The downside of living in a place like NYC. You pay a lot for very little space. Serious PITA for us music gear owners to find a way to fit everything in comfortably.

The not-so-masculine neon green drapes give it a special touch

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:01 pm

nice polar ti......you do any crazy shit with it like shooting drums through the filter or you just play it like a normal synth?
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:07 pm

aqua_tek wrote:Rearranged my room a bit, to make better use of the space, and to be able to get more light whenever i'm sitting on my desk. Whew... that was serious work. The downside of living in a place like NYC. You pay a lot for very little space. Serious PITA for us music gear owners to find a way to fit everything in comfortably.

I have that same little metal laptop stand. I love it -it comes in handy for all kinds of uses.

m:o

Post by m:o » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:58 pm

hell yes !!

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:52 am

v00d00ppl wrote:nice polar ti......you do any crazy shit with it like shooting drums through the filter or you just play it like a normal synth?
Thanks! i like it :mrgreen:

I just use it like a normal synth, really. Don't use it to process any external audio. Not even the Atomizer feature. Didn't really impress me that much. For drums and stuff like that, Live's Autofilter and other built-in effects usually works well enough for me.
Rave wrote:
aqua_tek wrote:Rearranged my room a bit, to make better use of the space, and to be able to get more light whenever i'm sitting on my desk. Whew... that was serious work. The downside of living in a place like NYC. You pay a lot for very little space. Serious PITA for us music gear owners to find a way to fit everything in comfortably.

Are those quiklok stands for the monitors and Ikea stuff to prop up the rest?
Yes and yes.

the_woof

Post by the_woof » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:25 am

mazmith: I can get the top row of knobs, the aux send knob, all the faders, and the status buttons to map. It works pretty well but sometimes they lag or don't go all the way down to 0. I'm making a multitouch surface using a wiimote that should be done in june, so I've been holding off on new stuff.
djsynchro wrote:For a female vocal try companding a mid-side encoded signal with a ratio of around 18:2 at around 2.5k, possibly a lower ratio if the source is very sibilant.
my music