[dbu] Some Presets out of tune

PATS

[dbu] Some Presets out of tune

Post by PATS » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:44 am

Well not really a bug, but

for example the Operator Presets: Lead- Trance Seq Lead and Trance Lead are pitched to high
(I know that they need to be detuned fat, but still the middle point of tune perception should be the normal tuning - it should be bo problem to fix that with setting transpose to -1 and addapt the fine parameter of the oscillators)

Will go thru the library now :-)

PATS

Re: Some Presets out of tune

Post by PATS » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:25 am

Tension - Bass - Fretless Bass
Tension - Bass - Electric Bass
Tension - Bass - Double Bass
Tension Ethnic -harmonic metal

Sampler - diverse Pads and Leads etc.

Maybe I´m too old-fashioned thinking :-) leaving it up to you... (as I realize you all are extremely busy)

db

Re: [dbu] Some Presets out of tune

Post by db » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi, thanks for posting!

We looked at the Sampler presets - some of them really were too sharp, which we just fixed (mostly Pad and Lead, as you said).

For Tension, the problem is partly the instrument itself. When turning down Fret Stiffness and Finger Stiffness, the pitch goes flat as you go up in pitch.

I'm afraid there is not much we can do in the preset, but I have forwarded this to the Tension developer. Collision seems to have a similar behavior. Especially when using the Tube model, high registers may come out flat.

I'll try to make a new Beta Library with the fixed Sampler presets. Let me know if you come across more of those - I'm sure we didn't catch all problems yet.

Daniel