[amo] odd metronome clicks

vordo

[amo] odd metronome clicks

Post by vordo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:43 am

in b25, with the metronome on, you get a double strike on every other bar on the downbeat. wasn't there in prior betas (might have been there in b24...)

also the click is not holding time, it's drifting after the double strike...

Amaury

Re: [amo] odd metronome clicks

Post by Amaury » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:49 am

Hi,

Does this happen when you open Live with the default empty Live set, turn the metronome ON and start the song? Or are there other variables?

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

vordo

Post by vordo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:26 pm

I've been working with the same live set for the past week (warping a lot of tunes to prepare for a gig.) and so it's happening in my current work environment. it is a really big set at this point (over 6 megs..) could it be live struggling with such a big set? of course I'm only playing a single track with the metronome on and the cpu meter is under 25%.

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:29 pm

vordo wrote:I've been working with the same live set for the past week (warping a lot of tunes to prepare for a gig.) and so it's happening in my current work environment. it is a really big set at this point (over 6 megs..) could it be live struggling with such a big set? of course I'm only playing a single track with the metronome on and the cpu meter is under 25%.
Hi,

What if you play no clip? Does the metronome sound right? What warp mode are you using? Are the clips stretched a lot? Transposed?

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

vordo

Post by vordo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:48 am

works fine today... go figure. I run live with a different user but I often keep both users active. I rebooted this morning and my guess is that what fixed it. same with my other issues...

vordo

Post by vordo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:55 am

I spoke too soon. to answer your question. light warping, complex (or pro) no transposition, but other things happening in the background (like dl'ing b26)