[amo] Complex Pro + Transposition introduces pauses (b27)

thelizard

[amo] Complex Pro + Transposition introduces pauses (b27)

Post by thelizard » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:32 pm

I am timestretching and transposing a drum loop.

I have three warp markers set to fix minor transient timings. What happens is this: If I use Beats mode and change the transposition, the loop sounds fine. However, if I transpose in either direction with the Complex Pro method, it introduces a pause at the end of the clip that affects the entire set (Everything pauses for a few milliseconds with silence before the song continues).

Complex Pro is the only setting where this occurs.

zigzag

Re: Complex Pro + Transposition introduces pauses (b27)

Post by zigzag » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:12 pm

thelizard wrote:I am timestretching and transposing a drum loop.

I have three warp markers set to fix minor transient timings. What happens is this: If I use Beats mode and change the transposition, the loop sounds fine. However, if I transpose in either direction with the Complex Pro method, it introduces a pause at the end of the clip that affects the entire set (Everything pauses for a few milliseconds with silence before the song continues).

Complex Pro is the only setting where this occurs.
I had also the very same behavior with b22, but I thought it was something wrong with my system and forgot about it!

Amaury

Re: [amo] Complex Pro + Transposition introduces pauses (b27)

Post by Amaury » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:13 pm

Hello,

Complex Pro can be very CPU intensive with more extreme stretching/transposing, depending on your buffer size, your computer etc.. The problem is, the Live CPU meter doesn't reflect all peaks but an average, and what you experience with Complex Pro re CPU peaks.

You should either use larger buffer sizes, or another warp mode.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team