[amo] Racks Shift-Enter for newline broken

djsynchro

[amo] Racks Shift-Enter for newline broken

Post by djsynchro » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:07 pm

- When renaming a Macro knob's label shift-Enter to get to the second line of text is broken.
- When a VST is grouped and an automation parameter is assigned to a Macro knob, ticking/unticking "Show generic 0-127 value" doesn't do anything. The VST shell *does* show the automation values correctly (names, decibels, percentages etc).
Last edited by djsynchro on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amaury

Re: [amo] Racks 2 bugs

Post by Amaury » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:46 am

Hi,

Please, one bug at a time, otherwise, one may get forgotten into the discussion.
- When renaming a Macro knob's label shift-Enter to get to the second line of text is broken.
What do you mean? Even in my text editor, SHIFT ENTER doesn't select the next line.
- When a VST is grouped and an automation parameter is assigned to a Macro knob, ticking/unticking "Show generic 0-127 value" doesn't do anything. The VST shell *does* show the automation values correctly (names, decibels, percentages etc).
We do not publish VST parameter units, let me ask our plugin guys why is that.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:24 pm

Amaury wrote:We do not publish VST parameter units, let me ask our plugin guys why is that.
Probably because sometimes they are lists of names and there is no space for that under a Macro knob? For a Live device in the case of names it will revert back to displaying a number under the Macro knob I've noticed. I guess to be 100% consistent the "show generic 0..127 value" option should be greyed out if the mapped parameter is a VST.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:30 pm

Amaury wrote:Hi,
Please, one bug at a time, otherwise, one may get forgotten into the discussion.
Sorry you're right. :oops:
What do you mean? Even in my text editor, SHIFT ENTER doesn't select the next line.
In Live 7 to get to the second line of text of a Macro label you press shift+Enter I use it all the time (as opposed to Enter which makes the edit final) this doesn't work anymore.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:52 pm

b22 still not working.

Amaury

Re: [amo] Racks Shift-Enter for newline broken

Post by Amaury » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi,

This SHIFT enter was more of an accident than a feature, and is not a standard feature across the software or any text editor for the matter. That said, we do not even have a coherent behaviour there, and I'll check it with our developers.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

Amaury

Re: [amo] Racks Shift-Enter for newline broken

Post by Amaury » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi,

I moved the topic away as the feature you're after was a non-feature. We are sorry that it broke, but there was some refactoring of text input, which still needs some refinements, that broke it. And as it was an "accident" and is not standard across computer input methods, it would not see the light again, I'm afraid.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team