"Configure" mode not working. Add Plugin here! --SOLVED--

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
mr.adl

"Configure" mode not working. Add Plugin here! --SOLVED--

Post by mr.adl » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:33 pm

-SOLVED!!!- See here how to do http://www.ableton.com/pages/faq/vst_and_plugins (last entry)
All Plugin i listed below are now working. :D
EDIT: 22.04.09

With some plugin where you can´t do the "configure" trick to choose which parameter you like to automate.
Here are mine, please add yours, as i think this will help the Abes to get em to work properly with the next update:

Synthesizer:
-Battery 3 (Native Instruments)
-DX10 (Image Line)
-Drumatic 2.2 (http://www.e-phonic.com/plugins/drumatic3.php)
-String Synth (http://www.algomusic.net/freeware.html)
-Synth1 (http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/)
-Anvilia Free (official downloadlink from developer page: http://rapidshare.com/files/117081580/A ... e.zip.html)

Effects:
-dblue glitch (http://illformed.org/plugins/glitch/)
-Precision EQ (http://koblo.com/plugins/7)

I work on Windows XP with SP3.
Last edited by mr.adl on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

depaffect

Re: "Configure" mode not working. Add Plugin here!

Post by depaffect » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:23 am

SYNTHS:
ni fm7
synapse junglist
rgc z3ta+

EFFECTS:
antares tube
antares filter
ALL arcdev plugins
ALL bj plugins
bram madshifta
ALL kjaerus audio "classic" series plugins
ohmforce predatohm
steinberg quadrafuzz

interesting that on the affected plugins (if parameters are already visible; ie those with less than 128 parameters) the corresponding parameter values in ableton do not change when tweaked on the GUI of that plugin; although if tweaked on the corresponding ableton parameter slider they will change on the GUI

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:17 am

Hi,

for me it's all the plugins not already configure when i open it in LIVE, i can't add any parameters by moving mouse.
When it's less than 128 parameters, no problem, all the parameters show in Live GUI, and i can delete or add parameters.
Also have problem on some plugins (Crayon filter, Triple Cheeze .. maybe more .. ) that freeze Ableton's Live GUI when i grab a parameter with mouse on the plugin GUI and try to modulate it. Ableton Live's GUI freeze until i release the mouse on the parameter.

Work on Windows XP SP3 32 bits.

Regards

DJNEO

Post by DJNEO » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Synths:

-NI Reaktor 5
-Synth 1
-Lennar Digital Sylenth
-DiscoDSP Discovery V2
-Synapse Junglist
-Cakewalk Rapture
-GMedia Oddity

thelizard

Post by thelizard » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:38 am

Reaktor 5 and Battery 3 work fine. You have to set up which parameters can be automated first in the plug-in itself. In Battery, go to View>Automation Page. Drag values onto the knobs that you want automated, then configure them in Live. Read the manuals on the plugs for more instructions.

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:53 am

thelizard wrote:Reaktor 5 and Battery 3 work fine. You have to set up which parameters can be automated first in the plug-in itself. In Battery, go to View>Automation Page. Drag values onto the knobs that you want automated, then configure them in Live. Read the manuals on the plugs for more instructions.
This.

Your NI forum moderator,
ew

turok2step

Post by turok2step » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:01 am

ewistrand wrote:
thelizard wrote:Reaktor 5 and Battery 3 work fine. You have to set up which parameters can be automated first in the plug-in itself. In Battery, go to View>Automation Page. Drag values onto the knobs that you want automated, then configure them in Live. Read the manuals on the plugs for more instructions.
This.

Your NI forum moderator,
ew
reaktor 5 does not work. other NI's do. any special tips on for reaktor 5 in this regard?
:D

DJNEO

Post by DJNEO » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:42 am

Well, but in Live 7 all Reaktor 5 Parameters were already automateable and now it seems like a massive program-code change regarding VST Automation has changed everything.... I load a special ensemble in Reaktor 5 were all parameters are already set up in the plug-in itself and i can't automate them.....what am i doin wrong?

ok here's a link to an ensemble i use...
http://rapidshare.com/files/218419952/R ... 2.ens.html

are you able to automate the cutoff and tell me how you did it ?

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:10 am

Your IDs are completely out of range- that never should have worked to begin with. Your max ID is 100, and your max ID in use is 401. After I sorted and compressed IDs, everything's in range. Your max ID always has to be greater than or equal to the max ID in use. Sort and compress IDs is your friend; it's on the last page of the instrument properties.

Try this:

SuperSaw

ew

DJNEO

Post by DJNEO » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:36 am

ewistrand wrote:Your IDs are completely out of range- that never should have worked to begin with. Your max ID is 100, and your max ID in use is 401. After I sorted and compressed IDs, everything's in range. Your max ID always has to be greater than or equal to the max ID in use. Sort and compress IDs is your friend; it's on the last page of the instrument properties.

Try this:

SuperSaw

ew

works now after reaktor update ;)
But mostly all other Plugins don't work... hoping for the abes to fix this......

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:14 am

Guru doesn't work with configure.
But i heard Ableton and FXpansion are working to fix it.

antoine.bertier

Post by antoine.bertier » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:53 am

Configure does not work with any Algomusic, HGFortune, Ugo or xoxos plugins :cry:

Is it that it doesn't work with any Synthedit plugin ?

turok2step

Post by turok2step » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:19 pm

ewistrand wrote:Your IDs are completely out of range- that never should have worked to begin with. Your max ID is 100, and your max ID in use is 401. After I sorted and compressed IDs, everything's in range. Your max ID always has to be greater than or equal to the max ID in use. Sort and compress IDs is your friend; it's on the last page of the instrument properties.

Try this:

SuperSaw

ew
i try configuring with carbon 2 or other factory ensembles and nothing happens. i got one osc gain knob to work once, but then deleted it and tried it again and nothing happened. strange huh?
:D

djthopa

Post by djthopa » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:42 pm

Same here

I feel quite ripped off to be honest. Got a whole nw track on Ableton 8, and now that I got to sequence parameters, it wont. I dont need to say that thisa project wont open on Ableton 7.

Please this fix, you should had this sorted on the beta stage

Hellpppppppppp

Plugins so far not working: ohm foce, audio damage...

27Loco

Post by 27Loco » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Would be better to mention the Plug-Ins that are working :cry:

rgc:audio z3ta+
Texture 1.2
Phantom
BeatFluid
bdGlitch
Synth 1

are not working...and this are almost all I have 8O
My Gear
  • Software: Ableton Live 8, Drum Machines, Operator
  • Hardware: Access Virus B, Korg Electribe, Korg R3, M-Audio Oxygen 49, ESP Strat, Sansamp PSA-1