Live 8 Authorization - FAIL

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
acroberts

Live 8 Authorization - FAIL

Post by acroberts » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:08 am

I have been a fan since v5, but this authorization mess with v8 is HORRIBLE. :evil:

I purchased the v8 Suite Upgrade today, installed it on a single computer (my home MacBook) and received the "Unlock Limit Reached" with all my add-on products:

Am I reading things right that if I used the Live 8 Beta on a Windows laptop (from work) with two network cards - wireless and wired - that I could have reached my limit already? Ouch. And I have not yet installed v8 on that computer.

BTW, I submitted a request for help, but it's looking like I won't be able to get get until tomorrow some time.

To make things more complicated, my install crashed mid-way through the Latin Percussion pack, so God knows what I am missing. Despite attempted re-installs and deleting the original install and installing again, I cannot seem to go through the entire install process again.

If I've done anything wrong, please correct me, but I started the evening really excited and now I'm just a little testy.

Drew

lanquarem

Re: Live 8 Authorization - FAIL

Post by lanquarem » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:40 am

I have the same problem.
Sent a message two days ago to support@ableton.com

No answer yet.

I do not even want to understand why such a thing as "unlock limit" exists. I just want my Operator in Live8.

Good thing that I did not uninstall Live7...

Freekster

Post by Freekster » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:07 am

lanquarem wrote: Good thing that I did not uninstall Live7...
Same here.

It seems that this new authorization system is complete FAIL and will cause lot of problems to many people. There is no such thing as bulletproof copy-protection, so why make peoples life harder?
Studio: Macbook Pro, Live 8 Suite, Plugins, Apple Logic Pro, MicroKONTROL, Nocturn, Motu UltraLite, iPad B Truth monitors.
Stage: MBP, Live, MicroKONTROL, iPad, UltraLite.

New EP out as free download: http://music.bubblescum.com
Bubble Scum Homepage
Bubble Scum Facebook

acroberts

Post by acroberts » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:49 pm

Just got my additional unlock and it worked fine on my Mac. Will see what happens when I attempt install on PC :lol:

lanquarem

Post by lanquarem » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:11 pm

You lucky... I wrote to them 2 days ago and again this morning. No news for the moment.

acroberts

Post by acroberts » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:03 pm

Did you email general support or the unlock (unlocks@ableton.com) address? My response came from the unlocks address.

lanquarem

Post by lanquarem » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:10 pm

I first wrote to support the other day, then to unlock this morning with the same message... You give me hope :-)

lanquarem

Post by lanquarem » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Update : I received no mail from the Abes, but I tried to unlock again and now IT WORKS !

Let's make music...

<Update of the update : the mail, 15 minutes later. Everything OK. Destination Space>

dom

Post by dom » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:24 pm

I commented on this over in the general forum, same issue:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=112540

Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

Dr_Hdt

Post by Dr_Hdt » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:55 pm

My situation is even worse.... My daw OS ain't got any internet protocoll or anything else what is unnessary for music makin...
Now i thought now problem. After the installtion, the setup says I have to go to the authorize site and choose "different computer.."
Well, nothing apears...
Now, I found this
Please note that free 14-day licenses can only be authorized online, and Live will need to connect to the Ableton server each time you run it before you can save or export.
I could tell something what I think of this...but this not allowed before 8AM :evil:

Waste of time for me.....

On my laptop with internet, Live causes to freeze my laptop. Now wait for two or three days for an answer by the support.

I ain't got time for that kiddy programming