who do you report cracked software to for ableton?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ewistrand

Re: who do you report cracked software to for ableton?

Post by ewistrand » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:27 am

leedsquietman wrote:All this denial and these lame attempts to justify cracks/piracy - it is really laughable. Seriously, gave me the best laugh I had all weekend. Use Acid XMC or Reaper if you can't afford to buy the product. Seriously.
+1

ew

dazzer

Post by dazzer » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:29 am

Why on earth would/should somebody currently using a crack try to/be allowed to justify it on the company forum?

Do what you will, it's up to you, but on the company forum...? That's just weird to me. I know the Abes have their reasons but I just don't get it at all.

Dick Cheney

Post by Dick Cheney » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:32 am

bunch of hypocrites. the whole lot of ya

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:34 am

Dick Cheney wrote:bunch of hypocrites. the whole lot of ya
Say what? I've never had cracks on my machines, and all my music I either bought or was free to begin with.
Speak for yourself...

ew

Sphinx

Post by Sphinx » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:34 am

leedsquietman wrote:This forum is becoming like a old boys warez club - and the amount of denial/excuses just gets more and more amusing with every addition ....

I can't justify paying for my crack cocaine for a few minutes a day.
I can't justify paying for smack.
So I steal. But it's only a few muggings a week, and only to strangers, so it's OK.
I only watch a few hours of TV per week, so it's not worth buying my own satellite dish, so I just hack into the neighbours. It's OK, no one gets hurt.
I steal oranges because if I didn't they might not get sold, or someone might knock them over accidentally and then they go into a skip, so it's only POTENTIAL earnings, not REAL earnings to the greengrocer, therefore I can just take the odd one because it might have gone bad and had to be thrown out otherwise. BTW, it was juicy sweet and delicious, I must steal more of these in case more of them go bad in future .....
I siphoned gas off the neighbour, you never know, I might have saved his life, in the event of a crash, the more flammable liquid there is, the more chance of his car going up in flames - by siphoning off a few gallons today, I might have saved a life ....

Do you think Ableton should reward you with a free copy, given your noble action of assisting them to sell 3 copies ??

People running cracks deserve to be put in the stocks and have rotten vegetables and insults hurled at them. All this denial and these lame attempts to justify cracks/piracy - it is really laughable. Seriously, gave me the best laugh I had all weekend. Use Acid XMC or Reaper if you can't afford to buy the product. Seriously.
Best. Post. Eva'! :D

dredd i knight

Post by dredd i knight » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:36 am

leedsboy your analogies are still way off mark. if you want to discuss it, then address some of the points raised.
the OP was way off and he got dissed rightly so i reckon. you are an upright member of society, cool. i buy live by the way, and always have, although i used a crack of logic 5.5 back in the day. i would never have bought it, but if reaper had been available i'd have snapped it up.
you sound economically stable; bully for u. dont judge people, and their motives on weather they can afford to pay for something or not. do you think dizzy would have made the debut album he did without school equipment and cracks? can u not see how this feeds back into the cycle? judgement is for gods and assholes. thats all i'm saying.

Dick Cheney

Post by Dick Cheney » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:36 am

ewistrand wrote:
Dick Cheney wrote:bunch of hypocrites. the whole lot of ya
Say what? I've never had cracks on my machines, and all my music I either bought or was free to begin with.
Speak for yourself...

ew
ha!

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:55 am

people are starving and dying in the world and you guys are worried about some kids using cracks....go suck a big fat cock!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:02 am

The OP left himself open to criticism for sure.

I'm not that stable financially, nor am I particularly some upstanding citizen, but what I own, I paid for it.

People will do what they do and live with the consequences. I am safe in the knowledge that I didn't play with fire on the piracy issue, others sleep with one eye open.

I just find the guilt induced denial amusing. Obviously a few of you guys who are now 'ex' warez users, have been before the beak before with excuses like some of what I've read, it reminds me of school and being terrified of some super mean teacher and the sad excuses for not doing your homework ....

John - I thought you were more intelligent than that, maybe you can advise me on how to start sucking cocks as I wouldn't know the first thing about it, :oops:
Last edited by leedsquietman on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

Imaulle

Post by Imaulle » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:02 am

you're comparing mugging people to downloading 1's and 0's ?

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:04 am

john gordon wrote:people are starving and dying in the world and you guys are worried about some kids using cracks....go suck a big fat cock!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
so if we feed everyone in the world, THEN we can start sorting out kids using cracks?
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:06 am

Imaulle wrote:you're comparing mugging people to downloading 1's and 0's ?
someone worked and coded those ones and twos. Its theft. The only difference is the use of force.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:10 am

the russian and chinese gangs probably used force and cracked a few heads to get their virus ridden illegal warez out on the torrents.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:57 am

just joking.. i want nothing to do with this thread!!!! :wink:

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:20 am

You know what we should all do? Go out and rob some banks, I mean, shit, man, the U.S. Mint will just print more money, right?

And while we're at it, go steal a car, car companies just keep pumping those out, right?

Screw the people out there working hard on software who are doing it not only because they're good at it but because they want to provide a good life for their families, too, same as my parents and yours - really, they don't mean anything, and neither do their kids, the bastard whelps. What's one more homeless family on the streets, right? Really, I wish more people had held up my mother's place of work and set society right while depriving me of food and shelter because her boss couldn't afford to pay her, it's the least I, and all of us, deserve.

This is all a great idea - let me go grab my mossberg and hit the streets, I'm sure when the bank teller sees me, they'll feel the same way and won't mind. With any luck, I'll walk out into the street and steal your dad's car and wallet, and society and capitalism will be more balanced than ever and your dad won't mind, it won't hurt him at all, no way, he'll totally see the logic, I'm sure, and he won't even need explanation.