CLIPS STILL STICKING TO MOUSE CURSOR IN 8.0.3!!!!!!!!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
djholla

CLIPS STILL STICKING TO MOUSE CURSOR IN 8.0.3!!!!!!!!

Post by djholla » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:33 am

Often when working in Live 8.0.1 if I select a small group of clips spanning multiple tracks, the clips highlighted in yellow lock to the mouse cursor and are unable to be released - wherever the cursor is moved the attached clips move. The only way to gain mouse functionality back is to save the set and quit, however this results in a crash every time.

I forwarded the log to Ableton support but I'm curious if I'm missing something here. Is this maybe a copy shortcut that I just don't know about and takes a special button press to release? Or is this simply another bug along with the many others that plague Live 8.0.1?
Last edited by djholla on Thu May 21, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

cotdagoo

Re: Live 8.0.1 - New feature or bug?

Post by cotdagoo » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:40 am

i've had extreme delay issues when selecting multiple tracks & clips.. on a quad core 2.5ghz machine with 2gig of ram no less

select entire session and it takes at least 5-7 seconds for the yellow selection to even show up.

i haven't had your exact experience - but i wouldn't be surprised if the two are related.

djholla

Re: Live 8.0.1 - New feature or bug?

Post by djholla » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:50 am

I feel you there. I can't even do a 'select all' on my project with 70+ tracks on a Mac Pro 8 core with 16GB RAM. It hangs for about 2 minutes and if it the yellow does finally show up, the instant I attempt to drag it crashes. Granted that is a lot of tracks, it's not uncommon for my sets and Live 7 rocked it no problem. These are all duplicatable bugs too that happen every time in Live 8 - all of which 7 accomplished in a matter of seconds.

djholla

Re: Live 8.0.1 - Ghost clips sticking to mouse cursor???

Post by djholla » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:21 am

I have to know if anyone else is having this issue. I have finally managed to avoid the other crashes by starting fresh in a new set but constantly when I go to drag clips they stick to the mouse cursor and will not release. Like I said, the only way to gain mouse control back is to save the set and quit - which in turn causes Live to crash. This is getting horribly frustrating. Why is this happening??????

arachnaut

Post by arachnaut » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:40 am

djholla wrote:I have to know if anyone else is having this issue....
You didn't mention session or track view.

I tried both. Highlighting a few clips out of many and moving or cutting and pasting are virtually instantaneous and glitch-free.

Seems perfectly normal to me.

(Live 8 Suite WinXP SP3).

djholla

Post by djholla » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:46 am

arachnaut wrote:
djholla wrote:I have to know if anyone else is having this issue....
You didn't mention session or track view.

I tried both. Highlighting a few clips out of many and moving or cutting and pasting are virtually instantaneous and glitch-free.

Seems perfectly normal to me.

(Live 8 Suite WinXP SP3).
Yeah it doesn't happen every time. Prob about every 15 minutes or so. I'll drag clips without any issue but then I'll drag some that I've been working with no problem and they will stick to the mouse. It just happened again so while it's starting back up from the crash I'm posting here. It's super annoying and random.

Woodwater

Post by Woodwater » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:20 pm

I have the exact same problem.

Actually pretty happy to see I'm not alone.

djholla

Post by djholla » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:58 am

Woodwater wrote:I have the exact same problem.

Actually pretty happy to see I'm not alone.
Another guy started another thread about this same issue but he calls them phantom clips. Whatever they are it's super annoying. Hopefully Ableton can find out the root cause of this. Do you have the Mac or PC version of Live 8.0.1?

forge

Post by forge » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:05 am

I had this happen during the Beta but was unable to find the exact circumstances

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:57 am

I AM that other guy! They're a major pain whenever they happen :)

Imaulle

Post by Imaulle » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:55 am

what OS is everyone on? and is it just the highlighing stuff that is laggy or do you experince lag with the entire GUI under high load?

I would get lots of lag with Windows 7 until I changed it to run in XP or Vista compatability mode

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:14 am

It's got nothing to do with lag I don't think... I'm on Intel 2.4ghz and 10.5.6

Piccolo Tigre

Post by Piccolo Tigre » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:59 am

I do have the same issues, i tried only on session.

When i select a midi clip, from a drum machine or session drums, there's always a good lag, and it keep getting worse with each added midi tracks.
It does not happen with simple clips like operator for example, but drumsrack are a nightmare.

I have a pretty good xp SP3, with 4GB ram and less than one year old intel doublecore cpu.

What the hell?!?

K.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:46 am

Piccolo Tigre wrote:I do have the same issues, i tried only on session.

When i select a midi clip, from a drum machine or session drums, there's always a good lag, and it keep getting worse with each added midi tracks.
It does not happen with simple clips like operator for example, but drumsrack are a nightmare.

I have a pretty good xp SP3, with 4GB ram and less than one year old intel doublecore cpu.

What the hell?!?

K.
That's no fun, but it is a different issue from ours the way you describe it. Does the same thing as mentioned in the OP happen to you?

Guebu

Post by Guebu » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:19 pm

Found these issues here too.

I'm on MacOS 10.4.11 PPC G5 2x2 GHz