I'm thinking about selling my Lemur DJ setup!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MrTiddles

I'm thinking about selling my Lemur DJ setup!

Post by MrTiddles » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:05 pm

Any takers?! Probably looking at £2000/£2500 in it's custom case with keyboard stand. Here's an early demo of the now finished interface that now includes a Dummy Clip expansion. There's also an X-Session which is used for EQing, Volume and Tempo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWgojEMm7mk

While I get the hardware isn't worth the asking price, the sum of the parts were designed to out-perform Sasha's 'Maven' setup. Everything is contatined in the custom case, and has proven very reliable.

What do you guys think?

Stevie
'Fear makes the wolf look bigger'
http://www.myspace.com/StevieVega
4Tunes: Quad Intel 2.66, Live 8, Lots of VSTs
4Mixing: Macbook Pro, Live 8, APC40, iPad

aizo

Re: I'm thinking about selling my Lemur DJ setup!

Post by aizo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:20 pm

I give ya tree-fiddy
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:35 pm

I think anybody is going to have a hard time selling anything above $1,000 (US) in this economy, regardless of what it is.

MrTiddles

Post by MrTiddles » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:18 pm

beats me wrote:I think anybody is going to have a hard time selling anything above $1,000 (US) in this economy, regardless of what it is.
That's why I'm only thinking about it! I'm ok cash wise, It just doesn't get the use it deserves since I spend so much time writing these days.

hmmmm. I wonder if I could rent to out?

triss

Post by triss » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:21 pm

screw the difficulty selling the thing/renting it getting money from people etc.

give it me. problem solved.

MrTiddles

Post by MrTiddles » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:33 pm

triss wrote:screw the difficulty selling the thing/renting it getting money from people etc.

give it me. problem solved.
Genius! Where shall I post it too?!

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:34 pm

I'm in somewhat an opposite frame of mind as you, having a dry spell in the writing department and looking at my stack of controllers and what other controllers are on the market and seeing how they all fall short for my needs. I think I would be quite productive at making some lemur templates and with the right controls at my fingertips I would be more musically creative. Just can't afford one at the moment.

I think with lemurs, especially for the price, you have to buy with a purpose in mind and not just dazzled by the beauty. Not saying that's what you did, but that is what a lot of people do that end up selling it….that, or they are financially screwed at the moment. But from what I've seen now isn't the time to get a good price for premium gear.

TRS80

Post by TRS80 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:38 pm

Out of curiosity, if you're selling your current DJ setup do you plan on replacing it with something else?
Ableton Suite 8.2.2 suite; OS 10.6.7

otnooishphoo

Post by otnooishphoo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:04 pm

i'd be interested in your template that you are using in that video.
is there any chance you could upload it to jazzmutant, or email it or something
before selling your unit?

MrTiddles wrote:Any takers?! Probably looking at £2000/£2500 in it's custom case with keyboard stand. Here's an early demo of the now finished interface that now includes a Dummy Clip expansion. There's also an X-Session which is used for EQing, Volume and Tempo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWgojEMm7mk

While I get the hardware isn't worth the asking price, the sum of the parts were designed to out-perform Sasha's 'Maven' setup. Everything is contatined in the custom case, and has proven very reliable.

What do you guys think?

Stevie

MrTiddles

Post by MrTiddles » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:44 pm

TRS80 wrote:Out of curiosity, if you're selling your current DJ setup do you plan on replacing it with something else?
I'm fortunate enough to be pretty good with IT :lol: This rig is capable of remixing tunes on the fly. The next rig I'll be able to write on the fly, with M4L I believe that will be possible. So the next system (whether I sell this or not) would be:

Lemur (audio editing, sequencing and playing)
APC40 (FX and triggering)
RME audio interface (not sure which 1, but it would be used for vocal and guitar inputs as monitoring.)

All powered by either 13' Macbook or 20' iMac with a trolltouch touchscreen.

In terms of template itself, it isn't something I'd give away. Having said that, all the info I've learned I have posted here and on the jazzmutant forum.

@Beats Me.

I bought the Lemur cos it is such a lovely piece of hardware, it's beautiful to look at and to use. People start taking you VERY seriously if they see you using 1. It wasn't until v2 that it started to become a serious piece of hardware, and with M4L it's going to be almost essential to have.

Mehalic

Post by Mehalic » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:45 pm

I'd be interested in getting my hands on that template as well!!
MM
Symbolic Studio's
K-DUB

SoundCloud Account

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:58 pm

MrTiddles wrote:@Beats Me.

I bought the Lemur cos it is such a lovely piece of hardware, it's beautiful to look at and to use. People start taking you VERY seriously if they see you using 1. It wasn't until v2 that it started to become a serious piece of hardware, and with M4L it's going to be almost essential to have.
Cool, I think I've finally reached the point where I wouldn't consider it an impulse purchase as I have with so many other pieces of software/hardware I own. What I've seen of v2 has only increase that feeling. I just need my bank account to catch up with that. :D