how can i export the audio slices ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chicken

Re: how can i export the audio slices ?

Post by chicken » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:50 am

tone, thanx for these ideas. but i wouldn't like to go such a long and complicated way with tons of samples.
to do it the way i allways did it (with Vsampler) is 50times faster than that.
it would be nice and one step less work if live could do it the way i expected it,
but as it can't, i will go on the good ol' long way. ... because this is still much shorter than any workaround with live.

good night / morning

Gtrance

Post by Gtrance » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Tone Deft wrote:I could give a shit* I'm just trying to help you, why the hell would I want to change your mind?

good luck, I'm out. :P

*I never understood that expression, should it be "I couldn't give a shit" as in it's so insignificant I wouldn't invest feces into that?
Just wanted to chime in here,

Tonedeft, you are right, it is "couldn't give a shit or couldn't care less."

I read so many time son this forum and others, people saying "I could care less". THATS WRONG!!!

It is, and has always been "I couldn't care less"

I'm English and as far as I'm aware this is a phrase that has been in the english language for donkeys years.
Somewhere along the line, people from other countries started using it but in the wrong way. Saying "I could care less" doesn't even make sense, it implies you do care to some degree and therefore are able to care to a lesser degree. When what you are trying to say is that you don't care in any way, shape or form, hence, "I couldn't care less!"

rant over..

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:49 pm

v00d00ppl wrote:all i can say is there is NO rex export.......in order to make a rex file you will need recycle.

i've never understood why people bother with rex files as the props won't license out the format for other manufacturers to make rex slicers.

seems a waste of time to have such a closed system when there are so many better options out there.

chicken

english lessons

Post by chicken » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:51 pm

hm ... is this the double negativ of english man ?

another question to this :

when a german says "i can't do nothing"
this is a double negativ and means, at least, he can / want do something.

it's like minus (can't) and minus (nothing) = plus (urgently something)

when a english man says "i can't do nothing"
this means he can not do something.

so, minus and minus = minus

am i right ?

when a english man says "i can do nothing" ... what does it mean to an english man ?
(in germany it means : theres no chance to do anything, anymore)

chicken

Post by chicken » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:54 pm

there are so many better options out there
what options ?

... anyway, in live there's none of that options :-(

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:00 pm

Gtrance wrote:I'm English and as far as I'm aware this is a phrase that has been in the english language for donkeys years.
Have you ever tried putting a sentence like that into one of those online translation tools (say, english to french) and then sending the result to a frenchman?

We all use idioms and colloquialisms that just don't make sense when translated.

It doesn't help that the English language is a mix of so many words adopted from invaders/countries ruled by the British Empire.

Sometimes, it's just best to keep things simple.

Gtrance

Post by Gtrance » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:24 pm

Jarvisimon wrote:
Gtrance wrote:I'm English and as far as I'm aware this is a phrase that has been in the english language for donkeys years.
Have you ever tried putting a sentence like that into one of those online translation tools (say, english to french) and then sending the result to a frenchman?

We all use idioms and colloquialisms that just don't make sense when translated.

It doesn't help that the English language is a mix of so many words adopted from invaders/countries ruled by the British Empire.

Sometimes, it's just best to keep things simple.
I don't understand what this has to do with anything..

We are talking about a British phrase that was adopted by the Americans decades later (according to one of the links I posted), only they changed it in a way that makes no sense whatsoever and completely contradicts what they actually mean

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:37 pm

Gtrance wrote:I don't understand what this has to do with anything..

We are talking about a British phrase that was adopted by the Americans decades later (according to one of the links I posted), only they changed it in a way that makes no sense whatsoever and completely contradicts what they actually mean.
Well as this aside is very much off topic, i thought i'd try and say something about why understandings get changed.

I must be bored silly!

dcease

Post by dcease » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:47 pm

god some of you whine too much, they are just words. i'm sure you have never used slang before... :roll: and if you haven't, well, you are too tighty whitey for me. sure, basic knowledge (of literary comprehension) shows a level of intelligence, but people who are sooooo worried about showing their superior intellectual prowess, well i wonder how intelligent they might actually be.
whatever, i could give a fuck...

but i won't :lol:

to the op, use control/command E in arrange to 'slice up' your file, then consolidate each clip, then export?
Last edited by dcease on Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gtrance

Post by Gtrance » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:55 pm

dcease wrote:god some of you whine too much, they are just words. i'm sure you have never used slang before... :roll: and if you haven't, well, you are too tighty whitey for me. sure, basic knowledge (of literary comprehension) shows a level of intelligence, but people who are sooooo worried about showing their superior intellectual prowess, well i wonder how intelligent they might actually be.
whatever, i could give a fuck...

but i won't :lol:

to the op, use control/command E in arrange to 'slice up' your file, then consolidate, then export?
mate, I couldn't care less :lol: if people use slang, swear, poor grammar, whatever the fuck they like. This has nothing to do with intelligence or intellect. I'm sure some of the brainiest Americans may say "could care less" because that is what has been adopted over there. It is frustrating to read though when it obviously means the exact opposite.

Anyway, I've gotten way too deep into this, if nothing else Tonedeft may read the links I posted and find them interesting. Either way, I could care less :wink:

dcease

Post by dcease » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:59 pm

:lol: :wink:

chicken

Post by chicken » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:06 pm

to the op, use control/command E in arrange to 'slice up' your file, then consolidate each clip, then export?
??? export doen't make slices.
it rederes the complete output.

i'm i wrong ?
did you try it ?
did it work ?

... or just one more desirably idea ?

dcease

Post by dcease » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:28 pm

chicken wrote:
??? export doen't make slices.
it rederes the complete output.

i'm i wrong ?
did you try it ?
did it work ?

... or just one more desirably idea ?
no it won't make a complete 'sliced file', but you can take your whole file, cut it up, create a bunch of smaller files by consolidate export each smaller file individually, then load those into your sampler... not sure if that would work for you, hence the question mark. you can just export loop braces, you don't have to render the whole song/track... i dunno, just trying to give you another idea, and justify my joke :wink:

fuzzyhead

Post by fuzzyhead » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:30 pm

Windows or OSX?

When you import a file,wav or whatever and slice it,Live automatically recreate a Drum Rack containing each of the slices as an audio file.
When you double click one of these slices in Drum Rack, a Simpler (default) pops up and all the slices are mapped along the initial sample.
The region of the sample that is in focus is in yellow colour,right click on this region and select crop sample and manage sample(this helps to find where it is and to see what you're doing).
Repeat this with all the parts that interest you, than localise where the current temp project is in you drive, IE Windows:
C:/docuuments and settings/your name/application data/Ableton/Live recordings/Temp-(x) Project/Samples/processed/crop=>your cropped samples are there.
You can now easily re-use these samples,remap them,rename them..etc
Hope this helped..