OT: I've got a cough....Oink!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
scott nathaniel

Re: OT: I've got a cough....Oink!

Post by scott nathaniel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:34 am

ThrowAway wrote:From what I understand its a lot easier to get these things by getting it on your hand and then rubbing your eyes than getting it orally. If its airborne that really sucks. I wonder why its not in our news in the us? I would assume we have a lot more travel to and fro from mexico.
I've been hearing about it everday, but I also live a piss shot away from Imperial county where a few cases have been reported.

astromass

Post by astromass » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:32 am

maybe this is the end for all of us? soon we'll all be warping tracks in hell.... d'oh! =)
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:43 am

astromass wrote:maybe this is the end for all of us? soon we'll all be warping tracks in hell.... d'oh! =)
Actually it might be a foot in the door for the return of extreme rightwing paramilitary activity. Terrorism is on the decline, pirates are too sexy, but swine, easy to make the connection: those damn pinko piggies, they want to destroy America.

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:17 am

scott nathaniel wrote:those damn pinko piggies
Isn't that the description of an american rightwing NRA activist?
MBP OSX 10.6.8, Live 8.4, MFII, Evolver, Monomachine, Octatrack, APC40, Launchpad

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:26 am

LeifonMars wrote:
scott nathaniel wrote:those damn pinko piggies
Isn't that the description of an american rightwing NRA activist?
Or Mike Moore.
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

astromass

Post by astromass » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:13 pm

...a plane full of piggies and pork chops and delicious currywurst platters flying into the white house...gasp!
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:41 pm

gjm wrote:There were pictures all over the news tonight of the (your) army in the streets handing out surgical type masks for people to wear. California, Texas, New York, London England, all with confirmed (??) cases.
While we've been seeing that the NZ ministry of health has been handing out similar precautions, of course it is just to the sheep. :wink: :lol:
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

gjm

Post by gjm » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:46 pm

mikemc wrote:
gjm wrote:There were pictures all over the news tonight of the (your) army in the streets handing out surgical type masks for people to wear. California, Texas, New York, London England, all with confirmed (??) cases.
While we've been seeing that the NZ ministry of health has been handing out similar precautions, of course it is just to the sheep. :wink: :lol:
Well, we are doing it to prevent this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sheep_(2007_film) from becoming a reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChCEh4LbHKY
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:53 pm

Good to see Currywurst making it's way into this thread! :P
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

kramerica

Post by kramerica » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:54 pm

[quote="ThrowAway"]I wonder why its not in our news in the us?

Huh? That's all that's on the news. Even at the time you posted that. The US media never passes up an opportunity to exploit fear, panic, and tragedy. Makes for good ratings.
\,, / (^_^) \,,? /

musicmachine

Post by musicmachine » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:19 pm

gjm wrote:
mikemc wrote:
Well, we are doing it to prevent this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sheep_(2007_film) from becoming a reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChCEh4LbHKY
Flocking hell! 8O
Dell Inspiron 1525|Live 8.03|Akai MPC1000|Waldorf Blofeld||NI AK1|Event TR8s|

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:28 pm

kramerica wrote:
ThrowAway wrote:I wonder why its not in our news in the us?

Huh? That's all that's on the news. Even at the time you posted that. The US media never passes up an opportunity to exploit fear, panic, and tragedy. Makes for good ratings.

Actually, at the time of the posting only CNN had a blurb. Not even a headline. NYTimes, Tribune, NPR, Fox, etc etc etc had nothing. Not until the next morning, actually. But you're right. Once they finally saw it as a chance to drum up ratings, it's now been turned into the next Black Death.

Next Up: Douchebag Anderson Cooper striking rock star/action man poses in front of health clinics in Mexico. :P
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:07 am

At the time I posted my brothers nor my sisters who read the papers and watch the news everyday even knew what the hell swine flu was. Since then its been a non stop assault of fear mongering at every opportunity. I checked the cdc's website right after I posted and it stated there wasnt a case since the 70's or 80's in the us and it didnt seem like a big deal. Now they have changed their site completely.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:24 am

Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:57 am

OMG!!
If we do all die..
Im gonna die laughing after seeing that picture 8O
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud