Groove quantize bugs - Base and note length

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
medwaystudios

Groove quantize bugs - Base and note length

Post by medwaystudios » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:41 am

When applying the base parameter on a groove template the first time it is commited it is then locked into this value.
For instance if I select 1/16, commit and then select any other value 1/16 will still be the value for that groove.

When applying groove quantize the lengths of notes are changed. There is no way to control this as even if
the notes in the template are exactly the same as the ones in the clip being applied it still happens.

mr.adl

Re: Groove quantize bugs - Base and note length

Post by mr.adl » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:42 pm

bump

Just because the Abes didn´t respond to this so far and i think it´s quiet serious.

zeepster

Post by zeepster » Mon May 04, 2009 7:42 am

I've also seen length changes whe applying grooves, but i thought it was because the note probably moved to the right a bit making it seem like the note is longer.

ampman117

Post by ampman117 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:37 am

just confirmed it is still problem in 8.0.4 and 8.0.5b2 ... (particularly the commit issue - if you run in non-destructive mode the clip will play as what the current groove settings are...as soon as you hit commit, it will commit with the same base setting as the very first commit you did with that groove). Not sure I understand the length bug though.

I'm going to post this to the beta-bug sub forum since it looks like it was never posted there. I'll post the link back here for reference once i submit it and if anyone has stuff to add they can add it there...

ampman117

Post by ampman117 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:05 am

bug is submitted in beta bug forum: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=118628