OT: Trick Question which is worse Racism or Reverse Racism ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
starving student

Re: OT: Trick Question which is worse Racism or Reverse Racism ?

Post by starving student » Fri May 08, 2009 2:22 am

Android I also wanted to ask you cause you know about armenian history, do you know the history of the school that you were not allowed to go to?
do you know how long they've been around and what their practices have been since they started regarding non-white people, what is there record on descrimination like i said I don't know what school you're speaking of but maybe they don't have the kind of history that you'd want to be associated with. from what you said about being denied I would think that if they have a history of denying non-whites that you would be equally disenchanted with that and wouldn't want to go there in the first place or if you did not have any idea about their history maybe after learning a little more about it your feelings might change about the situation, for all you know they might be trying to level their own playing field, what school is it?

also are you white, cause you said armenian but spoke as if armenians are not minorities could you clarify
the reason i'm asking is because My grandparents were black and that makes me black too, but seems like something might be different for you?

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Fri May 08, 2009 2:25 am

starving student wrote:Android I also wanted to ask you cause you know about armenian history, do you know the history of the school that you were not allowed to go to?
do you know how long they've been around and what their practices have been since they started regarding non-white people, what is there record on descrimination like i said I don't know what school you're speaking of but maybe they don't have the kind of history that you'd want to be associated with. from what you said about being denied I would think that if they have a history of denying non-whites that you would be equally disenchanted with that and wouldn't want to go there in the first place or if you did not have any idea about their history maybe after learning a little more about it your feelings might change about the situation, for all you know they might be trying to level their own playing field, what school is it?

also are you white, cause you said armenian but spoke as if armenians are not minorities could you clarify
the reason i'm asking is because My grandparents were black and that makes me black too, but seems like something might be different for you?
Armenians count as white people on applications. We look white, just hairier.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri May 08, 2009 2:34 am

ah i see now what about your school btw thanks for the discussion man peeps get so touchy about talking and it's like if we can't talk wtf can we do?

dinaiz

Post by dinaiz » Fri May 08, 2009 2:44 am

Mmmh... you all should read "Guns, germs and steel". Not as the ultimate "truth" but as another way of thinking :-)

I think the initial question is a non-sense, as stated in the first reply of the topic : Racism and reverse racism are exactly the same thing.

Let's put what you say in CLEAR words :

What you call racism is : white discrimating non white, especialy black
What you call reverse-racism is : non white, especialy black, discriminating white

Am I right so far ?

Now looking at the definition "Racism is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race", according to wikipedia (you can find a better source if you want, I'm sure the definition won't be significately different), clearly shows that there's no such thing as reverse racism. If a black person looks down at you because you're white, that's racism. Period.

None is worse, both are wrong. It's not that racism is good or bad. It's just this tehory is just as wrong as the one which states that the earth is flat.

Simply speaking, the differences between the evolution of so called races are only due to environmental factors. That's been scientifically proven guys ! Now if you just have a bit of common sense, you have plenty of examples of black people achieving most difficult goals than most white people, and the current president of US is just one of them ...

The problem I have with the whole concept of "Reverse racism" is that it somewhat legitimates the "Normal" racism... I think...

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri May 08, 2009 6:12 am

ok kids the intermission is about to begin, the show will resume again
tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nx2alCY ... re=related

Chang

Post by Chang » Fri May 08, 2009 7:13 am

I'm not white or black so.

:lol:

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Fri May 08, 2009 7:37 am

There is but one Race, and thats the Human race, so say we all, SO SAY WE ALL!

thefinger

Post by thefinger » Fri May 08, 2009 7:41 am

racism will end the day aliens attack us.

Ballack13

Post by Ballack13 » Fri May 08, 2009 2:17 pm

As far as doing away with affirmative action, we are just not there yet. It needs to be looked at and adjusted all the time, but not abolished. The stats show minorities with the same exact qualifications earn far less, so racism is clearly alive and well. Reverse racism is terrible too, but not the main issue simply because Android's "they/them" don't run the world. Abolishing hate crimes is idiotic. Yes, harming someone is always bad, harming someone just because they're gay is worse. Welcome to the real world, minorities really are vulnerable.

dredd i knight

Post by dredd i knight » Fri May 08, 2009 3:35 pm

1. this thread is all from a very us ponit of view.
2. obama being president doesnt mean racism has eneded.; america was caught between a rock and another 4 years of republican lunacy.
i think saying slavery doesnt have a place is this conversation is completely wrong. this is because western society has been demonising africans for e hell of a long time; to the point where only 100 years ago, we were being portrayed as stupid, lazy, over sexed, violent, bestial, primitive beings (or is that mtv now?). there are books about the whitening up of eygpt, the eradication of the semetic and african influences that these people had on greek culture and society. this brainwashing of Europeon (white)people took hundreds of years. the spread of the study eugenics in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries helped justify those racist ideas as scientific fact. now we can all go around saying "i'm not racist blah blah", but having white skin gives one a whole heap of advantages in western society, and people will generally hire "their own" kind.
now if you think 50 or so years as being seen as a human dont leave scars on a people you're crazy. straight up living on a different planet to me.
now if we live in a male dominated society, we can all admit to being a little sexist, because its what we were brought up into. wouldnt that be the same for people living in a racist society? and with groups like the kkk, white power etc, surely we can agree that society is actually "a little racist?"

3. affirmative action is not reverse racism. affirmative action is there to oppose all the reasoning above that has seeped into american society, from the roots up. android i sympathise about the school thing, but to let something like that make you think AA is wrong is a completely selfish (understanble) reaction. does it not make you think about the tousands of balck (whatever else) people that get discriminated against every day in similar situations? cos it happens we're not just making shit up to piss all white people off... i see clour, but i dont let it affect my thinking about theat person.
affirmative action was instigated by white and black and hispanic (and more minorities) so to blame just the minorities for its failings seems trite, and blind. also comparing your amenian elders to slavery is inaccurate. they came to a place where only blacks and chinese were the lowest of the low (actually the chinese were the second lowest). black people helped build america, and yet their kids can never fully assimilate, because colour will always be seen 1st. europeans assimilate after 1 or 2 generations because the kids blend in; Caucasion is caucasion when you speak with an american accent.

reverse racism is bad, but has less power since it is not embedded in institutions, as "normal" racism is. i think its a misnomer, because it presupposes that to be racist one musy be white, but thats just stupid.

another thing. to me reverse racism actually means self hate, when you belittle yourself because you are in the minority, and feel it so strongly that you try to bleach your skin, or "act black", or refuse to speak hebrew etc....

anyway for the reverse racism in this thread i say, its usually a reaction to being abused racially by others. the old dont call me nigger whitey thing. but since i'm not in us i cant comment on that case.

book wise for my argumnets check the bluest eye, african athena, and any number of books on the eugenics that america pushed, that eventually gave birth to the nazi party. whole heaps of egyptolygists were racist germans helping justify hitlers flawed theories.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri May 08, 2009 3:42 pm

Just posting to give this thread more traction.

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Fri May 08, 2009 4:14 pm

Ballack13 wrote:As far as doing away with affirmative action, we are just not there yet. It needs to be looked at and adjusted all the time, but not abolished. The stats show minorities with the same exact qualifications earn far less, so racism is clearly alive and well. Reverse racism is terrible too, but not the main issue simply because Android's "they/them" don't run the world. Abolishing hate crimes is idiotic. Yes, harming someone is always bad, harming someone just because they're gay is worse. Welcome to the real world, minorities really are vulnerable.
1) its an "us vs. them" thing because thats how these institutions are set up. They are set up specifically to create a dichotomy of action based upon race separation. I cannot apply for a minority scholarship, because I am white (albeit a minority white person). My grandparents escaped genocide and grew up dirt poor in the slums of detroit, but because I'm white I cant qualify for minority benefits or protections. My mom has a situation at her office right now where she is trying to fire an incompetent black man, but doing so she has to factor in paying this guy a massive settlement because he is suing the company for laying him off because he's black. No, the company is laying him off because he is a failure at his job and multiple customers demanded that they fire him, but because he's black he can sue and it is already guaranteed he'll win. No white person can pull this off, even if they worked in an office run by a black person.

2) why is abolishing hate crimes stupid? Charge a crime for what it is, the crime itself. It isnt illegal to hate anybody so there is no legal justification to add a larger penalty on top of crime just because they happened to hate somebody in the process. Either that or make it a crime to hate people. Now which sounds stupid?

The point of all this is that if you want to combat racism, DONT DO IT BY ESTABLISHING INSTITUTIONS OR CULTURAL BIASES THAT DISCRIMINATE BY RACE. They are simply adding to the divide.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Fri May 08, 2009 4:26 pm

After carefully reading each post in this thread, I have concluded that I still hate Hip Hop. :mrgreen:

Tod
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

dredd i knight

Post by dredd i knight » Fri May 08, 2009 4:44 pm

ChiDJ wrote:After carefully reading each post in this thread, I have concluded that I still hate Hip Hop. :mrgreen:

Tod
and you call yourself a dj? *cough*bullshit*cough*

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Fri May 08, 2009 5:22 pm

scott nathaniel wrote: What's wrong with this is that racism and the deleterious effects are long lasting. The privileges aloted to families of fortune is far more outrageous to me than affirmative action. The disparity between jail term for blacks vs, white is far more outrageous to me than a few kids getting into some thirdrate Cal State program. I think that in little as 40 years ago blacks were segregated and not allowed in white schools merits them being allowed extra privileges for at least a century. My 2 bits
So what you are stating is an admitted "lesser of two evils" IYO, correct?

Why not shoot for something akin to a system that identifies all "evil" and does it's best to eliminate it?

That's called Objectivism and seems to be what Bishop Android is referring to.

Personally, I am sick of hearing about the blacks/whites in prison. I am sick of hearing about gangs, justified entitlement, and affirmative action.

Why do we need to glorify, or worse, non vilify evil doers no matter what color they are?

If a person is stupid or evil, it's because they are stupid and/or evil.

Forgive me, but you sound like you are championing the reverse racist to me. This logic just seems to speak of a turning of the coin, and not an elimination of the human characteristic that is racism. What's being put forth here seems like nothing more than a pseudo social environmentalist's excuses.

I would be willing to bet serious coin that I could name you 1 healthy minded and extremely powerful contributor to the human race who is black, and who comes from the exact same impoverished neighborhood, that every 5 poor unfortunate black criminals you can name do.

I bet we can do the exact same thing with whites and those of Latin races as well. So what?

It's called human nature. It's HARDER to be good than bad. That's a fact. It takes hard work, determination and unbending devotion to what EACH of us knows is right to begin with. There is nothing easy about it. Kind of the same reason water doesn't roll up hill eh?

Don't hand me that I'm Black and deserve whatever shit. That type of thinking is for those who gave up a long time ago. Not for me, or for people like my president Barack Obama.