I'm no Trekie, but I am kinda excited to see the new movie

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Geezus

Re: I'm no Trekie, but I am kinda excited to see the new movie

Post by Geezus » Tue May 12, 2009 12:00 am

funky shit wrote:Anybody else say to themselves.. "wat 8O " when the lights turned on and kick was about to nail that green space ass.

Yeah. Doesn't that count as bestiality?

However, I do appreciate how the future tends to breed lots of fine space ass and the Federation sees it befitting to make the women's uniforms miniskirts.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue May 12, 2009 12:19 am

funky shit wrote:Anybody else say to themselves.. "wat 8O " when the lights turned on and kick was about to nail that green space ass.
Kirk doesn't discriminate when it's time for him to penetrates.

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Tue May 12, 2009 5:54 am

So I went to see this tonight...it was killer.

I also finally put my foot down about some shit that drives me nuts; I hate to be the the guy to be "that guy" but it was necessary.

Let me just put this into context:

In the last couple of years, I have been going out to the movies more and more, and as a film student and average citizen, I can't help but respect other peoples right to have a good time when they go out, and I would like to think that other people, in general, feel the same way, even if I'm wrong about that.

Anyway, I go to see Resident Evil a few years ago and I had the unfortunate luck of being in a theater with a person who is apparently in dire enough health to need a respirator. I know someone personally in a situation like that, and know how hard it is for them to go out. I left the theater early and they gave me a refund, but seriously, it was like sitting in a theater with Darth Vader.

A couple of years later I went to go see Snyder's Dawn of the Dead in the theaters, and for some reason, someone thought it was a wise idea to bring their baby. The baby screamed through the first ten minutes, even when there wasn't any scary shit happening, and eventually, someone spoke up in the theater and said "Hey, your baby doesn't like the movie!", after which, the people with the baby promptly left.

So tonight, I'm sitting in the back row of the local Imax with my girl and her mom, and a woman with her parents and her 18 month old baby are sitting down the row from us. The baby is crying and yelling the entire first 15 minutes of the show, and everyone around us is constantly looking back at this woman, who apparently doesn't give a damn. She is also walking the baby up and down behind the back row, I have no idea why. After these 15 minutes of nonsense, I did the only thing I felt was right - I went to the management. They came up in the theater, asked the woman to leave and offered her a refund. She bitched about it at full volume, and then split. It sucked, but $45 to take the fam to the movies only to listen to a baby that obviously does not want to be there is lame.

So yeah, I was that guy, and it sucked, but the people clapped when she left, so I have mixed feelings about it. I didn't want it to be embarrassing for anyone, but some parents obviously have no common sense (duh). Although, I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie after the woman left.

/rant.

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Tue May 12, 2009 5:57 am

Also:
Geezus wrote: However, I do appreciate how the future tends to breed lots of fine space ass and the Federation sees it befitting to make the women's uniforms miniskirts.

^ this, backed.

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Tue May 12, 2009 6:01 am

why do you hate to be that guy? People who get rid of babies in movie theaters are heroes. Whoever brings a baby to a movie is the fucking enemy.

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Tue May 12, 2009 6:04 am

I don't like to embarrass anyone publicly, but I agree that people who bring babies to action/horror movies are fucking retarded, and rude. Meh, I guess she was pretty much embarrassing herself, now that I think about it.

Thank you, Bishop - logic saves the day once again!

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Tue May 12, 2009 6:14 am

He may be synthetic... but he's not stupid.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon May 18, 2009 2:21 am

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon May 18, 2009 2:26 am

:lol: :lol: that's an awesome chart!!

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Mon May 18, 2009 2:31 am

I disagree. "generations" was awesome and anyone who disagrees is a filthy child molester

ekwipt

Post by ekwipt » Mon May 18, 2009 6:55 am

I've heard that Shatner asked to be in the movie after hearing Nimoy was involved, appartently all he got was a err, no thanks!