Make artillery do some lucifer type stuff?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jekblad

Make artillery do some lucifer type stuff?

Post by Jekblad » Thu May 14, 2009 5:44 am

lucifer is discontinued and i don't have it. sad face.

i heard it in an apc 40 vid and it sounded wicked.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj3kF6dt4uo

I do have artillery CM which is cool. Mainly looking for live on the fly beat mangle scratch craziness.

I have some stuff programmed in for artillery that is nice and functional but not "wicked" sounding like the vid. granted, the CM version doesn't have "scratch" or "reverse" or some of the other effects but it was free and cool.

anyway, always looking for stuff to drool over and finally get and use it once and then forget about it. (livecut, supatrigga, wife.... ZING!!! :twisted: totally kidding :lol: )

or am i :?: :!: :?: :!: :mrgreen: :wink:

k. night
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

Android Bishop

Re: Make artillery do some lucifer type stuff?

Post by Android Bishop » Thu May 14, 2009 6:37 am

holy shit that video is pretty kewl. I need to figure out how to rock fx like that too, I tried Lucifer once and couldn't figure it out.

Patch

Post by Patch » Fri May 15, 2009 6:06 am

Lucifer is the most awesome VST on the planet. It is available - just not available to BUY... I've been checking KVR since the developer withdrew Lucifer promising a replacement. Nothing yet...

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Fri May 15, 2009 6:26 am

I see. Let's say I know a guy who magicly got a hold of lucifer.... Problem is this guy is really dumb and can't quite figure it out. Granted he hasn't gotten through the whole manual yet, but he just wants to glitch some mad beats and look cool for his lady.

Would u have any tuts for a guy like this? I tried to find some vids to show him but found none that are nuts n bolts stuff. .

It's getting midi no prob, the black keys make noise, but white keys don't and I can't quite find the rhyme or reason. I mean HE can't find it. What a noob.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Fri May 15, 2009 6:35 am

Jekblad wrote:I see. Let's say I know a guy who magicly got a hold of lucifer.... Problem is this guy is really dumb and can't quite figure it out. Granted he hasn't gotten through the whole manual yet, but he just wants to glitch some mad beats and look cool for his lady.

Would u have any tuts for a guy like this? I tried to find some vids to show him but found none that are nuts n bolts stuff. .

It's getting midi no prob, the black keys make noise, but white keys don't and I can't quite find the rhyme or reason. I mean HE can't find it. What a noob.

I'm in the same boat. every time I come back to this, I KNOW its probably one of the best fx vsts I possess but I can't figure out for the life of me how to use it properly.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri May 15, 2009 6:37 am

theres nothing wrong with downloading a torrent of a program that is completely discontinued and unsupported if you ask me.

if he starts selling it and supporting it again I'd be happy to pay for it to be honest.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri May 15, 2009 6:48 am

for what it's worth, artillery 2 is a badass motherf*cker.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

JAMM

Post by JAMM » Fri May 15, 2009 12:55 pm

check out effectrix.

Or....u can make some ableton dummy clips.
trigger them...same results.

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Fri May 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Steve (the Lucifer dev) recently let users on his forum know that he will sell Lucifer directly to someone if they want it. I can get you his email addy this eve if anyone's interested.
Image Image

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Fri May 15, 2009 2:43 pm

steve duda?

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Fri May 15, 2009 2:49 pm

funky shit wrote:steve duda?
Yup.
Image Image

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Fri May 15, 2009 2:58 pm

JAMM wrote:check out effectrix.

clearly you have no idea what lucifer can do or you wouldn't have made this lame suggestion

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri May 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Android Bishop wrote:
JAMM wrote:check out effectrix.

clearly you have no idea what lucifer can do or you wouldn't have made this lame suggestion
What's lame about effectrix? It's sweet and very low cpu, so you can use lots of them. May not be the same thing, but a similar glitch style effect. It also has some benefits over lucifer. Being able to map the 12 patterns to either keys by midi input or to a single knob is pretty sweet for example.
Professional Shark Jumper.

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Fri May 15, 2009 4:57 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
What's lame about effectrix? It's sweet and very low cpu, so you can use lots of them. May not be the same thing, but a similar glitch style effect. It also has some benefits over lucifer. Being able to map the 12 patterns to either keys by midi input or to a single knob is pretty sweet for example.

not saying EFFECTRIX is lame, just asserting that suggesting it as a replacement for lucifer is lame.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri May 15, 2009 5:02 pm

Android Bishop wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:

not saying EFFECTRIX is lame, just asserting that suggesting it as a replacement for lucifer is lame.
Well I still have to disagree. A suggestion for a glitch style plug-in, made by the same people who make Artillery, and which is currently available, to replace another glitch style plug-in which is not currently available? Seems like a reasonable suggestion even if they are somewhat different in concept. In fact I don't know of many more similar effects plug-ins despite their differences (maybe the plug-in "glitch" or that sequenced pluggo glitch plug-in), in that they are pattern based and customizable in their glitchiness and timing (as opposed to algorithmic or random like suppatrigger etc.).
Professional Shark Jumper.