OT How many of you believe in aliens?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

How many of you believe in aliens?

Yes
42%
No
9%
Maybe some wheres far away
49%

Total votes: 96

abort

OT How many of you believe in aliens?

Post by abort » Sat May 16, 2009 2:27 pm

I've joined DiscloseTV have talked with people on forums, have met and have good friends that believe in UFO's who's claimed they have seen stuff.

I watch Discovery Tv a lot and have watched shows about discovering planets that meet basic guidelines to sustain life only to find that scientists are having a difficult time finding plants similar to earth. All the people looking through hi tech telescopes only to rely back nothing about a UFO or possible alien station discovers.

I'm beginning to rethink my beliefs of alien life.

LoopStationZebra

Re: OT How many of you believe in aliens?

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat May 16, 2009 2:37 pm

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Sat May 16, 2009 2:45 pm

The size of the universe!
there is bound to be!

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sat May 16, 2009 3:50 pm

The odds are there is other life in our universe. The statistical breakdown is overwhelming.

mr.adl

Post by mr.adl » Sat May 16, 2009 3:56 pm

Well, we have been prepared long time ago...

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Sat May 16, 2009 4:16 pm

I can tell you with certainty that there are aliens among us

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

abort

Post by abort » Sat May 16, 2009 5:35 pm

Rave wrote:I believe in UFO (the band)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp9SYNNeAmo
Yeah you of all people would post such redirection. Your an alien arnt you! :oops:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat May 16, 2009 6:13 pm

ThrowAway wrote:The odds are there is other life in our universe. The statistical breakdown is overwhelming.
sure, but people always jump to some humanoid lifeform which is a totally childish conclusion. the first lifeforms we'll find will be some completely unextrordinary spore or mold or fungus, not some big eyed creature ready to be mass produced as a line of action figures.

IMO it makes more sense that it's the government fucking with the gullible, nosy, paranoid segment of society. keep them distracted with blinking lights so they don't go snooping around other places.

the TV stuff is bullshit, just like the shows about hauntings. they're ghost stories, fictional and meant to be entertaining. people will believe anything that comes out of their TV.

all cynicism aside, sci fi writers have been great inspiration to scientific inventions.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

aisling

Post by aisling » Sat May 16, 2009 6:29 pm

I think there are aliens amongst us already.......I see on a daily basis a lower form of "humanoid", looks like a lizard walking on 2 legs, but disguised as a human..... This humanoid has poor slouchy posture, slothy self consuming habits, lacks honor, honesty and integrity, and has no respect for his environment.... 8) :lol:
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

abort

Post by abort » Sat May 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
ThrowAway wrote:The odds are there is other life in our universe. The statistical breakdown is overwhelming.
sure, but people always jump to some humanoid lifeform which is a totally childish conclusion. the first lifeforms we'll find will be some completely unextrordinary spore or mold or fungus, not some big eyed creature ready to be mass produced as a line of action figures.

IMO it makes more sense that it's the government fucking with the gullible, nosy, paranoid segment of society. keep them distracted with blinking lights so they don't go snooping around other places.

all cynicism aside, sci fi writers have been great inspiration to scientific inventions.
Well yeah and to market those great sci fi stuff.

Its frustrating to see so many people stuck on the whole alien conspiracy crap .is not knowing enough to believe?
anything is possible sure, but people say they have seen these aliens, watched UFO in the sky.

I've looked up many a nights to see only stars.

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Sat May 16, 2009 7:07 pm

I believe that the size of universe makes it pretty much certain there is other life out there.

However, what I doubt is the idea that they come and visit us in spaceships or whatever. I think if a civilization gets to a point technologically that enables them to travel at such immense distances, they would have probably already undergone a technological singularity (re-engineering their biology combined with synthetic AI to create something superior to themselves, which in turn creates something even better, and so forth in a cascade that leads to an unprecedented explosion of evolutionary change in a rapid period of time) which would probably put their technology and culture at a point where the idea of zipping around the universe and abducting creatures from other planets would seem unimaginably juvenile, primitive, and unnecessary.
Last edited by Android Bishop on Sat May 16, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sat May 16, 2009 7:08 pm

From my horrible memory, Earth is toward the center of the universe(broadly speaking). The middle and "outer" edges( Might not be the outer edges at all just what we can "see") are far older than our section. The big bang was not instantaneous as people think. The outer edges of the universe could be millions of years older than we are. The number of earth like planets capable of sustaining life in the universe are estimated in the billions. I think its fair to say that its highly possible theres intelligent life out there. Especially if your an atheist. But yeah I think the chances are nil we as a species will be meeting them any time soon.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sat May 16, 2009 7:10 pm

Is that the plot for the next terminator movie?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat May 16, 2009 7:11 pm

Android Bishop wrote:re-engineering their biology combined with synthetic AI to create something superior to themselves, which in turn creates something even better, and so forth in a cascade that leads to an unprecedented explosion of evolutionary change in a rapid period of time) which would probably put their technology and culture at a point where zipping around the universe and abducting creatures from other planets would seem unimaginably juvenile, primitive, and unnecessary.
nah, take our civilization. we're fixated on penis pills and symptom relief instead of cures.

more likely it would be an advanced civilization where the males had 12,000 penises and the females had size 40,000 ZZZZ breasts. where's Douglas Adams when you need him? he's with the mice now...
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz