OT How many of you believe in aliens?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

How many of you believe in aliens?

Yes
42%
No
9%
Maybe some wheres far away
49%

Total votes: 96

adventurepants_

Re: OT How many of you believe in aliens?

Post by adventurepants_ » Mon May 18, 2009 6:05 am

adhmzaiusz wrote:
Also, I'd like to add one other point of interest: Alot of ufos captured on film were not visible to the naked eye, but later discovered using capturing devices that allow ultra-violet and infrared light in. Now, the interesting point is on a consumer level...all digital cameras and cam-corders have a built in UV/IR blocker, where it is not easily removed with great risk of breaking the device. Canon released a model of camera called the 20Da which was intended to be used as a camera for astronomy as they removed the UV and IR filter to allow more detail from far away galaxies etc. There was a small run of these cameras and they are now discontinued and hard to find. I wonder why. I would like to take some pictures of the sky, wouldnt alot of other people? If I didn't want UV or IR light, I could just attach a filter at the end of my lens....
thats just tin foil hat stuff.

Astronomers use IR and UV cameras and sensors all the time, and they are freely available.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Mon May 18, 2009 6:31 am

I would like to add one more thing.

When we as adults see a child trying to hide his actions of wrongdoing and we can see through these actions, is the child trying to get away with its wrongdoings because it only perceives at an immature level? It only understands and has a perspective equated to every experience up to the present time of its life. The child will not anticipate the adult being able to 'solve' the child's iniquities, because the child can't comprehend the wisdom and logic of an adult. The logical adult can discern easily the bad deeds of a child.

Why I say this, is because our civilization is young. We see the universe through a small window, and we have not completely applied and developed logic properly. We only compare our perspective of reality to everything that we have come to understand, that all life, if it does exist outside Earth must follow the same protocol that we have grown and come to know, and apply through science and observation. I will tell you now, that before our sun many stars have lived a complete cycle of life and died... all throughout the Universe. Given the frame of time it could take a civilization to climax, many may have come and gone. We are at no important 'time', 200 billion years from now the Earth and Sol could have fit into a singularity while the rest of the universe carries on. If previously civilizations in the outer reaches have lived, and their world lost to time, they would indeed have nurtured abilities to detect hospitable places to go, to adapt to, and the process would take a very long time on a biological level. Inside an almost sparse yet not so barren universe, lies a sonic oasis of bountiful resource, a perfect candidate, teaming with life and the building blocks of life. This place is the home to an unsuspecting race of intelligent life, yet not so aware of the greater reality. It is at the most random place in a random galaxy, at a distant apogee within the Orion spiral arm.

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Mon May 18, 2009 6:34 am

adventurepants_ wrote:
adhmzaiusz wrote: thats just tin foil hat stuff.

Astronomers use IR and UV cameras and sensors all the time, and they are freely available.
Yea perhaps it is tin foil hat stuff. Astronomers use IR and UV cameras yes because its required for their tasks. But I'm willing to bet some of those astronomers and radar operators and astronauts have some interesting stories to tell.

By the way, Digital cameras without UV & IR blocking arent freely available. Although all film cameras shouldnt have any blocking mechanism.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon May 18, 2009 7:32 am

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Mon May 18, 2009 7:50 am

adventurepants_ wrote: the main problem with alien contact is the size and expansion of the universe. The universe is so vast, and the conditions for life so unlikely that the chances of any two civilisations growing up near each other, and in the same basic time frame, is almost impossible. I believe that there are other civilisations, (or have been/will be), but they are probably hundreds of millions/billions of light years away. This is the Fermi Paradox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

think of this: by the time that our radio/tv transmissions get to a civilisation billions of light years away, we would have been dead for billions of years. Not only that, due to the expansion of space itself, the Earth itself (and the Milky Way) will be millions of light years away from where we were when we transmitted them.
Fascinating...Image

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Mon May 18, 2009 9:30 am

adhmzaiusz wrote:
Yea perhaps it is tin foil hat stuff. Astronomers use IR and UV cameras yes because its required for their tasks. But I'm willing to bet some of those astronomers and radar operators and astronauts have some interesting stories to tell.

By the way, Digital cameras without UV & IR blocking arent freely available. Although all film cameras shouldnt have any blocking mechanism.
no, but equipment that can see in those spectra isnt restricted. Consumer camera manufacturers most probably have some commercial reason to put those filters on.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

Grifter

Post by Grifter » Mon May 18, 2009 6:07 pm

Black Triangles are OURS, the others are THEIRS.

and we are no where near their tech yet.. but our tech is way beyond what we are led to believe ;)

Search .mill sites if YOU ARE GAME and make up your OWN mind. Many tossers aint :D

DiscloseTV is psyops didnt ya know ;)

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Mon May 18, 2009 6:14 pm

Computer, translate incoherent gibberish into coherent english
spreader of butter

sunaivod

Post by sunaivod » Mon May 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Offcourse there are "aliens" out there, I think there are billions and billions of planets out there,..
And I think there's big chance we're primitive compared to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGxRWCmwSDE

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon May 18, 2009 6:27 pm

adventurepants_ wrote:
adhmzaiusz wrote:

no, but equipment that can see in those spectra isnt restricted. Consumer camera manufacturers most probably have some commercial reason to put those filters on.
he's lying. a common way for celebrities to block out paparazzi's pictures is to put UV LEDs on their sunglasses. we can't see the UV sunglasses but it totally wrecks the picture.

http://technorati.com/posts/bMMwYTtLCqL ... nDWzQxM%3D
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Grifter

Post by Grifter » Mon May 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Here lets look at this from AFRL, I will even be so kind to highlight SOME of the good bits ;)

Code: Select all

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123035000
AFRL Proves Feasibility of Plasma Actuators

by Plans and Programs Directorate
AFRL/XP

6/6/2006 - WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio -- AFRL is laying the groundwork to develop revolutionary hypersonic aerospace vehicles. Researchers are examining the feasibility of replacing traditional mechanical actuators, which move like wing flaps to control an air vehicle's flight control surfaces, with plasma actuators that require no moving parts and are more reliable.
As part of its Boundary Layers and Hypersonics program, AFRL conducted a wind tunnel test to evaluate the feasibility of using plasma actuators for airframe flight control. The Boundary Layers and Hypersonics program is developing the knowledge of fluid physics to facilitate future revolutionary aerospace vehicle designs. The program focuses on characterizing, predicting, and controlling high-speed fluid dynamics phenomena, including boundary layer transition; shock/boundary layer and shock/shock interactions; and other airframe propulsion integration phenomena, such as real-gas effects, plasma aerodynamics, magnetohydrodynamics, and high-speed flow heat transfer.
In AFRL's Mach 5 Plasma Channel wind tunnel, engineers used a strong electric field to ionize air around an air vehicle model to create plasma. This wind tunnel relies upon a vacuum system to generate low-density airflows. High electrical voltage applied between metal electrodes on a model in the plasma channel ionizes the air between the electrodes and creates plasma, a state of matter in which electrons are stripped from molecules. Man-made plasma usually exists at the extreme temperatures and pressures common to the conditions within a star or around an in-flight hypersonic vehicle, but man-made plasma is also present in items such as fluorescent lightbulbs and computer screen plasma displays. In AFRL's tests, the plasma-heated air successfully exerted force on the model and demonstrated that the plasma actuator concept is a viable area for further study and development.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon May 18, 2009 6:36 pm

Grifter wrote:Here lets look at this from AFRL, I will even be so kind to highlight SOME of the good bits ;)

AFRL/XP

6/6/2006 - WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio -- AFRL is laying the groundwork to develop revolutionary hypersonic aerospace vehicles. Researchers are examining the feasibility of replacing traditional mechanical actuators, which move like wing flaps to control an air vehicle's flight control surfaces, with plasma actuators that require no moving parts and are more reliable.
As part of its Boundary Layers and Hypersonics program, AFRL conducted a wind tunnel test to evaluate the feasibility of using plasma actuators for airframe flight control. The Boundary Layers and Hypersonics program is developing the knowledge of fluid physics to facilitate future revolutionary aerospace vehicle designs. The program focuses on characterizing, predicting, and controlling high-speed fluid dynamics phenomena, including boundary layer transition; shock/boundary layer and shock/shock interactions; and other airframe propulsion integration phenomena, such as real-gas effects, plasma aerodynamics, magnetohydrodynamics, and high-speed flow heat transfer.
In AFRL's Mach 5 Plasma Channel wind tunnel, engineers used a strong electric field to ionize air around an air vehicle model to create plasma. This wind tunnel relies upon a vacuum system to generate low-density airflows. High electrical voltage applied between metal electrodes on a model in the plasma channel ionizes the air between the electrodes and creates plasma, a state of matter in which electrons are stripped from molecules. Man-made plasma usually exists at the extreme temperatures and pressures common to the conditions within a star or around an in-flight hypersonic vehicle, but man-made plasma is also present in items such as fluorescent lightbulbs and computer screen plasma displays. In AFRL's tests, the plasma-heated air successfully exerted force on the model and demonstrated that the plasma actuator concept is a viable area for further study and development.
there's nothing revolutionary about that. ooooh hypersonic vehicles!! do you know what that means? plasma!!! :roll: nothing new there either.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Grifter

Post by Grifter » Mon May 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
Grifter wrote:Here lets look at this from AFRL, I will even be so kind to highlight SOME of the good bits ;)

AFRL/XP

there's nothing revolutionary about that. ooooh hypersonic vehicles!! do you know what that means? plasma!!! :roll: nothing new there either.
Nothing at all ???

READ

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon May 18, 2009 6:50 pm

define "hypersonic aerospace vehicles."

the application of plasma to actuators might be new but there's nothing amazing about any of that.

plasma can be found in kids toys.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Grifter

Post by Grifter » Mon May 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Tone Deft wrote:define "hypersonic aerospace vehicles."

the application of plasma to actuators might be new but there's nothing amazing about any of that.

plasma can be found in kids toys.

;)

NO probs

Look at it from a Civilian way, if a product aint developed yet WHY would anyone share their secrets?