Ni Maschine to programm midi in step mode in live ???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
franksterling

Ni Maschine to programm midi in step mode in live ???

Post by franksterling » Wed May 20, 2009 11:53 am

hi!
could anyone tell me if it is possible to use native instruments maschine not just to launch clips in live but also to programm clips using the step sequencer mode?
so basically a good communication between live and maschine must be there as maschine can give visual feedback about parameters tweaked in its displays as well as represent the different clips using blinking pads.
so what i would like to know is if it was therotecially possible to lets say choose a midi clip in live (lets say it is a 1 bar clip to keep things easy) and then having the running lights displayed in maschine while the clip is looping thet is is possible to enter notes using the pads in the step sequencer in maschine but actually adding midi events in the looping clip in live)?

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Re: Ni Maschine to programm midi in step mode in live ???

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Wed May 20, 2009 1:12 pm

Nope.

Coming versions of Maschine will have midi out, though. So you can use Machine's sequencer to control, not only its own sounds, but also Live devices and VST instruments.

.m

franksterling

Post by franksterling » Wed May 20, 2009 1:44 pm

i know about the update. so i could probably create and edit the patterns in maschines sequencer and then record them into live to get midi clips.a bit uncomfortable.
it would be much better if there was the possibillity to edit them using the maschine hardware while actually creating them in live (hope it is understandable what i mean), having the hardware with the blinking pads and the running light but everything which is done on the hardware just controls events in live.
i thought if it is possible to tell maschine which clips in live are running and which not and to be able to display/edit lives matrix using the pads of maschin it might also be possible to display/edit the information inside a midi clip

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Wed May 20, 2009 2:42 pm

Lo-Fi Massahkah wrote:Nope.

Coming versions of Maschine will have midi out, though. So you can use Machine's sequencer to control, not only its own sounds, but also Live devices and VST instruments.

.m
THIS

Will be great.

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Wed May 20, 2009 2:48 pm

franksterling wrote:i know about the update. so i could probably create and edit the patterns in maschines sequencer and then record them into live to get midi clips.a bit uncomfortable.
it would be much better if there was the possibillity to edit them using the maschine hardware while actually creating them in live (hope it is understandable what i mean), having the hardware with the blinking pads and the running light but everything which is done on the hardware just controls events in live.
i thought if it is possible to tell maschine which clips in live are running and which not and to be able to display/edit lives matrix using the pads of maschin it might also be possible to display/edit the information inside a midi clip
I understand your question. And, yes, that'd be good. But the answer is still no.

.m

franksterling

Post by franksterling » Wed May 20, 2009 3:25 pm

thanks for the answer.
hmm would have been very nice. :cry:
will the akai controller be able to do this?

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Wed May 20, 2009 3:57 pm

franksterling wrote:thanks for the answer.
hmm would have been very nice. :cry:
will the akai controller be able to do this?
Not without some Max trickery - if at all. But possibly. :)

.m

bog

Post by bog » Wed May 20, 2009 5:43 pm

franksterling wrote:it would be much better if there was the possibillity to edit them using the maschine hardware while actually creating them in live (hope it is understandable what i mean), having the hardware with the blinking pads and the running light but everything which is done on the hardware just controls events in live.
Ableton should have collaborated with NI instead of Akai for that to be possible. Anyway, with the 1.1 update you'll be able to use Maschine's step sequencer to control anything in Live. I think the flexible sequencer and workflow are one of the big things about Maschine and I think it's good that you can run it just in standalone with only the Maschine software. Live and Maschine are looking like a perfect combination in my eyes.