I am all about free speech, live and let live, but......

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aisling

I am all about free speech, live and let live, but......

Post by aisling » Fri May 22, 2009 8:39 pm

The forum seems to be losing it's class and civility lately. Every other thread seems to spin out of control into a flame and insult war. Not that I want a moderator, it is just a shame to see such juvenile and classless conduct amongst supposed artistically inclined people. I imagine the rabble behave as such since they don't have the confidence, skills, real talent, or motivation to be working on music, yet feel a need to be seen and heard......just like a psy trance party :wink:

For those who are real haters...........You have my total respect, because I know how energy inefficient it is to carry that attitude. I bow in respect.....

all right insult away :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Tone Deft

Re: I am all about free speech, live and let live, but......

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 22, 2009 8:41 pm

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri May 22, 2009 8:42 pm

thank you sir, could I have some more please. :D

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri May 22, 2009 8:45 pm

Riiiiight, because creative people are traditionally a pillar of stability and civility. Fucker face.

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri May 22, 2009 8:52 pm

:D this is great guys, I am getting some healing.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri May 22, 2009 8:55 pm

it's the most fun this place, I get to post music and do musicy shit but also have some of THE most crazy debates I've ever witnessed.

It's utter madness i tells thee!

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri May 22, 2009 9:04 pm

UKRuss wrote:it's the most fun this place, I get to post music and do musicy shit but also have some of THE most crazy debates I've ever witnessed.

It's utter madness i tells thee!
The crazy debates make this place priceless, fun, addictive and totally satisfying..... The need to result to insult and hostility, dilutes the quality of the craziness.....It makes it mundane. I love crazy, but sometimes I feel like I am living back in NJ where if you accidently step on somebody's foot at the bar, be prepared to defend your self against a steroid pent up up sizzle chest.

Incy

Post by Incy » Fri May 22, 2009 9:11 pm

Another one for censorship? You are clearly not about free speech; you contradict yourself within the same post. Go find a moderated forum elsewhere.

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri May 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Incy wrote:Another one for censorship? You are clearly not about free speech; you contradict yourself within the same post. Go find a moderated forum elsewhere.
I like your thought process, you sound like a talented guy/girl
Do you have any music links posted to back up my supposition?

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri May 22, 2009 9:40 pm

There certainly are some angry young men about.

I save it all up for road rage incidents myself.

gjm

Post by gjm » Fri May 22, 2009 9:44 pm

I have a sure fire way I finding out who are the bad eggs. I write the forum nick's down on a piece of paper and swing a crystal above it. If the crystal swings left to right then this = bad. Front to back = good.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

gjm

Post by gjm » Fri May 22, 2009 9:51 pm

This person definitely does not have the experience yet to use the crystal accurately. When in the wrong hands you can get yourself in trouble. It takes a lot of practice to get it right.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri May 22, 2009 9:56 pm

gjm wrote:I have a sure fire way I finding out who are the bad eggs. I write the forum nick's down on a piece of paper and swing a crystal above it. If the crystal swings left to right then this = bad. Front to back = good.
I let the music links, followed by the I ching, guide my intuitive speculation.

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Fri May 22, 2009 9:57 pm

i want to know what rock you've been hiding under the last 2 years. this place is not near the level it was during the timur era.

gjm

Post by gjm » Fri May 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Some info to get you up and running quickly.