SAM ASH....never again

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
casioaz1

SAM ASH....never again

Post by casioaz1 » Mon May 25, 2009 5:18 pm

i go into Sam Ash to see if they have a Roland Juno G in stock.
i stand in the keyboards section for about 10 minutes waiting for someone to even show up in that room.
finally i go to the counter where 3 guys are just standing around talking about basketball.
i tell them i need assistance in the keyboard dept.
finally some goofball comes out and i ask him if they have the Juno G in stock.
he taps the computer a few times, and says NO. but, another store 18 miles away has one.
so i said "cool, i'll go there".
then this goofball has the nerve to ask me if i want to pay for it now, so he can get the credit for selling it to me.
i said NO and attempted to walk out the door to go to the other store.
he gets a little bent out of shape and says "c'mon, help me out here...i need to feed my family...can't you just pay for it here?".
i just looked at him, and walked out.

i'm done with SAM ASH.

3dot...

Re: SAM ASH....never again

Post by 3dot... » Mon May 25, 2009 5:22 pm

good for you.. :?

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Mon May 25, 2009 5:23 pm

NOWHERE NEAR AS AWFUL AS THE SHITS AT GUITAR CENTER, but they both suckl, agreed. I quit dealing with those scumbag used car salesmen years ago. Sweetwater is the only place left I know of that treats you with professionalism and respect. They have nbever tried to scam me or "upsell" like a waitress at Chili's

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Mon May 25, 2009 5:35 pm

I vote for Sweetwater as well. They're professional, respectful, and deal with you on a personal level. No BS.

I've had this guy over there called David taking care of all my orders for the past 3 years and he's the man. Always calls me up for confirmation and updates on my orders and helps me out with any decisions ranging from simple stuff like saving a couple bucks on shipping to more complex stuff, like choosing this or that for whatever. Cool guy. Very helpful. He actually called me up the other day with some very good news regarding a certain pre-ordered item (cough*apc*cough). :mrgreen:

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon May 25, 2009 5:41 pm

+1 for sweetWater... ace service !

casioaz1

Post by casioaz1 » Mon May 25, 2009 5:58 pm

yea, you hear that Sam Trash, i'm gonna be ordering from Sweetwater now.
maybe i can save on sales tax also. (can i ?).

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Mon May 25, 2009 6:26 pm

casioaz1 wrote:yea, you hear that Sam Trash, i'm gonna be ordering from Sweetwater now.
yes

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon May 25, 2009 6:33 pm

aqua_tek wrote:I vote for Sweetwater as well. They're professional, respectful, and deal with you on a personal level. No BS.

I've had this guy over there called David taking care of all my orders for the past 3 years and he's the man. Always calls me up for confirmation and updates on my orders and helps me out with any decisions ranging from simple stuff like saving a couple bucks on shipping to more complex stuff, like choosing this or that for whatever. Cool guy. Very helpful. He actually called me up the other day with some very good news regarding a certain pre-ordered item (cough*apc*cough). :mrgreen:
funny, it's that same routine that makes me hate Sweetwater. I dropped a few thousand with them a few years ago, the same guy still keeps cold calling my cell phone. Chad Byer, please leave me the fuck alone, I don't need your help, don't want it, never asked for it.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon May 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Juno G in stock!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/4 ... sizer.html

But, yeah. Shop any place you like. Our store has a lot of cross pollination between photo + video + audio + etc, so it takes a toll on our sales staff sometimes. You know, helping out a photographer who wants to get into audio one minute, troubleshooting a wireless system for a video person the next minute, telling a darkroom customer they're in the wrong department and dealing with their wrath the next minute, etc. etc. etc. All of that 9 hours a day can make them a tad bit grumpy on occasion. But hey, sometimes our price is by far the best you can find anywhere, and if it says in stock on our site, it's always 100% accurate. If you buy something we will ship it out the door as fast as inhumanly possible, and provide tracking info via email and SMS. If something should go wrong, our customer support is really really good.

So, our sales staff can be "a bit more human" (to put it softly) than someone who sells audio gear for a company who pays their sales staff mainly on commission. I believe in the non-commission lifestyle for a sales person. It's a much healthier life. Commission pay check = never ending stress. That's not the kind of water I want to drink.

casioaz1

Post by casioaz1 » Mon May 25, 2009 6:40 pm

aqua_tek wrote:
casioaz1 wrote:yea, you hear that Sam Trash, i'm gonna be ordering from Sweetwater now.
yes

sweet ! (no pun)

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon May 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Sales Dude McBoob wrote:our price is by far the best you can find anywhere, and if it says in stock on our site, it's always 100% accurate. If you buy something we will ship it out the door as fast as inhumanly possible, and provide tracking info via email and SMS. If something should go wrong, our customer support is really really good.
whatever it is, I'm buying it! with the guarantee and all the accessories!!

yo! it's Hidden Driveways day, not SalesDood day. punch out and drain some beers man.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

casioaz1

Post by casioaz1 » Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 pm

hey, maybe i can start a bidding war for the lowest price.
so, Sales Dude McBoob, can you make the first 9 an 8 on the price for me?

aisling

Post by aisling » Mon May 25, 2009 7:23 pm

another vote for sweetwater. ALthough I was recently cold called and that I don't like.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Mon May 25, 2009 7:35 pm

Tone Deft wrote: whatever it is, I'm buying it! with the guarantee and all the accessories!!

yo! it's Hidden Driveways day, not SalesDood day. punch out and drain some beers man.
Done and done...

casioaz1 wrote:hey, maybe i can start a bidding war for the lowest price.
so, Sales Dude McBoob, can you make the first 9 an 8 on the price for me?
We match prices. Call up and see what they can doo.

PS... I totally agree with you all about the "calling you up" thing. That's just a creepy practice that the poor stressed out sales staff hate to do. Being forced to call and bother people sucks a lot more than receiving a call.

Enough bizznizz. It's labor day or something. I want to go home to lotsa bears.

dcease

Post by dcease » Mon May 25, 2009 7:38 pm

my personal sweetwater rep doesn't have my phone number... he has my wife's :P :lol:
8O :oops:
:wink: