Music you hate...... And why?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sherman

Re: Music you hate...... And why?

Post by sherman » Mon May 25, 2009 5:13 am

There's only one section of music I would say I truly, truly hate.. Skankpop, R&B (which last time I checked stood for "Rythm" and "Blues"), whatever the hell you want to call it. Genres that's less about music, and more about being the biggest slut around.

Seeing preteen girls singing along and dancing like sluts to Christina, Brittany, Beyonce, Pussycat Dolls, etc... It makes me sick. Its bad enough I have to deal with drunk chicks acting like skanks when I go out, but when my 10yo cousin turns on VH1 on a Saturday morning and bops to songs about licking a black guys 'lollypop' while eating her frootloops, I just wanna go postal on the 'Music Industry'.

When I was at school, we had a radio station that streamed throughout the school during the lunch breaks. I lasted one session of playing drum and bass before being asked to stand down. As we all know, 'Techno' encourages teens to take drugs and misbehave. I was replaced with a guy who played Nelly and the like, singing about smokin' blunts and slammin' bitches... W. T. F?

Wow, I'll end this rant and sit back down i think...
--sherman

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon May 25, 2009 6:25 am

sherman wrote:There's only one section of music I would say I truly, truly hate.. Skankpop, R&B (which last time I checked stood for "Rythm" and "Blues"), whatever the hell you want to call it. Genres that's less about music, and more about being the biggest slut around.

Seeing preteen girls singing along and dancing like sluts to Christina, Brittany, Beyonce, Pussycat Dolls, etc... It makes me sick. Its bad enough I have to deal with drunk chicks acting like skanks when I go out, but when my 10yo cousin turns on VH1 on a Saturday morning and bops to songs about licking a black guys 'lollypop' while eating her frootloops, I just wanna go postal on the 'Music Industry'.

When I was at school, we had a radio station that streamed throughout the school during the lunch breaks. I lasted one session of playing drum and bass before being asked to stand down. As we all know, 'Techno' encourages teens to take drugs and misbehave. I was replaced with a guy who played Nelly and the like, singing about smokin' blunts and slammin' bitches... W. T. F?

Wow, I'll end this rant and sit back down i think...
if you don't appreciate RnB... you're missing a world of sound...
about the slutty dancing girls...what's wrong with that..?!

anyways.
ABBA.... massively

teestone

Post by teestone » Mon May 25, 2009 7:41 am

drako wrote:2 Auto tune tracks.
A: Get car illness from it.
I couldn't agree more with this one! I just threw up in my mouth a little......

funknotik

Post by funknotik » Mon May 25, 2009 7:48 am

I hate anything by this man... Image

He really needs to eat a fish stick and shut the fuck up. He is not skilled in anything other than marketing his image. Which is really more of a skill for the person that promotes his music than him. I hate this and almost always everything top 40, with few exceptions in the late 90's.
Two technics 1210 turntables, alot of guitars, 2gig Sony vgz fz290, 2gig frankenstein pc, mbox, ableton, flstudio, recycle, the infinity gauntlet, and alot of spare time..

Salty P

Post by Salty P » Mon May 25, 2009 12:17 pm

Just got back from 3 days camping in the sunshine and I like how the thread has developed :D

@longjohns, I'd not heard of The Nonce before but definitely gonna check out more - looking forward to seeing what other gems lie behind the youtube links.

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Mon May 25, 2009 5:45 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zLnA3wXReY
Tech N9ne-Welcome to the Midwest

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Mon May 25, 2009 5:51 pm

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Mon May 25, 2009 5:55 pm

5meohd

Post by 5meohd » Mon May 25, 2009 8:05 pm

everything most of you like.. I dislike.. I am assuming this just because you started the thread.. have fun participating.. basically stating the fact of how ignorant you are to summing a whole genre off, as if every artist from a genre sounds the same! I'm sure lots of people said this already.. but I just wanted to say that I love music.. I love sound, the wind blowing past me on a sunny day, the trains waking me up early in the a.m., my cats meow, psytrance, technical death metal, progressive metal, dub, downtempo psy, psydm, stoner rock, reggae, breakcore, dnb, funky electro, dirty electro, sexy electro, jazz, jazz fusion, psychedelic rock, progressive rock, early analog ambient rock, classical,breakbeat, tool.

anything else I have not heard enough to say I "hate" it.. maybe I have had to many great experiences in my life to be so evil!

more of you should lighten up a bit!

and dont forget to tell me what a middle class dirty hippie american fagboy I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shweeeeeeeeeeet

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon May 25, 2009 10:34 pm

ABBA

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Tue May 26, 2009 2:24 am

dhilsabeck wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2mgsOAQXXY
J Dilla-Crushin'
damn, how could I diss jay-dee

this song I really love - it was orignially a little intro to a track on dwele's first album. barely long enough to repeat because of the fade in/out.

in my head I imagine that jay-dee also realized how dope it was and decided he needed to make it into a full track. although since it's called 'dime piece (rmx)' it could have been a song already, from which dwele put a little snippet on his album..

anyway, i'm glad dilla turned this one out before he passed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEHw2s2Cbok

a similar situation is the outro to "hoes" on slum village _trinity_ -- DAMN, that beat is dope!!

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Tue May 26, 2009 2:27 am

5meohd wrote: and dont forget to tell me what a middle class dirty hippie american fagboy I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would not use those terms...

maybe "fourteen"

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Tue May 26, 2009 2:30 am

slum village 'hoes'

2:40 is the dopeness

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Tue May 26, 2009 2:37 am

favorite dilla beats time!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W5-MgVwmpo