For Trade: Summit Audio 2BA Preamp

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jesso

For Trade: Summit Audio 2BA Preamp

Post by jesso » Sun May 31, 2009 11:38 pm

I have 2 of these and actually only need one. Anyone have anything interesting they would like to trade for it? I'm looking for preamps mainly, but I'm open to offers!
Here it is in my rack.

Sales Dude McBoob

Re: For Trade: Summit Audio 2BA Preamp

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:19 am

How about my M-Audio Octane? It's the third unit up from the bottom. 8 channels of preamps with pads and meters on every channel, 2 instrument inputs, and this special stereo miking thing in the last two channels. It can go into your Fireface 400 via lightpipe. This would enable you to go out and record live bands or any multi-track remote kind of thing. It works perfectly, and it sounds great. M-Audio gets a bad rap, but the Octane is really really good. I recently got the OctaMic II from RME that does the same kind of thing, so I don't need it anymore.

I would also trade you my DBX 586. 2nd unit from the bottom. It's a two channel tube preamp with EQ and limters on both channels. One of the channels has a slight issue right now, so it needs a little repair.

jesso

Post by jesso » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:41 am

Hey Salesdude,
Thanks for the offer! Interesting, but I'm not really into recording bands at the moment... the 8 inputs on my fireface are plenty for now! I was thinking more along the lines of a nice preamp.... maybe plus cash your way? Or if you happen to play the bass... I'm on the look out for a nice Pbass!

jesso

Post by jesso » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:15 pm

I know how to get some interest in this thread...
Why does Logic sound so much better than live? There. I said it. Now wait for the beasts of the night to assemble.

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:09 pm

jesso wrote:Hey Salesdude,
Thanks for the offer! Interesting, but I'm not really into recording bands at the moment... the 8 inputs on my fireface are plenty for now! I was thinking more along the lines of a nice preamp.... maybe plus cash your way? Or if you happen to play the bass... I'm on the look out for a nice Pbass!
I own a 1979 Fender Percision and I will never let go of it. That thing is going in the casket with me. My next of kin will have to dig me up.

jesso

Post by jesso » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:35 pm

PICS PLEASE (slobber slobber)