OT: Your favourite sandwich

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Android Bishop

Re: OT: Your favourite sandwich

Post by Android Bishop » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:45 pm

This is like asking me what my favorite song is. Impossible to answer, depends on the situation.

A few good ones include:
tuna salad w/ lettuce, tomato, avocado
Ruben (pastrami, sour kraut, swiss cheese, russian dressing)
Philly
Cheeseburgers and all its various incantations
Italian Deli Sandwich
Chicken Club
Pulled Pork

and on and on. I like sammiches

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:46 pm

You know...they actually do Marmite Cheese now...it is the daddy cheese. Little 'minibabybel' sized ones available too.

hangar17

Post by hangar17 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:47 pm

french toast
I fell down the musical stairs at the science museum.
It went like : C F# B D Ab A#5 E D B A THUD!

we are airfields
this is hangar 17

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:00 pm

La Sandwicherie, Miami Beach. Seriously, the Horse radish sauce, freshly cut Mozzeral. Freshly baked French Bread.

Like Crack on French Roll! :lol:

"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

aizo

Post by aizo » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:02 pm

i have a few....

-BLM(BLT, but I hate tomatoes) Apple smoke thick bacon, texas toast, mayo and a slice of onion, with Dr. Pepper and some salty chips(crisps fo you UK'ers).

-Deli sand with ham, salami, and cheese.....lettuce, mayo, mustard, banana peppers, salt and vinegar chips, soda!

-steak sand, seasoned with oregano, salt and pepper. meat and bread only. with salty FF and DP.

-fajita with pica de gallo, lettuce, sour cream, and raw onions with doritos and berriers and cream Dr. Pepper.

-here in Japan, toasted shoku pan(thick ass white bread), fried egg, ham, lettuce, mayo, mustard, and cheese
with peppered chips and orange juice
ImageImage

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:46 pm

well out here on the west coast, there's a place called Philly's Best. they make the best Philly Cheesesteak IMO, even though they may not be authentic to some of you Philly natives. But they do ship the Amoroso rolls from Philadelphia and they use Boar's Head meats. They also sell Frank's sodas and Tastykakes and for a while, they had Yeungling lager by the bottle. Wish they still did! but they do serve em up just like they should with sweet peppers, mushrooms, pizza sauce and Cheez Whiz, if you want it. that's my favorite sandwich.

a close second would probably be the Tommy Pastrami Double Deck Mile High sandwich with pastrami and corned beef on rye.

and third is a tie between the roast beef with lettuce, tomato, and mayo on a roll or an italian hoagie with capicolla, mortadella, genoa or calabrese salami, provolone, lettuce, tomato, mayo and italian dressing on a roll.

I'll be going to Philly's Best for lunch. thank you forum for helping me decide what to eat today.

Jesse

Post by Jesse » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:33 pm

Just a follow up here:

Had the turkey hoagie at Argentos in Roxborough. man, that is a serious sandwich. Not as serious as a Drexel special from Koch's, but top quality.

I also thank yous for inspiration.

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Dark rye bread (preferably with sunflower seeds), mature cheese (gruyere, västerbotten) smoked ham and dijon mustard. With any beer of your choice. This was served with Black Sheep Ale, since I was recently in the UK.

.m

the_woof

Post by the_woof » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:49 pm

I'm personally a fan of the buffalo chicken cheesesteak with lettuce and onions. It's a cheesesteak, but made with buffalo chicken instead of steak and covered in a very cheesy kind of bleu cheese dressing. There's an amazing hoagie place in NJ that makes fantastic ones.
djsynchro wrote:For a female vocal try companding a mid-side encoded signal with a ratio of around 18:2 at around 2.5k, possibly a lower ratio if the source is very sibilant.
my music

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:41 pm

aburgener wrote:
Rogue Scrunt wrote:Image
what is that delicous looking concoction?

you've never had tacos????

holy shit!

I'd say they don't really count as sandwiches though.

but if we're getting creative with our definition of sandwich, than my favorite is just simple boquerones on toast with a caper berry.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

nicklittle

Post by nicklittle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:25 pm

the_antagonist wrote:triple fried egg sandwich with chili sauce and chutney
Gonna try this. mmmmmm
Ableton 8, Golden Virginia, Water.

evernaut

Post by evernaut » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:29 pm

Parma ham, mozarella cheese, tomato and rocket...lots of good olive oil...on ciabatta.

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:39 pm

+1 on the Ruben, however I am of the opinion that a true Ruben contains corned beef instead of pastrami.

Hooray for Nebraska!

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:42 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YGNPwdE5MI
Mitch Hedberg-Club Sandwich

aisling

Post by aisling » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Respect to Philly and jersey (wawa....makes a decent sandwich, although they get soggy if you wait to long. Pats steaks in Philly & south street eateries. Jersey, I hail from AC, so plenty of great places.....I love the fact that there are more sandwich shops/pizzeria's per capita than can be sustained by the economy, but they never go out of business.......mafia......money laundering....... :) )

Since we are a global village, I cast my vote in the burrito and falafel/gyro camps.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.