Do you leave your computer on?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Do you leave your computer on?

Yes
39%
No
40%
Sometimes
21%

Total votes: 108

Tone Deft

Re: Do you leave your computer on?

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:32 pm

:D thanks! I saw that quote and didn't want to forget it.

there's so much mythology around that band. I Stumble Upon'ed their rooftop concert last night, the 'Get Back' part and was still floored. they didn't and couldn't even play live. when they did the fans were louder than they were, kinda sucks, mom and dad (grandma and grandpa?) needed to stfu!!
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:41 pm

Tone Deft wrote::D thanks! I saw that quote and didn't want to forget it.

there's so much mythology around that band. I Stumble Upon'ed their rooftop concert last night, the 'Get Back' part and was still floored. they didn't and couldn't even play live. when they did the fans were louder than they were, kinda sucks, mom and dad (grandma and grandpa?) needed to stfu!!
all the real sucsessfull DJs / bands / musicians i know are totally after the money, that is why they work so hard and have sucsess, but all claim doing it for the love of the music, my ass... it's a job and in a job you need to earn money.

and hmmm yeah absolut love that sig.
*** Image GAFM ***

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:45 pm

SubFunk wrote:

all the real sucsessfull DJs / bands / musicians i know are totally after the money, that is why they work so hard and have sucsess, but all claim doing it for the love of the music, my ass... it's a job and in a job you need to earn money.
true, a job's a job. dunno if I'd want to be a full time musician just for that reason.

one band I heard of having a good vibe is Incubus (don't care for their tunes really.) stories I've heard is that they're a group of friends that like hanging out and they'd be fine touring forever with the same few dozen songs they have.

compare that to Metallica's psychiatrist bills or Billy Corgan's struggles or being a Ringo... screw that.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:51 pm

^^^ it can be an interesting conversation, but actually don't really want to interrupt that environmental disco.

just like the sig. and think it's true in most cases... of course there a lot of people making music for fun and small bucks, but the real big sucsessfull ones (good and bad music, i don't want to judge) are into money and that is why they are pushing for fame. and fame means sells, etc. if it is good or bad is a different story.
*** Image GAFM ***

steko

Post by steko » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Hey Subfunk! :D

The fact, macs being fine with running all the time, doesn't mean they have to, for running fine. Seems to be an everlasting rumour...

For the super-overrated os x "maintenance" scripts please read:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp ... 6&#8906776

Real easy way to run them:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboar ... idget.html

Switch my Mac on & off everyday, often twice, running extremely fine.

+1 on djsynchro

steko
Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:11 pm

steko wrote:Hey Subfunk! :D

The fact, macs being fine with running all the time, doesn't mean they have to, for running fine. Seems to be an everlasting rumour...

For the super-overrated os x "maintenance" scripts please read:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp ... 6&#8906776

Real easy way to run them:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboar ... idget.html

Switch my Mac on & off everyday, often twice, running extremely fine.

+1 on djsynchro

steko
aufwachen!

i already posted how to run the scripts manually, right in the very, very beginning of that thread.

also, it's a poll, nothing to discuss in a poll, i never switch mine off, voted therefor for ON, unless being on holiday, but there i usually have my laptop still with me... all others do as you please.

environmental aspects i do understand, i grow up in a nation which is with some nordic countries together leading in that respect of consciousness and foremost action! and especially the americans are funny being about 50years behind... but hey i appreciate that the once here on the forum show some consciousness, no missunderstanding.
i do a a hell lot fot environmental aspects, don't own a car, do seperate waist collection and the like... blah, blah, but i do leave my computer ON, because i have good experiences with it. and it's as impostant to me as my lifehood that the damn mascjhine works flawless, i used to have an old G4 tower over 7 years he was always ON, never changed a single part and still sold him, he is still in use and i sold him over 2years ago...

what i am i actually doing here? justifiing? me stupid. just swicth yours off.
*** Image GAFM ***

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:13 pm

SubFunk wrote:

and hmmm yeah absolut love that sig.
I Quote..."A working class hero is something to be"........John Lennon 1970
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:15 pm

^^^ in my eyes a working class hero is someone who comes from shit and makes it, what's wrong with that?

makes it as in making super duper money. just like lennon, or did he came from a british upper class family, please correct me, if so.
*** Image GAFM ***

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:26 pm

^^^^^^
Just reminded me of the song mate....thats all..
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:30 pm

jez3122 wrote:^^^^^^

what are you friends with greenday?

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:37 pm

ThrowAway wrote:

what are you friends with greenday?
i just quoted a line from a song because a couple of posts triggered a memory.....

don't bet the greenday thing thing but i'm not a massive fan....
Last edited by jez3122 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:38 pm

oops, apologies, missunderstanding here :oops:
*** Image GAFM ***

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:39 pm

no worries mate..

steko

Post by steko » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:44 pm

Sub Funk wrote:aufwachen!

i already posted how to run the scripts manually, right in the very, very beginning of that thread.
Hab ich schon gesehen.

Just showed a non-terminal way to run them, cause some folks are scared using terminal & type wrong & fuck up their system...

I' m fine mr. subfunk leaving his mac on (out of reasons, that proof nothing) :D

steko
Last edited by steko on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:45 pm

Yeah Jez, fucking chill out! Always with the aggro. :D