Do you leave your computer on?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Do you leave your computer on?

Yes
39%
No
40%
Sometimes
21%

Total votes: 108

Aequitas123

Re: Do you leave your computer on?

Post by Aequitas123 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Tone thanks for hijacking my thread you asshat! :o

I've seen incubus and they're a rad band. Unapologeticaly a stoner band. They just play chill music and bask in it. I'd recommend everyone listens to Aqueous Transmission.

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:59 pm

you know me.....always wading in.
where the fuck were ya Russ!........thought you'd got me back!....i radiod for back up ages ago! :lol:
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:12 pm

I was there man, hiding...waiting....like a ninja.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:04 pm

ThrowAway wrote:
jez3122 wrote:^^^^^^
Just reminded me of the song mate....thats all..

what are you friends with greenday?
how did you know Green Day covered that song? I just learned when I looked up the lyrics.

pwnt, you're a fan.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:06 pm

Aequitas123 wrote:Tone thanks for hijacking my thread you asshat! :o
sorry, kinda. this place is boring the fuck out of me lately. ANYTHING to shake it up.

uhhh... back on track... what to add....??? people should try those wattage meters to see what they're really wasting. stick it on the outlet and it reads off how much juice you're using.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

porfiry

Post by porfiry » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:22 am

jez3122 wrote:
porfiry wrote:
djsynchro wrote:If you think it's good for your operating system to let it run run run you obviously don't know much about computers.
Computers run on electricity, which is generated mainly from burning fossil fuels, which are destroying our planet.
When you're not using your computer you need to switch it OFF, not standby, OFF.
You really only hurt the cause when you get up people's ass like this.
+1 djsync

porfiry.....your comment is complete crap.......sorry if i "get up your ass" by saying this but it's something i feel strongly about.
Hey, feel free to keep feeding trolls like Rush Limbaugh with your authoritarian stance on the matter. I'm as liberal as they come, but I know better than to preach. You, however, can go ahead and do whatever misguided shit you'd like. It's destructive to the liberal side of the argument, but there's nothing new about that.

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:19 am

I have no idea who Rush Limbaugh is.......must be an american thing(i'm from Lincoln England not Lincoln New England as you are) but just googled him and he appears to be a bit of a dick.

I just turn off my system like a lot of people here because i have enviromental concerns, And thought your dig at someone with simalar views was uncalled for. so i suggest you get back in ya box my friend :?
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

bodhi71

Post by bodhi71 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:38 am

jez3122 wrote:I have no idea who Rush Limbaugh is.......must be an american thing(i'm from Lincoln England not Lincoln New England as you are) but just googled him and he appears to be a bit of a dick.

I just turn off my system like a lot of people here because i have enviromental concerns, And thought your dig at someone with simalar views was uncalled for. so i suggest you get back in ya box my friend :?
He is.
And a big propaganda machine, twisting facts and the minds who listen.

porfiry

Post by porfiry » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:13 pm

jez3122 wrote:i have enviromental concerns, And thought your dig at someone with simalar views was uncalled for. so i suggest you get back in ya box my friend :?
I wasn't making a dig at him because of his views (which I agree with to a large extent), I was simply pointing out that being condescending and feigning superiority over others is no way to bend them to your will. Telling someone to "get back in your box" probably isn't going to work on someone older than about 19 either. :|

dr_loop

Post by dr_loop » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:24 pm

... i usually turn it off, if i don't use it for half an hour or so. Not only cause of the enviroment, but i don't want to have any unnecessary electromagnetic radiation around me !! Having a triple-boot configuration and beeing a programmer (off real-time applications) i somtimes boot my computer 20 times a day. I know, electronic devices may suffer more from switching on/off than from beeing constantly on. But considering the usefull lifetime of a modern computer thats just a *NON-ISSUE*

!! God is the Loop !!

dr_loop

Post by dr_loop » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:27 pm

... i usually turn it off, if i don't use it for half an hour or so. Not only cause of the enviroment, but i don't want to have any unnecessary electromagnetic radiation around me !! Having a triple-boot configuration and beeing a programmer (off real-time applications) i somtimes boot my computer 20 times a day. I know, electronic devices may suffer more from switching on/off than from beeing constantly on. But considering the usefull lifetime of a modern computer thats just a *NON-ISSUE*

!! God is the Loop !!