OT: Jodorowsky

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pulsoc

OT: Jodorowsky

Post by pulsoc » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:58 pm

Just saw Holy Mountain for the first time. Holy amazing movies batman.

Can I get an amen?

dave dominey

Re: OT: Jodorowsky

Post by dave dominey » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:07 pm

yep

amen

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:34 am

amen, brothers & sisters, amen.

Now track down Santa Sangre -but don't read any reviews or a plot synopsis, just watch it... :!:

moodles

Post by moodles » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:40 am

Good stuff - supposedly he's in the process of securing funds for a new film right now.

old school user

Post by old school user » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:31 am

I believe (at least El Topo) Jodorowsky's film rights are (or were) owned by Allen Klein, the guy who managed the Beatles near their end (and was the straw that broke the camel's back). Info is probably Googleable, so correct me, if you care.

Wanted to +1 on this! I saw his stuff back in the day (late 60's). Some psychedelia that's been unparalleled.

PS: I got the APC and love it!

Neil

Jesse

Post by Jesse » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:59 am

I was really interested to learn he was the original director of Dune, before David Lynch took over. Salvador Dali was the emperor, and it was to be a 10 hour movie:
http://www.hotweird.com/jodorowsky/dune.html

Great stuff...
J

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:47 am

Jesse wrote:I was really interested to learn he was the original director of Dune, before David Lynch took over. Salvador Dali was the emperor, and it was to be a 10 hour movie:

Great stuff...
J

strangely enough both, Lynch and Jodorowski, are on a esoteric heal the world trip now. Jodorowski made some books about Tarot-cards and other funny stuff, while Lynch is chairman for a Yogi-fraud.

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:21 am

I love the Holy Mountain but prefer El Topo. If you can get a hold of the box set (Its on Amazon) the interviews and feature on the guy are amazing.

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:25 am

love his stuff. . apparently he is better know as a comic book author (more prolific), working with french and belgian artists, but i havent been able to track anything down. anyone have any tips?

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:01 am

pepezabala wrote:
Jesse wrote:I was really interested to learn he was the original director of Dune, before David Lynch took over. Salvador Dali was the emperor, and it was to be a 10 hour movie:

Great stuff...
J

strangely enough both, Lynch and Jodorowski, are on a esoteric heal the world trip now. Jodorowski made some books about Tarot-cards and other funny stuff, while Lynch is chairman for a Yogi-fraud.
Didnt know that about Lynch- but understant why the last thing I saw from him was such rubbish, he is in deep sh... indeed. Most of "Yoga" masters in the West dont know anything which is good thing in a way, cant hurt anyone, but this M...chap was more/worse then a fraud,he learnt/knew something of real Yoga,unfortunately fallen for power, those people can and did fucked heads of lots of individuals btw. the aim was not to heal but to rule the world (they still have "world government" with HQ somewhere in Switzerland).
Anyway thenks to OP for bringing my attention to Jodorowski, since days didnt see any intresting film,already got the Mountain and/or El tipo for tonight

DjDiabolik

Post by DjDiabolik » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:19 am

Holy Mountain is one of my top ten mind fuck movies, It was so hated some religious groups almost destroyed every copy 'sposedly
... SANTA SANGRE is also amazing ... EL TOPO started his career but I thought it was a bit "shock for shock sake artsy stuff" myself, still impressive.

Jodorowsky is a bit too full of himself and angry in interviews I've seen.

If you can handle Holy Mountain ... check out the mondoblaxspoitation epic "Uncle Tom's Cabin" ... or the Amon Tobin scored "The Taxidermist"

ophidite

Post by ophidite » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:25 pm

With Moebius in "L'Incal"

Culte Comic

-This is John Difool-

dick nixon

Post by dick nixon » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:48 pm

Amen. Holy Mountain is one of my all-time favourites.

"Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of one thousand testicles."

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:11 pm

One of my fav. film people for certain. Been a fan of El Topo & Holy Mountain for many a moon. Santa Sangre is my favorite by far though.

Want to see a tripped out movie? Check out Mansions of Madness written by Juan Lopez Moctezuma. He worked with Jodorowsky quite a bit in the early days. Sad he's gone now.