Help, little clicks when using XP and Emagic EMI 26

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
katmeho

Help, little clicks when using XP and Emagic EMI 26

Post by katmeho » Sat Mar 09, 2002 3:32 am

Hi, running Windows XP on PIII 1.13 GHz, 384 mg RAM, 30G hrddrive, using Emagic EMI 2 6 as the audio source via ASIO.
Im hearing little clicks that indicate that live is unable to access the drive fast enough. This machine I have is a beast, it shouldn't be having this problem. ANy suggestions?
I really really want this setup to work...

clicks in xp

Post by guest » Sat Mar 09, 2002 7:50 pm

i had similliar problems, i oprimized xp for audio
per this site :http://www.bluelifeaudio.com/~pcconfig/
it work s fine now
my only problem with live is that i have CPU Usage in windows task manager on 22% after i start Live with blank project. which seems to me quite high. i will appreciate if you post what your task managers Cpu usage shows on Live start.

regards Artour

katmeho

Post by katmeho » Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:07 pm

Hi, thanks for the post. I have a cpu usage of 3% when I start it up, I have a PIII 1.13 GHZ processor. I seem to be fine w/ load on my box, just a little bit of drop outs... Did you do all the steps in the url you listed or just a few?

xp

Post by guest » Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:44 am

yeah i did everything it suggested ,also experiment with your sound cards buffer settings
or latency settings whatever your soundcard has
lowest settings offer higer latency but better
performance.
i have a questiong though do you have 3% of cpu usage on windows task managet( rghtclick on toolbar where your windows clock is ,than choose task manager) or you have it on Lives performance meter.
difference between 22% and 3% is huge.
if you have 3% on your windows task manager after you start Live ,theres something wrong with my settings in XP.

regards Artour