Live Serious Error

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
arielgraff

Live Serious Error

Post by arielgraff » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Hello,

I am running Ableton Live Suite 8.0.3 and my latest project suddenly DOES NOT OPEN. All previous saves of the project, do not open either.

I am getting a "Serious Error" upon loading the Live Set and I am unable to get into the project period. What is strange is that I relocated the VSTPlugins directory, thinking one of the project VSTs is the culprit, but it does not help load it. I reinstalled ASIO drivers, reinstalled all VST used in the set. Reinstalled Ableton Suite as well. Still an error, every time.

Please help.

I am on Windows XP 32 SP3
4GB RAM, CORE i7
M-Audio ProFire 610

kleine

Re: Live Serious Error

Post by kleine » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Hello,

Did you had any crashes with this set? Can you send us the .als file?

best,
Christian

arielgraff

Re: Live Serious Error

Post by arielgraff » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:54 pm

I have had Serious Error crashes with Live 8 all the time, even in the updated 8.0.3. Mostly when I try to delete Sidekick V3 plugin or Omnisphere plug-in. Live 7 never gave me a problem under such circumstances, it is VERY annoying. Due to "Serious Error Crashes" I find myself restarting Live around 8-10 times a day, and since most of my projects are now in v8 (due to group tracks etc), it is a huge problem.

Also, I already figured it out. It was either a Sidekick V3, Omnisphere, Nexus or GuitarRig causing this issue. Here is how I got to the conclusion.

1. I disabled the Custom VST folder in the preferences and after all VST were shown missing, the project loaded fine.
2. I then attempted to move a few problematic VST from the Custom VST folder and still got a serious error every time.
3. I reinstalled 4 VSTs mentioned above and the project loaded.

Please keep in mind that ALL above VSTs were working just fine in new projects.

Regardless, it would be extremely useful to see Live quarantine the plugs if they crash it OR at least notify the user what causes the crash during start-up/initial liveset loading. This situation can cause a very serious problem for an artist and Live 8 has overall been extremely unstable. I must say I am quite upset about spending $800 to have such unstable DAW.

Thanks and I am looking forward to improvements in the near future...