OT: Internet dating sites.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ark

Re: OT: Internet dating sites.

Post by ark » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:46 pm

I personally know three couples who have met over the Internet and eventually married. One met through Usenet -- they were exchanging recipes for apple pie and decided to get together to exchange recipes. One met through cmle.com; the third met through a better known commercial site -- I think it was match.com but don't remember for sure.

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:56 pm

I think if there is a moral, it's go with the flow. Go where you want to go, meet them where you meet them and be ready for whatever...

You could find some hot piece of chicken mcnugget, but how long will you be ok eating chicken nuggets?

You could find a sweet girl that turns psycho. You could find a psycho who is really just trying to protect herself by acting crazy, and maybe she's the one.

Then again, you could get that itch H2Only was talking about...
If you can imagine it, it can happen...

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:13 am

@ ark I'm not trying to discredit your statement and I'm sure not trying to knock Love. Thats good shit even if its only for a while, (here it comes...) BUT I think if I was the kind of dude that was into exchanging apple pie recipes online I would have a lasting relationship too. Along with 2.5 kids, a dog named Fido, the white picket fence, and a whole bunch of fiends at church, oh and debt up to my ass plus a mortgage.

I think ChiDJ wants some trim and I don't mean pie crust I mean FILLING!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:15 am

I knew a guy that took cooking classes to meet women, so I'd disagree with that comment. another friend took Swedish classes so he could meet blondes (didn't work.)

I mean, if you wanted to meet a pasty faced computer dork with a Daft Punk record collection wouldn't you hit up this forum?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:25 am

^
H20nly wrote:I think if I was the kind of dude

casioaz1

Post by casioaz1 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:31 am

ChiDJ wrote:Bro, I've got an Ax-1. Fire engine red. Do you suggest I take it out with me?
on your next online dating profile pic, have a pic of you and your AX-1, i guarantee the quality of babes will improve.
(note...this does not work for Yamaha SHS-10 keytar owners,sorry).

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:52 am

A friend of mine spent the better part of a year on Match.com simply getting laid a couple times a week. It was insane. Eventually one of them stuck. Now that I am freshly single after 6 years, I'm prepping for the same experience. Buy stock in Trojan.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:09 am

sparklepuff wrote:A friend of mine spent the better part of a year on Match.com simply getting laid a couple times a week. It was insane. Eventually one of them stuck. Now that I am freshly single after 6 years, I'm prepping for the same experience. Buy stock in Trojan.
so, match.com FTW?
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:15 am

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I might just have to try that me self!!!
If you can imagine it, it can happen...

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:39 am

match.com FT_.

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:39 am

if you guys could rip like Daft Punk you wouldn't need online dating sites! 8)

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:33 am

ashleymadison.com

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:49 am

nuxnamon wrote:ashleymadison.com
That's if you're married and need to keep it on the DL. Tod is free and clear to fuck whatever he wants and doesn't give a shit if anybody else knows about it. He wants EVERY girl to know that his peen is ripe and ready for a joy ride.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

C.S.

Post by C.S. » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:07 am

Most of those dating sites are just pure bullshit. Down here in Costa Rica we have tons of a call centers, one of the industries they service is online dating sites. They pay people $5/hour to pretend they are members of the site. They send messages, have chats, send pictures, etc. The real shitty part is it isn't just chicks, they have dudes as well doing it. They assign profiles to people, so they'll be like, "today you're Katie from orlando". Guy has all the pics, a list of relevant locations, the real customer's previous chats, they even have to submit the responses to someone to check to make sure all the english grammar looks correct to add more realism to it.

Like most everything else in the world associated with the internet... it's a scam.

The suggestion might seem a little out there but...
If you're just looking to get some ass (high quality, low stress), and are due for a vacation you might want visit one of your beautiful Latin American neighbors to the south (Columbia, Venezuela, Costa Rica). The amount of high quality ass (I'm talking 8's,9's,10's) is unreal and very accessible (I'm from the states and it's not even close).

brightonalex

Post by brightonalex » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Don't tick "ginger" in the describe yourself.
I joined Match.com years ago when I was single. I ticked "ginger" in the bit where you decribe your attributes, because I am.
But of coure all the ladies had ticked what they did and did not find acceptable - and they all drew the line at ginger.
So I only got one really downsy-looking girl getting in touch and it did nothing to ease my worried pride.