The only way to beat a hangover..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SubFunk

Re: The only way to beat a hangover..

Post by SubFunk » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:15 am

ikeaboy wrote:
SubFunk wrote:
ikeaboy wrote:How about not drinking alchohol and sticking to something more innocuous like tea and biscuits.
:roll: :roll: :roll: WHAT?
Yeah its do-able, just don't spill hot tea on yourself - that stuff burns - no doubt!!!
:lol:
*** Image GAFM ***

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:58 am

Bloody Mary with or w/o egg (but best with) deffo works!!

Tried it out yesterday morning on me and some mates who were desperately in need of help :D
Worked a treat... Then a big feast.. Tortilla with duck eggs and potatoes.. prawn salad, coleslaw, guacamole, fresh beer.. A few bifters :wink:

We were so good after that we all spent 3-4 hrs working on the 'party site' getting it prepared for next Saturdays 'Solecist Blast' *All invited BTW*

Peace

Hd

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:28 am

longjohns wrote:well 2 bottles of red wine is asking for trouble, especially if it is on the cheaper side.

you got to drink the right things!!!
It was cheap but it had "Appellation Origine Controlée" on the front so it should be good enough. Buying too much was my error. I should of spent my cash on one fancy bottle, two or three good beers and when that ran out - tough shit. Moderation seems harder to achieve than excess or abstinance. Worth trying to nail though

robfoster

Post by robfoster » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:41 am

Do loads of speed as well, your come down will be so nasty that you wont be worrying about your hangover. :wink:
Lion 10.7.2
Mac Mini 2.4Ghz
Ableton live 8.26
Logic pro 9.15

My Website

forge

Post by forge » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:46 am

robfoster wrote:Do loads of speed as well, your come down will be so nasty that you wont be worrying about your hangover. :wink:
single worst piece of advice on the internet ever. :lol:

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:00 pm

When im fried up from a night on pills.
I NEED a ten glass of vodka to ease the pain.

forge

Post by forge » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:30 pm

slatepipe wrote:... about 4 or 5pm when its ok to crack a botle of wine open and get a bifter together :D
I just experienced the joy of finding an emergency bifter

I think there are few pleasures on this earth more enjoyable than finding an almost completely unspent bifter in a pot of audio adapters when you thought you were completely dry

db2

Post by db2 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:00 pm

It's been years since I've been drinking, although I still find mischievous ways to have fun, but when I was drinking the most, I swear I found an amazing hangover cure, IF you can manage to pull it all off when you're drunk, which means remembering sh*t, or preferably preparing beforehand.

Here's what you need:

fresh spinach or baby spinach
Blueberries (fresh or frozen (cheaper))
red bell pepper
flax seed (best is to get it whole/bulk and use a coffee grinder to grind it fresh)

Before you go to sleep eat about two full handfuls of spinach, eat about 20-30 blueberries, just a couple of strips of red bell pepper (3X the Vitaman C of an Orange), and grind about three tablespoons of flax seed, mix with lukewarm water, drink, and chase with about 16-20 ounces of water. Go to bed. If you wake up several hours later repeat but only with about a third of the amount of everything.

Honestly it sounds like a lot, but if you have the supplies ready both sessions can be done in under 5 minutes each.

You wont believe how incredible and noticeable the recovery is. As you're drifting in and out of sleep you can actually feel your body going from hell to heaven. It is an incredible feeling, so I try to share it with people when I can. Just try it once or twice. You'll be ranting about it as well after that!

Cheers,

d

forge

Post by forge » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:21 pm

db2 wrote:It's been years since I've been drinking, although I still find mischievous ways to have fun, but when I was drinking the most, I swear I found an amazing hangover cure, IF you can manage to pull it all off when you're drunk, which means remembering sh*t, or preferably preparing beforehand.

Here's what you need:

red bell pepper
flax seed (best is to get it whole/bulk and use a coffee grinder to grind it fresh)

Before you go to sleep eat about two full handfuls of spinach, eat about 20-30 blueberries, just a couple of strips of red bell pepper (3X the Vitaman C of an Orange), and grind about three tablespoons of flax seed, mix with lukewarm water, drink, and chase with about 16-20 ounces of water. Go to bed. If you wake up several hours later repeat but only with about a third of the amount of everything.

Honestly it sounds like a lot, but if you have the supplies ready both sessions can be done in under 5 minutes each.

You wont believe how incredible and noticeable the recovery is. As you're drifting in and out of sleep you can actually feel your body going from hell to heaven. It is an incredible feeling, so I try to share it with people when I can. Just try it once or twice. You'll be ranting about it as well after that!

Cheers,

d
what an amazing and specific post

I'm going to buy all of those ingredients as soon as I am humanly able

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:30 pm

db2 wrote:It's been years since I've been drinking, although I still find mischievous ways to have fun, but when I was drinking the most, I swear I found an amazing hangover cure, IF you can manage to pull it all off when you're drunk, which means remembering sh*t, or preferably preparing beforehand.

Here's what you need:

red bell pepper

Cheers,

d
That must be tried. May I suggest adding adding about a gram of tryptophan supplements if your prone to post booze blues

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:58 am

jsg4z

Post by jsg4z » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:31 am

for some strange reason, i want to know the story of this room.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:44 pm

jsg4z wrote:for some strange reason, i want to know the story of this room.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:13 am

somehow in attempting to investigate, I just ended up looking at pictures of deep sea fishes.

this one little guy had a transparent head. you can see the guts of his eyes & etc. neat

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:23 am

longjohns wrote:somehow in attempting to investigate, I just ended up looking at pictures of deep sea fishes.

this one little guy had a transparent head. you can see the guts of his eyes & etc. neat
pic ?