RIP: Michael Jackson ?!?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dredd i knight

Re: RIP: Michael Jackson ?!?

Post by dredd i knight » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:42 am

i liked his music.
i liked his moves (esp when in the J5).
i thought he was way ahead musically and vision wise...
i feel bad for his kids.
may he rip.
holding hands affectionately certainly ain't no crime last time i checked. kiddie fiddler wise i doubt his innocence but his guilt was never proven... and fact is 95% paedophiles were subjected to similar in their childhood, so where does the blame start/stop?
i always found it kind of weird that he got dissed for turning white, but no one ever talked about WHY he might have done that... living in the land of liberty where everyone is colour blind an all that...

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:00 am

Think of this like the end of batman.

Two-face died a monster, but was remembered as a legend and hero.

maybe we should do the same for MJ?

judging by what was said, he did seem to have two sides to him so the comparison isn't far fetched.

and hold it that way at least until people speak out in 20 years saying MJ molested them.

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:28 am

The King is Dead
I hereby nominate Prince as the new King

Thanks MJ for bringing me so much happiness, even to this day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdV7Kb1RG8Y

astromass

Post by astromass » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:36 am

prince WOULD be the king....if he didn't release every half-assed (albeit well recorded and produced) song that he has laying around.... dont gimme wrong, i LOVE prince, i just thing his album cohesiveness is just WHACK... the latest one has some KILLER SONGS,but overall it sounds like a mixtape of whatever he's got laying around, in any particular order....

rip JACKO...i dont give shit about the freaky personal private life that u had....just yer records.
rip FARRAH....i dont give a shit about all the horrible shows you made...just THAT ASS that LOOK!!!

now, back to making music in LIVE 8 SUITE, which is BAD ASS.....
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

G-force

Post by G-force » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:55 am

astromass wrote:prince WOULD be the king....if he didn't release every half-assed (albeit well recorded and produced) song that he has laying around.... dont gimme wrong, i LOVE prince, i just thing his album cohesiveness is just WHACK... the latest one has some KILLER SONGS,but overall it sounds like a mixtape of whatever he's got laying around, in any particular order....

rip JACKO...i dont give shit about the freaky personal private life that u had....just yer records.
rip FARRAH....i dont give a shit about all the horrible shows you made...just THAT ASS that LOOK!!!

now, back to making music in LIVE 8 SUITE, which is BAD ASS.....
+1 -- Right you are, Astromass, oh, Magnificant One!

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:03 am

I don't know about mj but the only people who can describe the presence or absense and the possible location of any mole on my dick are people I've had sex with and people who changed my diapers, not kiddies having a sleep over.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:10 am

Btw I love most of his early work. I even know how to do the thriller dance.

rompling

Post by rompling » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:44 am

Cyberstar wrote::( :( :( Damn despite all the crappy stuff that was said about him he was imho a great entertainer/musician and was a big musical influence of mine R.I.P mate.
:( 100 % agree with you man
Pc Dual core 3gb Ram Live 8 ,Reason 4, Novation X station Akai MPC1000 Novation Nio2/4 M Audio BX 5 Korg Zero 8 Novation Nocturn & Launchpad
Been on live since version 2 but ableton forum has somehow only had me down as a user since 08 doh !

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:45 am

Don't care about the controversy, not interested in whether he did it or not, as if we could really sort through the BS. My guess is he probably did, but it's just a guess. I liked Thriller, the rest of his material didn't match that record IMO.

That said: :twisted:

What's the difference between MJ and Disney Films? Disney films can still touch kids

whats the difference between farrah fawcett and michael jackson?
little boys liked to pin farrah to the wall... not the other way around.

What's the difference Between Michael Jackson and Peter Pan? Peter Pan can still play with little boys in Neverland.

RIP Michael Jackson, born a black man, died a white woman.

zooli

Post by zooli » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:08 am

"..And When The Groove Is Dead And Gone, You Know That Love Survives So We Can Rock Forever, On. " _Bless U_
MacBookPro
|Live 8|Roland Juno-D|M-audio Oxygen|Novation remote zero-SL|NI Maschine 1.5|
NI AUDIO 8 DJ|KRK V8 Active Monitors|Traktor Scratch Pro

porfiry

Post by porfiry » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:14 am

Machinesworking wrote:whats the difference between farrah fawcett and michael jackson?
This makes no sense whatsoever. Farrah was pinning boys to the wall? Where does Michael Jackson come in? Mega WTF. :?:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:29 am

porfiry wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:whats the difference between farrah fawcett and michael jackson?
This makes no sense whatsoever. Farrah was pinning boys to the wall? Where does Michael Jackson come in? Mega WTF. :?:
Jokes aren't funny if you have to explain them. :?

Every teenage boy had a Farrah poster pinned to his wall in the 70's.
MJ was accused of "pinning boys to the wall", if you get my drift.

Spikee

Post by Spikee » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:50 am

Once Jacko handed out the money for the settlements in the various molestation cases, I think that's more than enough to assume that he was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. If you were an insanely successful musician who stood to lose absolutely everything by being labeled a molester, wouldn't you fight that to a better end? Man if I was MJ, I'd at least have the common sense to know that once people found out that I was paying off the child's families that their impression of me would change almost as much as if I was found guilty.

Jacko apologists... lol.

As for his death, I would've preferred it happened in a worse way but hey, heart attacks will get the job done.

porfiry

Post by porfiry » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:19 am

Machinesworking wrote:Jokes aren't funny if you have to explain them. :?
My point exactly.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 am

porfiry wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:Jokes aren't funny if you have to explain them. :?
My point exactly.
My guess is you had no idea that Farrah was a sex symbol with posters in every pubescent boys room in the 70's, that's not the fault of the joke, just makes you really young, or ignorant or both. :wink: