Our latest live set online from a couple of KIWI live heads

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
COSM

Our latest live set online from a couple of KIWI live heads

Post by COSM » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:59 am

Hey yall, my partner and I do a live soundsystem thing over here in kiwi land. Finially got into gear and purchased a copy of live and have never turned back. This was all done using live rewired with fruityloops, a microkorg, microkontrol, few effects and stuff.

Have a listen if you like...its kinda progressive house into minimal psy into full on stuff with a bit of breaks and a hint of dub (its kiwi gotta have a hint of dub)

heres the link http://bolie.beats.ws/Cosm-Live@TheFullCircle2005(burn_me_for_others_and_spread_the_love_www.cosm.co.nz.mp3

comments are most welcome please feel free to leave them in the guestbook at www.cosm.co.nz

love the COSM kids

ps. I see your around here pitch black. Much much respect, your a great influence on our music.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:03 am

fuck yeah

anyone who hasnt heard this .. hear it now...

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:06 am

and a second thumbs up

stallos

Post by stallos » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:41 am

I'm tuned into this at work right now and I'm liking this a lot.

How about firing up the tracklisting

keep up the good work

cheers stal[/quote]

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:48 am

im under the impression they made it themselves .. that's why im impressed...

COSM

Post by COSM » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:54 pm

Yeh 100% original (apart from the kelice bootleg!! hehe)

I could make up some names for tunes if you want me to? heheh

thanks for the positive comments

tommy2000

Post by tommy2000 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:21 pm

Most excellent!

You ought to make a tutorial on how you put it together, I bet folks would love to know how.

Great work, enjoyed it quite a bit!

Tom

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:55 am

sometimes id rather not know how a piece of great music has been put together.

basically after hearing the first 3 tracks off that set, I've been set off on a journey of synthesis, learning how to make vocal formants and those liquid melty warble sounds on my andromeda from scratch...

dont give out ur magic recipe guys ;-)

COSM

Post by COSM » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:46 pm

Well, its taken a good year to get enough materiel together to play a 90 minute set, and lots of illegal psychedelic drugs.

Originally we used fruityloops to make the majority of our stuff, but since live 4 came out we grabbed a copy and use fruity rewired into it.

When we work we work on a set, never individual tunes. So when we want to write an actual tune for something we take a chunk from our live set, save it as something else and work on that.

When we play we have one huge semi sequenced arrangment. Things like kicks, percussion, hihats, some sound effects and some basslines are all presequenced, then when we play we go off on tangents with our synths and stuff. Mainly hannah played melodic stuff whilst I muck around with it, and controll the sequenced stuff. Sometimes we get brave and really turn it into some live madness, and I always have the emergency button on my microkontrol that snaps it all back to the original.

I would love to get better at working in the live view thing, and eventually get the whole set done in that. But for now we still use the live view when we play so we can set up loops and stuff that hannah plays and muck with them behind the pre sequenced percussion etc...

Thanks to all those who have listened.

At the moment we are in Seattle, and heading up to Vancouver after the weekend. We are really looking for some gigs or even just some live stuff to check out while we are over here. Would even be keen to just get out to a club and see some djs and get pissed :)!!! Any suggestions?

-Tom and Hannah
www.cosm.co.nz

illsub1

Post by illsub1 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:20 pm

Way to go, I burned this last night and was jammin to it in my car today. I think its totally unique and sounds great especially considering the minimal equipment you have. The mix was a little bass heavy but it sounded really nice, I was surprised to see how young you guys are and how simple your setup is. How long did it take you to dice that stuff up? Keep it up!!

Benihana
www.illsub.com

protocol

Post by protocol » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:43 pm

I've burnt a second copy for a friend. We both say "respect!" and "thanks!" :)

protocol

pix

Post by pix » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:38 am

great sound!

Would love to see you guys play.

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:37 pm

Hey on your guestbook site it says you're in canada right now...where are you right now? Toronto? Yo ill come check you out if you are playing!!

COSM

Post by COSM » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:12 pm

Hey dude! Were in Vancouver at the moment, real keen to make some hookups, whats the scene like in toronto!?

Spiralgroove

Post by Spiralgroove » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:18 pm

i think im in love with Hannah...

*smitten*