SARAH PALIN RESIGNS AS GOVERNOR OF ALASKA

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dhilsabeck

SARAH PALIN RESIGNS AS GOVERNOR OF ALASKA

Post by dhilsabeck » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:19 am

Just wanted to keep you all in the loop.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/07/03/ ... cnnSTCText

Video of resignation speech. A gift that keeps on giving.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politi ... .down.ktuu

Spikee

Re: SARAH PALIN RESIGNS AS GOVERNOR OF ALASKA

Post by Spikee » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:27 am

As a completely uninformed citizen of the U.S., I likes Sarah Palin because she's spunky. Me and my wife Bertha was watchin' her resignator speech in our double-wide trailor while takin' a break from readin' our bible and gettin' ready fer a witchhunt, and I's so excited that she gonna quit the job she promised everyone she'd do to the best of her abilities to help America! I just hope she turns into a superhero that keeps them gays from gettin' married, with all the problems in the world right now that's the one that's gonna change EVERYTHING if she can git-r-done! Yee haw America!

Sincerely,

The collective voice of the only part of the population that'll like her after this bout of political suicide.

Ok, now that I've got that out of my system... if I have any brains at all, why would I vote for someone for president when she can't even finish one term as a governor? Does she think we'll forget about this? Does she think that the Democrats will let us? If I was a smart and intellectual Republican I frankly would be insulted if this piece of garbage got the nomination. As well, I can't be the only one that's insulted that her main reason for resigning was media heat, and the money it cost the state of Alaska. For one, if that was indeed the case you'd figure that she'd be able to do more to reform that while holding the office of governor, but considering the fact that the media got all over her was also partly (largely) due to her in-fighting with McCain on the campaign trail and her 180 turn on taking stimulus money, and her poor reaction to David Letterman... goddamn. The only thing I hate more than political spin-doctoring is the fact that these politicians actually believe that they can play me for a fool.

Good riddance hockey mom.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:40 am

This woman was in the run for vice president?

Your country is fucked.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Very possibly the beginnings of a 2012 presidential run :shudder:

dj_huck

Post by dj_huck » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:10 pm

bush got elected twice here. no reason to think that moron will not get elected. those are just the facts as i see them

jeffplaysmoog

Post by jeffplaysmoog » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:25 pm

There is only one phrase I will ever use to describe Sarah Palin:

total douche bag.

She should be expunged from these here 50 states.
Mac Book Pro 2.33ghz, 2gig Ram, OS 10.5, Ableton Live 8 Suite, APC40

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:41 pm

There's either a scandal about to hit, or she's doing the smart thing and leaving politics to be a fulltime celebrity/ TV talk show host. If she thinks she's going to barnstorm the lower 48 raising money for her presidential run she's a complete and total moron. Wait...

ghast

Post by ghast » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:44 pm

resigning from your elected post because you suddenly feel you can do much better isn't a very responsible thing to do. just a reminder: she finally obtained her B.A. in journalism only after transferring her credits to 5 different schools. why is anyone paying attention to this person?

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:57 pm

ghast wrote: why is anyone paying attention to this person?
To some standards, she is attractive. And very entertaining.

anybody human wrote:There's either a scandal about to hit
Apparently there's some shady business involved with her new home and the 12 million dollar Wasilla Sports Center that the same contractor built when she was mayor.

anybody human wrote: or she's doing the smart thing and leaving politics to be a fulltime celebrity/ TV talk show host..
And why not? She's proven herself to be a completely inept politician. Everyone knows that. She'll get much further/wealthier with a multimedia circus.

ethios4 wrote: Very possibly the beginnings of a 2012 presidential run :shudder:
Perhaps, but I doubt it. As a public servant she will be under far too much scrutiny to ever get anything accomplished. Hence the reality TV shows, radio, podcasts, NRA convention speeches, etc etc etc.

Spikee wrote: ....The collective voice of the only part of the population that'll like her after this bout of political suicide.
Which makes the career shift seem to make more sense.

Spikee wrote: Good riddance hockey mom.
Yes. This woman is dangerous. She has no place making important decisions for our country/world (!!!). She's already done enough damage to Alaska and she hasn't even finished her first term as Governor. I can't speak for everyone but to many Alaskans, she is an embarrassment.

funknotik

Post by funknotik » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:34 pm

Who Nailin Palin? Image
Two technics 1210 turntables, alot of guitars, 2gig Sony vgz fz290, 2gig frankenstein pc, mbox, ableton, flstudio, recycle, the infinity gauntlet, and alot of spare time..

idl

Post by idl » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:51 pm

Seriously, she scares me - to think there's a possability she could be president? We'd seriously be fooked (and no doubt the rest of the world too). It baffles me that so many people like her just because she's a hockey mom and all that crap. She may well be a nice person, but that isn't anywhere near grounds for the presidency!

If only this were real... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07kO9TtHYzQ

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:47 pm

She is infuriating in a very Karl Rove sort of way....that's what scares me.

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:55 pm

She's just... soo.... fucking.... irritating. She's like fingernails down a chalkboard to me.

necho

Post by necho » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:02 pm

Whenever I find myself feeling miserable about the sorry state of the pathetic little armpit of a country I inhabit, I think of Sarah Palin, and everything snaps back into perspective.
_________
sigs suck.

trevorc

Post by trevorc » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:02 pm

i had to turn that resignation speech off before she destroyed my ability to understand my own language.

the only evidence of joined up consciousness i managed to take out of it was that she's quitting because she is not a quitter. the meaning of that still troubles me though :?