Group in Portland Oregon?

Promote your gigs or events.
Wayne from White Salmon

Group in Portland Oregon?

Post by Wayne from White Salmon » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:10 pm

Is there a Live group in Portland ORegon? Is there interest? I'm ready to join one.

Seattle is too far to participate on a regular basis- I'm an hour east of Portland as it is.

I'm an acoustic traditional musician, but I really want to incorporate my acoustic roots in an electronic environment- with beats, sampling and looping. I have a band that has similar goals, and I want to help the band get there.

If there is a club that focuses on Electronica or has an Etronic night in the Portland area that would be a great help.

Wayne from White Salmon
HP dv6000t, Duocore2 T7200, 1G, 80GB 5400, Reason 3.0, Live 6, Pro88, Presonus Firebox, Drumkat 3.5,

napalmskatterjazz

Post by napalmskatterjazz » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:46 am

portland has some really good laptop musicians. I would like to see a portland thread as well. comeon giggas what the f**k. I know there are a few of you out there,
2.0Ghz Coreduo PC notebook, 4GB ram, Overclocked to hell sittin on aluminum extra fans w/ no drivebay or pcmcia...
2.8Ghz Quadcore on Asus MB, 4GBRam, Dual 512MB SLI Graphics both @16x.

Gejius

PDX

Post by Gejius » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:09 pm

Yagga Yagga.

Portland has a ton or rad electronic music/musicians. I'm not gonna be that guy too much, but I'm trying to be one of them.

Here's a couple places I've played and am booking to play that are down with the whole laptop/electronic music thing: Pi-Rem, Holocene, ACME, Aura, White Eagle, The Waypost, Mississippi Station, the Someday Lounge. There's some to get you started.

If you wanna find more, just hit up Willamette Weekly's page http://www.wweek.com and go to the Local Cut section. There should be a venue listing up somewhere around there.

And if anyone's interested, I'm playing at Music Millennium on the corner of NW 23rd & Johnson, tomorrow afternoon at 5. I'll be rockin' Live 6 like there's no tomorrow.

Paz,
Gejius
http://www.myspace.com/gejius

jah4life

Post by jah4life » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:54 pm

another oregon user here. currently in eugene, but will be making my way to PDX very soon.

Another frequent poster called "Laird" seems to have PDX as his/her location. Any more Oregon folk out there?

CutterFiltoff

Re: Group in Portland Oregon?

Post by CutterFiltoff » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:28 pm

I'm in process of putting together the first PDX user group meeting. I'd love any and all comments on what you would like to see at a user meet up. Some events to be included are technique demos, contests for Ableton and Audio Damage (who will be sponsoring) items, and Q&A sessions to help spread live knowledge.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Certified Ableton Live Instructor

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:50 am

CutterFiltoff wrote:I'm in process of putting together the first PDX user group meeting. I'd love any and all comments on what you would like to see at a user meet up. Some events to be included are technique demos, contests for Ableton and Audio Damage (who will be sponsoring) items, and Q&A sessions to help spread live knowledge.

Thanks,

Jeremy
wow, sounds great Jeremy. I'm a long-time Portlander and very interested in a meetup like this. I'll start brainstorming further ideas. I've got at least one friend (not on these forums) in PDX who will for sure be into this.

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

ampman117

Post by ampman117 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:36 am

Count me in! this sounds great :mrgreen: for topics, I'd be interested in seeing how other people work with Live, work-flow type stuff, Operator tutorial/FM synthesis basics, demos/experiences building midi controllers and synthesizers (midibox, arduino, x0xb0x, other DIY), information on upcoming shows in the area, music sharing...

When do you think the first meetup will come together?

CutterFiltoff

Post by CutterFiltoff » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:10 am

@ampman

I'm looking for venues currently. I think my top pick would be Backspace, but I welcome any other suggestions. I hope to have a meeting in the next 2 months or so. Really I'd like it to happen as soon as possible, but it all depends on finding an optimal space. I'm encouraged by everyone's enthusiasm!

iwontsubscribe

Post by iwontsubscribe » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:51 pm

i live in ne portland.

i got live 7 last summer took a detour with mainstage.

i use a first gen intel mac.

i would like to get a upgrade for both.

i am still a newbie to ableton. i have been using in my band as a effects processor.
i just downloaded b-keeper and am trying to sort out the details so i can use ableton to loop all the backing tracks i did in logic.

i would totally be interested in a user group.

old school user

Post by old school user » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:11 pm

I'm down with the group meeting.

CutterFiltoff

Post by CutterFiltoff » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:17 pm

Glad to get some feedback. I almost have a venue worked out. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks!

iwontsubscribe

Post by iwontsubscribe » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:47 am

i am also in the middle of learning how to use the b-keeper software. so that the tempo will slave to the drums. pretty interesting stuff.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:59 am

CutterFiltoff wrote:I'm in process of putting together the first PDX user group meeting. I'd love any and all comments on what you would like to see at a user meet up. Some events to be included are technique demos, contests for Ableton and Audio Damage (who will be sponsoring) items, and Q&A sessions to help spread live knowledge.

Thanks,

Jeremy
I'm in Seattle, but if you need help, let me know.

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:04 pm

Backspace would be a cool location, plenty of space and it seems somehow appropriate. I agree with ampman that I'd really enjoy some sort of tutorial/any-kind-of-help around using Operator and FM synthesis in general. I'm really not using it to its full potential (or even close) and it would be great to have some kind of help around exploring it further via a meetup like this.

excited about this meetup,

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

CutterFiltoff

Post by CutterFiltoff » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:59 pm

Alright! I have a space and time set up for the meet. It will be at the Airplay Cafe, 701 E Burnside (where Ozone Records used to be) on the 5th of August at 8pm. I've worked it out so that it's free, and you'll have a chance at winning some Live shwag as well as 2 free Audio Damage plug in licenses. Any more suggestions are welcome, as I'm still planning. There will be a presentation on Operator, as requested, as well as some more advanced techniques. Can't wait to see you there :mrgreen: