OT: C'mon Obama

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
starving student

OT: C'mon Obama

Post by starving student » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:15 am

dude don't tell me you one of them funny style niggas c'mon now man.........

alright it's like this, back in the day when President Obama was then Candidate Obama John Gordon was contacted and furthermore contracted to build a bridge so to say between the various types of dis-enfranchised segments of American Society you know minorities, the youth, gays and lesbians, veterans, etc... and the Obama administration should there be one. Now I can't go into any details but I don't mind telling you that John made a pretty penny off the arrangement and why not his services are worth every penny and his reputation runs wide and clear this we all know so contact was made with Obamas people through channels I won't disclose here and a meeting was scheduled. Up to this point everything was fine and I was happy I mean how could I not be John was happy and when John Gordon is happy trust me everybody is happy, but to make a long story short John did his thing and Obama became president so now this deep into his presidency things are starting to look a little shakey and when I say shakey I mean 'hand shakey shakey'. Obama made certain promises to certain people and he's going about keeping these promises just a little to slow and to be honest he's a politician so if he flat out lied when he made those promises that would be fine, the problem is he made these promises to these segments of society through John Gordon and did I mention that John's middle name is 'results' probably not but I digress.....The point I'm trying to make is this, you don't break promises you made to John Gordon they break You, do you understand me buddy, pal, Obamasan yeah I'm talking to you. Do what you say and say what you do dammit, lets go with the transparency, lets go with the gays in the military, lets go with the healthcare and with the education I'm serious man don't fuck me on this one Obama no change that you can say what you want to me but don't even think about Lying to John Gordon.
Go get yourself together man take a few days off play some basketball, tap that fine ass by the name of Michelle do what you gotta do but then come back and do what you Really GOTTA DO!!! Dammit Barack look into his eyes does John look like he's playin with you? well does he?

don't be one of them funny style niggas you know the type of brotha that walks up to you on the street talkin bout "hey man gimme me five" and the fother mucker don't even have any hands................Barack I'm so pissed at you right now.

knotkranky

Re: OT: C'mon Obama

Post by knotkranky » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:46 am

Give him some slack my friend and don't mistake losing a battle or two as losing the war. He's pres, not king and it'll take a hell of lot of influence and power brokering to move the shit he's gotta move. Tell John to chill the fuck out and... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO38rf1m0FU

:D :D :D :D

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:35 am

Anyone who supports Obama, as I do, should read the Barack Hoover Obama article in Harpers magazine. I always thought Hoover was a stumbling idiot but it turns out he was the Obama of his day. Only adult in the room, Indiana Jones and Spock in one person. But he was unable to think outside the wisdom of the day. The conventional wisdom nowadays is change has gotta come slowly, there's just too many powerful interests to contend with. Usually that's understandable, but not at turning points in history. In times like these the radical is the only way possible. Couple weeks ago Obama said "sure if we were starting from scratch we'd look at single payer healthcare, but...". Dude, it's time to start from scratch or we're all screwed. I don't blame him so much as the handful of gutless "centrist" democrats but still, I'm afraid they're about to blow this best chance at real change in my lifetime.
I do sympathize with him, hell I love the guy, but this ain't looking good at all. Great President isn't going to be good enough, we need a Roosevelt/Lincoln greatest and how.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:19 am

I feel a little bit like both of you, seriously though how patient can we be he's only got a little bit of time and the planets are never gonna align like this, he needs to start listening to all of his own speeches where he says 'if not now, when?'

Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:52 pm

I agree that before we know it the time will be gone but stay strong he has alot on his plate.
can you imagine what it must be like to be the first black president of america just trying to go to sleep at night in the whitehouse must be a daunting task.
the Gargoyle

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:57 pm

starving student wrote:I feel a little bit like both of you, seriously though how patient can we be he's only got a little bit of time and the planets are never gonna align like this, he needs to start listening to all of his own speeches where he says 'if not now, when?'

I know the guy will run himself into the ground to pull it off. I believe in his capacity 100%. If he failed at 50% of what he promised, it'll still be a major win. He needs another term though and we have to keep the fires burning to get him there. It's gonna be rough for a while regardless.

Then there's this lot -

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:02 pm

:lol:

Who does work on their first term? A real president will spend at least 40% of the first 18 months on a vacation! I haven't seen his drive yet!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:14 pm

We can only expect so much from a President. We all know W. was a puppet... but that's because the presidency comes with so many strings attached. I hated GWB probably as much if not more than most, but at some level he's probably a fun guy to party with. I grew up in Texas too. I know he probably did lots of blow and drank tequila and Dois Equis with his hand up a skirt more than once.

Back to the point... All these changes that we want cause domino effects the likes of which even Barrack is only now beginning to realize the full scope of. He probably doesn't sleep as well as he did this time last year and he probably feels a lot like a rag doll. Getting a President in office is one step but if the Office itself is too wrecked and riddled with holes then you end up with four years of spackling. All that mending and patching only begs the question when does the remodel actually occur?
anybody human wrote:In times like these the radical is the only way possible
I agree with this statement. Even a forest has to burn every couple of decades. We've got over 200 years of twisted men and their greed, self interests, hedonistic financial headfucks and robbery to make up for.

Obama can't do it all alone. Only a continent sized natural disaster can.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:15 pm

hoffman2k wrote::lol:

Who does work on their first term? A real president will spend at least 40% of the first 18 months on a vacation! I haven't seen his drive yet!
Right!?

this slacker has a jump shot that is too good also. What is Harvard up to? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j87k1j4CpOw

:)

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:41 pm

starving student wrote:I feel a little bit like both of you, seriously though how patient can we be he's only got a little bit of time and the planets are never gonna align like this, he needs to start listening to all of his own speeches where he says 'if not now, when?'
There's a lot that needs to be fixed, let alone metaphorical bridges. Our entire infrastructure needs to be restructured and it's all in process.

Remember he's only been in office for 6 months. The economy has been in decline for 8 years, the war in Iraq has been going on for 6 years, the war in Afghanistan has been going on for 8 years, the environment has arguably been ignored with exception for add or reinforced detrimental policies for 8 years and (not in conclusion, just ending the highlights) healthcare is still the same shitty program it's been for too long.

You say it's been too long already and I say 6 months is not long enough to fix anything, but it makes for a decent starting point for what's on the list of major priorities.

He's already doing more than most other presidents have done in their first years. There's no honeymoon period for this guy. He's been working hard from day 1. You don't have to agree with his priorities or his policies to at least acknowledge this one does work hard.

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:10 am

now what do you think elxicano, how can you be this strong and fold on your own healthcare pledges, I think I'm getting sick.

nylarch

Post by nylarch » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:25 am

Its really one of the negatives of democracy that forces someone to be pragmatic b/c they have to think about running again in basically 2 years into it.

One thing I do love about Bam is he seems like he's willing to risk being a one termer to fix some shit that he really thinks is broken. A lot of smart politicians have stayed away from even trying to fix healthcare in this country b/c its too broken to fix quickly.
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:36 am

nylarch wrote:Its really one of the negatives of democracy that forces someone to be pragmatic b/c they have to think about running again in basically 2 years into it.

One thing I do love about Bam is he seems like he's willing to risk being a one termer to fix some shit that he really thinks is broken. A lot of smart politicians have stayed away from even trying to fix healthcare in this country b/c its too broken to fix quickly.
I do get that but there is a time and place for everything, if this isn't the time and place to handle this then when is, it's not like he or anybody is going to have this much weight behind them in the forseeable future

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:51 am

starving student wrote:
nylarch wrote:Its really one of the negatives of democracy that forces someone to be pragmatic b/c they have to think about running again in basically 2 years into it.

I do get that but there is a time and place for everything, if this isn't the time and place to handle this then when is, it's not like he or anybody is going to have this much weight behind them in the forseeable future
How about when there's time to do it? :|

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:58 am

I am extremely disappointed in Obama, but I am not extremely surprised.