Deadmau5 speaks about us in a song.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stringtapper

Re: Deadmau5 speaks to the forum

Post by stringtapper » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:54 pm

3dot... wrote:
Aequitas123 wrote:who hates 4 to the floor? thats just absurd.
:mrgreen:

that's like saying I hate fast food...
Fixed.
Unsound Designer

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:15 pm

:lol:

yeah at least I'll get a good laugh!

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:25 pm

MrShine wrote:
A recent interview saw him slating DJ's and saying they are a waste of time and will be obsolete soon...great words from a producer...

Muppet.
a lot of people here have expressed the same thought. Then again their careers arent largely dependent on them.

MrShine

Post by MrShine » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:58 pm

ThrowAway wrote:
MrShine wrote:
A recent interview saw him slating DJ's and saying they are a waste of time and will be obsolete soon...great words from a producer...

Muppet.
a lot of people here have expressed the same thought. Then again their careers arent largely dependent on them.
Exactly.

As an EDM producer..the way your music is heard to the mass's is through the DJ at the clubs, radio shows and events and i believe he lost an awful lot of followers and supporters through his words.

In fact his latest venture into the commercial charts is quite ironic...

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:05 pm

still doesnt make him a dick for stating the fact of the average dj is a poser musician for lack of a better term. I say this as a poser musician so I should know. When I say average I mean the ones you most commonly come across in the main stream club/radio scene.

MrShine

Post by MrShine » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:17 pm

ThrowAway wrote:still doesnt make him a dick for stating the fact of the average dj is a poser musician for lack of a better term. I say this as a poser musician so I should know. When I say average I mean the ones you most commonly come across in the main stream club/radio scene.
He went abit further than that....
taken from an interview with deadmau5 and it was an interview he gave to one of our national news papers the irish daily star and it goes as follows:

red hot canadian producer deadmau5 hits irish shores this weekend but local dj's better keep out of his way.
the five times beatport award winner told clubmix in an explosive interview that he HATES dj's and think they're all fucking cunts. deadmau5 prenounced dead mouse said he will only perform live shows of his own music and think dj's should be extinct. he says it puts me to fucking sleep to be quite honest, i dont really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to fucking tears and hopefully with all due respect to the dj type that will fucking go the way of the dinosaur id like them to disafuckingpear. joel continued, its so middle man,they're like fucking lawyers you need them,but they're fucking cunts. god bless them they're my number one customer right so im not gonna go diss every fucking dj.but to say you become this massive up on a podium performer by playing other peoples productions at the same speed as someone eles productions and fading between the two of them, i don't get it.
Dj's have been entertaining for decades in one shape or another...producers have as well, without one or the other in the EDM scene it's difficult to create the atmosphere that the two combined bring forward.

Like i said before the guy is an muppet, he talks trash alot of the time and without a PR service behind him he would be ignored for the immature child like attitude he has.

Come to think of it...his tracks are becoming abit too similar to older tunes...

Clockwork - http://www.juno.co.uk/products/332518-01.htm

Cygnus X - http://www.juno.co.uk/products/38621-01.htm

drewbixcube

Post by drewbixcube » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:10 am

^ lol, Clockwork... The Orange Theme... A Clockwork Orange!

Coincidence?

dcease

Post by dcease » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:04 am

yeah, he has a tune or two that i can dig, and i am not really a dance-y type guy either. not sure why people hate him so much? i like that he says whatever. who cares if some dj somewhere gets his/her feelings hurt... boo-fucking-hoo, blog me a river. good publicity, really. it should not affect your life, or what you love. ~7 billion people in this world, his is only one opinion (and aren't we all entitled to one?). not really much in the grand scheme of things. i'm sure all the interweb hate mongering keeps him up at night, and unable to make tunes...

never really liked barbra streisand. maybe i should start a thread? :lol: :roll:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:27 am

dcease wrote:never really liked barbra streisand. maybe i should start a thread
Rave already started that thread: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96548

dcease

Post by dcease » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:45 am

H20nly wrote:
dcease wrote:never really liked barbra streisand. maybe i should start a thread
Rave already started that thread: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96548
:lol: :lol: :lol:

glenn303

Post by glenn303 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:13 am

Regardless of whether or not you like his music (or him) at least he's making a living on what he loves to do, i would be very happy to be in his position.

MrShine

Post by MrShine » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:25 am

If you feel it's down to DJ's getting their feelings hurt, then you've got the wrong end of the stick there..most DJ's ( including myself ) shake our heads at the immaturity of his comments.

A producer of EDM needs DJ's to get his creations heard..slating them is hardly a way to move forward...

Already feedback on his shows/tracks is waning...people are put off by his arrogance.

We all have an opinion, fine with me, i DJ quite alot and have a few followers of what i do and most importantly i enjoy what i do, if anyone feels that DJ's are a waste of time, then i ask that they learn to do it in a professional environment where your money is earnt based on your skill and knowledge...

I at least have the common courtesy to have some respect for those who provide the tracks that make what i do enjoyable and having worked with alot of producers over quite some time, i have never heard someone slate the DJ for no reason except ignorance ( or a bad DJ...there is quite alot of them about! )

It doesn't make sense to me as someone who helps promote producers in DJing and in my shows to come across a producer who feels the DJ is a waste of time...

No comments in this thread or any other's have justified his reasons for disliking the main source of his promotion to the mass's...why?

mdk

Post by mdk » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:02 pm

MrShine wrote:No comments in this thread or any other's have justified his reasons for disliking the main source of his promotion to the mass's...why?
because knocking out simplistic overcompressed generic electronic turds is slightly more complicated than mixing them. hence him > djs. its just a diversion tactic.
Pr0k Records - Bandcamp Facebook Twitter

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:20 pm

MrShine wrote:
ThrowAway wrote:still doesnt make him a dick for stating the fact of the average dj is a poser musician for lack of a better term. I say this as a poser musician so I should know. When I say average I mean the ones you most commonly come across in the main stream club/radio scene.
He went abit further than that....
taken from an interview with deadmau5 and it was an interview he gave to one of our national news papers the irish daily star and it goes as follows:

red hot canadian producer deadmau5 hits irish shores this weekend but local dj's better keep out of his way.
the five times beatport award winner told clubmix in an explosive interview that he HATES dj's and think they're all fucking cunts. deadmau5 prenounced dead mouse said he will only perform live shows of his own music and think dj's should be extinct. he says it puts me to fucking sleep to be quite honest, i dont really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to fucking tears and hopefully with all due respect to the dj type that will fucking go the way of the dinosaur id like them to disafuckingpear. joel continued, its so middle man,they're like fucking lawyers you need them,but they're fucking cunts. god bless them they're my number one customer right so im not gonna go diss every fucking dj.but to say you become this massive up on a podium performer by playing other peoples productions at the same speed as someone eles productions and fading between the two of them, i don't get it.
Dj's have been entertaining for decades in one shape or another...producers have as well, without one or the other in the EDM scene it's difficult to create the atmosphere that the two combined bring forward.

Like i said before the guy is an muppet, he talks trash alot of the time and without a PR service behind him he would be ignored for the immature child like attitude he has.

Come to think of it...his tracks are becoming abit too similar to older tunes...

Clockwork - http://www.juno.co.uk/products/332518-01.htm

Cygnus X - http://www.juno.co.uk/products/38621-01.htm
TBH it is quite incredible

I mean, talk about taking a shit on your own doorstep

a friend of a friend was the head honcho of a very large record distributor and now works at tescos, no word of a lie.

You do have to keep your ego in check, there is always someone bigger and more important.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:29 pm

sounds like he should change his name to 5ucidalmau5

he waxed now he'll wane.