Permanant Key/MIDI Mapping

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Shephurd

Permanant Key/MIDI Mapping

Post by Shephurd » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:28 am

Is it possible? Im sick of opening another scene or when i re-open live, i have to re-map everything..
am I missing something, or is this something I should put ina suggestion box? would be even better to have save/load for mapping

afro

Re: Permanant Key/MIDI Mapping

Post by afro » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:37 pm

You can create an empty project, make your mappings and save it as a template in Live's prefs.
Make different emtpy projects with your mappings for different scenarios.

What I would like to see is the option to TYPE in midi mappings instead of having to move the controller. It can get really frustrating to map things using controllers sending X, Y and Z simultaneously when Live "learns" all three mappings all the time... :cry:

ton

Re: Permanant Key/MIDI Mapping

Post by ton » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:56 pm

afro wrote:You can create an empty project, make your mappings and save it as a template in Live's prefs.
Make different emtpy projects with your mappings for different scenarios.

What I would like to see is the option to TYPE in midi mappings instead of having to move the controller. It can get really frustrating to map things using controllers sending X, Y and Z simultaneously when Live "learns" all three mappings all the time... :cry:
Isn't permanent MIDI Mapping equal to defining a control surface? Similar to User Remote Scripts and Instant Mapping. But for extensive definition of user configurations one needs to know and use the Live API.

Too bad, that a user has no other personal options other than using such a "User Remote Script" or UserConfiguration.txt file and edit it. This method seems to be quite limited compared to all available possibilities in the Live API. See here: http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/live- ... hain_Setup