APC 40 FAQs, features and questions

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Tagor

Re: APC 40 FAQs, features and questions

Post by Tagor » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:56 pm

thanks you halley for that !

DJChrisPaul

Re: APC 40 FAQs, features and questions Remap?

Post by DJChrisPaul » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:43 pm

i have a question, when i select track & remote, yes I can re map but the original mappings, well some of them seem to change, I want to keep the default apc40 mappings but just change the pans to something more useful and the cue level to bpm. any ideas? Thanks

Post by 4.33 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:11 pm

DJChrisPaul wrote:i have a question, when i select track & remote, yes I can re map but the original mappings, well some of them seem to change, I want to keep the default apc40 mappings but just change the pans to something more useful and the cue level to bpm. any ideas? Thanks
yes, if you enable everything in Midi Preferences for the APC - then you can remap any physical controller to anything.

DJChrisPaul

Post by DJChrisPaul » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:27 pm

4.33 wrote:
DJChrisPaul wrote:i have a question, when i select track & remote, yes I can re map but the original mappings, well some of them seem to change, I want to keep the default apc40 mappings but just change the pans to something more useful and the cue level to bpm. any ideas? Thanks
yes, if you enable everything in Midi Preferences for the APC - then you can remap any physical controller to anything.
I know if i enable track/sync/remot, then i can remap but that means i have to remap everything, i want to keep the apc40 settings and just change the pan and not have to remap the whole lot

Post by 4.33 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:06 pm

DJChrisPaul wrote:
4.33 wrote:
I know if i enable track/sync/remot, then i can remap but that means i have to remap everything, i want to keep the apc40 settings and just change the pan and not have to remap the whole lot

you don't have to remap everything
you can remap only what you need and other APC features will still work like they're supposed to
that's the beauty of the thing

DJChrisPaul

Post by DJChrisPaul » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:22 pm

yes, if you enable everything in Midi Preferences for the APC - then you can remap any physical controller to anything.[/quote]

I know if i enable track/sync/remot, then i can remap but that means i have to remap everything, i want to keep the apc40 settings and just change the pan and not have to remap the whole lot[/quote]

you don't have to remap everything
you can remap only what you need and other APC features will still work like they're supposed to
that's the beauty of the thing[/quote]

It doesn't work that way, when i enable remote etc, it keeps most of the apc settings but not others, for example, device control does not work as it did in native apc mode. I understand that i dont need to remap everything but stick a few devices in a track and use the device control, then switch to remote, you will see what i am talking about

DJChrisPaul

Post by DJChrisPaul » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:46 am

I actually sorted it, i had an old template set that was with my BCR2000 and BCF2000 so when i switched to remote, it defaulted to these and confused the apc40 and me... So i trashed the template and built a new one from scratch, when switching to remote the apc kept the original settings and then i was able to change pans etc...nice!

bbb

Post by bbb » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:02 am

got my baby yesterday. :mrgreen: and it's fantastic.

but now i have short question:
will there be "patches/presets" or sth like this that the buttonmatrix will have more vertical rows? by default it's limited to 125 rows and 64 tracks, if i remember right. but i dont need 64 tracks. i need more rows... i know these changes are possible with M4L, but would be great to have the option for e.g. 10 / 12 / 16 / ... tracks and then more rows WITHOUT M4L.

TylerBlake

Post by TylerBlake » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:38 am

kingpixel wrote:
G-force wrote:
kingpixel wrote: There's no other bag on the abe's shop and doing a little search here i didn't find anything...

No, it's this (sorry, don't have the actual link,but it's made by ableton--maybe it's not available yet) :

This looks pretty awesome!! Thanks G-Force!!

check out the UDG Creator Serato Backpack, although it's for serato it's made to fit a 12" mixer, laptop, vinyls, headphones and cords/cables so it's sure to fit an apc40 with a laptop

aMUSEd

Post by aMUSEd » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:26 pm

I notice the APC has dedicated knobs for Lives instruments and effects - are these recordable as automation in session view or does it suffer from the same limitation that affects all VST automation in Live?

trilo

Post by trilo » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:07 am

aMUSEd wrote:I notice the APC has dedicated knobs for Lives instruments and effects - are these recordable as automation in session view or does it suffer from the same limitation that affects all VST automation in Live?
I've had no problem recording automation of Live instruments/effects, AU's, or VST's using the APC40 & Live 8. I'm no VST wizard or anything, but on the handful of effects I've messed with everything worked normally and automation recorded without incident.

frankiben123

Post by frankiben123 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:32 pm

thanks...nice post
sales tracking software

aMUSEd

Post by aMUSEd » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:30 am

trilo wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I notice the APC has dedicated knobs for Lives instruments and effects - are these recordable as automation in session view or does it suffer from the same limitation that affects all VST automation in Live?
I've had no problem recording automation of Live instruments/effects, AU's, or VST's using the APC40 & Live 8. I'm no VST wizard or anything, but on the handful of effects I've messed with everything worked normally and automation recorded without incident.
In session view? It's always been something that wasn't possible before - that's why I asked, have they done something to make it work with this particular controller?

loseen

Post by loseen » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:23 am

maybe someone knows where I can buy APC40, without preorder??
trying to do this from 1 of June(((

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:55 am

you would better have preorderd in June